Dusting off the armor

Apply to Rhyme and Punishment here, should you be successful you can expect to receive our realm famous membership bag, complete with cheese coupons, half full bottles of wine, and a Toot plush toy.

Topic/Postby Grimindor » 26 Jul 2008, 22:14

Dusting off the armor

Putting off his heavy snow leopard cloak, Grimindor seats himself on a chair with a heavy sigh. Around him hangs a small collection of tattered red banners, some beautifully made paintings of a snow-covered landscape, and something that looks like official documents, signed and sealed.

Quickly removing his other fur-and-leather garments, he quickly curses the 'bloody heat' of the Redridge Mountains, and walks up to the irritatingly tall wardrobe, still untouched after all this time. Rummaging to find his fine shirt of black silk, his eyes catches something blue and gold, and after a pause he reaches in and draws out the garment. While carefully smoothing out the wrinkles on the worn and faded golden lion's head on the tabard in his hands, the brushing sound of pelt against a doorway turns his head around, and he looks into the eyes of a great and bulky black bear. Looking into its dull eyes, worn pelt and gaps in its teeth, Grim smiles. "I wonder if you'd manage to last ten seconds in a fight against the Horde these days, Wrath" he says, and looking into a nearby mirror, seeing his own fast greying great beard and mane, his scarred and wrinkled face, "And I doubt I could last even two."

"To the Officers of Rhyme and Punishment.

My name is Grimindor Dun-Haldren, retired Commander of the Stormwind Army, former Master Defender of the Defenders of Stormwind. These last years I have been away from the troubles of the world, travelling in the vast and beautiful mountains of Dun Morogh, as I once did when I was younger. I returned yesterday, and during these last twenty-four hours, I have seen enough to realize that the world has left me behind while I was away. What, with these blue people running around! And all the new animals people bring back from this portal of theirs, and all the new types of leather! And, sadly, the new weaponry of our enemies.

Although I can still shoot straight and wrestle a bear (my own, that is), I don't think I should re-enlist into any military unit. In my day, however, I enjoyed the company of your guildmistress while guarding various strategic points against the Horde in Alterac Valley, and as there are some former Defenders amongst your Rhymers, I humbly ask to be considered for membership.

Grimindor Dun-Haldren,
Commander (Ret.)"

OOC: Hey! I've been away from the game for a few years and got TBC just a few weeks ago. Since I remember enjoying roleplaying with members of RnP earlier, and that my friends and former guildmates Erethas and Merri are Rhymers, I would like to apply to the guild. I'm not really up-to-date with the roleplaying community on Moonglade these days, so I haven't met that many of you, but those I do know makes RnP a guild I would like joining.
Grimindor
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Erethas » 26 Jul 2008, 22:57

At ease, Defender.
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 26 Jul 2008, 23:07

*looks over the letter* Blue people *mutters* we're called draenei... Anyway... *looks at Pepple and Shevron expectingly*
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 26 Jul 2008, 23:25

*evil laugh*
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 27 Jul 2008, 00:26

Approved, of course. Good to see you here.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Pepple » 27 Jul 2008, 01:03

I'll give you a good seeing to soon, then!
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Topic/Postby Nysard » 27 Jul 2008, 10:15

Pepple wrote:I'll give you a good seeing to soon, then!

I bet you will you saucy beast!
Nysard

Topic/Postby Pepple » 27 Jul 2008, 16:41

I'll slip you one later, Fish.

*Adjusts tie*
Shevron wrote:(that came out larger than I expected)
Pepple
Sand Gnome

Return to Applications.