Wrath of the Frozen

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 06 Nov 2008, 04:17

Wrath of the Frozen

Shadowrend was standing on the very edge of the newly opened harbour in Stormwind city.
Her hair blowing gently in the late night wind, the weather was warm.
She kept thinking of all the previous events that had happened the last years. Everything from her first meeting with Serendipity, to the battle she and her guild had against the blood god Hakkar whom dwelt in the shadows of Zul Gurub.
Everything she thought about had given meaning, everything had a purpose.

She turned towards one of the boats that was floating so silently in the water underneath her.
She brushed her hair away from her face as she looked down into the water, seeing her own reflection in the water, she said quietly to herself

All these years, we've accomplished and beaten much.. Except time.. Meh, i feel tired..

She turned her face away from the water, and thought to herself

Hmm.. Am i getting to old? Why is it that i fear for the comming tide so much? What is the meaning of all this battleing?..

She and all of her friends from the guild had faced so much, everything from un-ending hordes of Orc's who constantly tried to claim Ashenvale and the Alterac Mountains for themselves, to ancient risen gods of the old.
Everything went through her mind, she thought of all the battles she had fought during her time in the guild.

W-Why am i so afraid of what's to come?.. Northrend.. The Lich King's rescent assault.. I'm not needed there, my age is taking me down.. I think, i think it's best to leave this comming battle to the younger ones.

Suddenly, Shadowrend felt a swift breeze come by her, cold as death itself. She stumbled back a bit, steadied her feets and faced the winds, to her surprise, she saw three guards storming up the stairs from the harbour.
Shadowrend grabbed her staff and followed them up the stairs.

At the top of the stairs, she noticed three dead corpses, two of which was no older then children, one clenched her hands around a little toy made out of wood, the last was that of a merchant, traveling through the City from Ironforge, she remembered, she had bought a glass of wine from him just hours earlier.

Seconds later, Shadowrend's shocked reaction to the bodies of the slain were brought abdrupt by the screams of a woman, standing no more then a few meters away.

Shadowrend ran to the lady and tried to hold her back.

Miss, miss, listen to me! Ya' need to get to safety, i beg ye' come with me, allow me to help ya'!

The lady didn't seem to listen much, her eyes were as red as the dawn itself, and tears streamed down her face as she stuttered

T-That's my Bill! My sweet child.. N-Noo! Bill!

She fell to her knees, struggled towards the dead body of little Bill, which was her son.
Shadowrend closed her eyes, clenched her fists and calmy said

Lady, what did this?

The lady turned towards Shadowrend, her eyes filled with tears and agony, she stuttered

A u..undead.. P..Please h..help me..

Shadowrend turned away from the lady and said with a calm, aggressive voice

I will help you.. I will help this city! Your son's death will be avenged!

She quickly started to run inwards in the city. Following the sounds of battle, she quickly found what she was looking for.
In a alley, two guards were fighting a rather large undead which had by the looks of it, killed the third guard.
She ran right in towards the undead and casted a frost bolt that hit the undead in the chest. The undead stumbled back a bit, and made a noise that could not be recognized by any language.
The guards pulled back a bit, giving room for Shadowrend to cast spells.
Shadowrend pointed her staff at the undead, and said

I do not know if you can understand me, so i will say this as clear as i can, you, and you kin will die, i will by the will of the gods, slay each and everyone of you myself.

The undead didn't understand what she said, but he understood her intent.
Shadowrend focused all her energy into one spell, leaned back and from her hands, created a bolt of frost, then she hurled it at him with all her power.

The bolt of frost hit the undead in the chest again, this time so hard that it shattered the bones, leaving a hole there.
The undeads reaction, does explain itself in any language, it screamed and fell quickly to the ground.
Shadowrend started to reak of vaport, her very veins even turned to ice, and she became blue as the cold winter itself.
She walked over to the corpse of the undead, grabbed it by the foot, and started walking towards the Harbour.
The undead itself was barely alive, twitching as it was dragged towards the harbour.
Shada stopped at the edge of a cliff that went straight down, hundred meters to the harbour, she turned to the undead and said

Now I'll send you back to your king, and to him, i want you to bring a message! Tell 'em, 'es days are over! He'll be slain like a dog, an' We'll show no mercy as we beat 'em senseless!

Shadowrend kicked the corpse of the undead over the edge and into the water as he started to drift away from the harbour.

The lady who lost her son was still sitting on the ground, she looked at Shadowrend and asked

I..Is it o..over?

Shadowrend looked at her child's body which was lying lifeless on the ground and quietly said

No.. It ain't over.. But soon It'll be over..

Shadowrend stared out at the sea, embraced all her air from her lungs and screamed into the cold breezing wind

YOU HEAR THAT?! IT AIN'T OVER! BRACE YOURSELF ARTHAS! FOR WE ARE COMMING FOR YA'!
..It is time to play god..

She quickly turned and started running towards the boats at the harbour, her fists still clenched in anger.
Save yourself the trouble and let's face it, I rule, You fool!

Yey! Pepple made me a Sheriff! *flashes badge* Yea, that's right.

-Shada [SIZE="5"]-The God-[/SIZE] Stormflower.
Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Topic/Postby Shadowrend » 06 Nov 2008, 04:18

My first go at a RP story.. Please tell me what'cha think :o Never done this before.
Save yourself the trouble and let's face it, I rule, You fool!

Yey! Pepple made me a Sheriff! *flashes badge* Yea, that's right.

-Shada [SIZE="5"]-The God-[/SIZE] Stormflower.
Shadowrend
Undisputed God of PvP

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 06 Nov 2008, 13:57

It's alright, might concider revising a few sentences but otherwise good...
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Return to The Shady Rest Inn