Toot's Big Catch

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Toot » 14 Nov 2008, 18:59

Toot's Big Catch

Toot's Big Catch

"...and that's where you need to fish to catch 'im" said Nat Pagle, now looking very drunk after his twelth tankard of Captain Rumsey's Lager. Toot stared at him for a moment, trying to figure out whether or not the human was mocking his gullability.
"So, what does a Mudskank look like?" asked Toot, trying to make Nat mess up on details.
"Slimey buggers!" announced Nat, "They'll slide right off yer hook if you try to use em as live bait. You gotta put em in one of these!"
Toot gawped as Nat dug through his tent and found a barrel-shaped lure, covered in slime, with a hook the size of an Elf's ear protruding out the side.
"You slide em in this 'ole...hic! and er.." Nat steadied himself for a second, stared at the lure and trying to focus his mind away from the swirling drunkeness. "...and they got these spines on their back, can't wriggle back out again, see? 'Ey, I tell you what ...hic! I'll give you one of these fer a shiney gold piece, I need to get some supplies from town." Toot looked at the lure, everything Nat had said seemed to make sense. He shrugged and handed Nat a gold, 'I can make that back in a few minutes' thought Toot to himself. The pair exchanged goodbyes and soon enough Toot was travelling across the sea to Stranglethorn Vale.

"I got what you need!" heckled a small green Goblin at Toot as he disembarked the boat into Booty Bay.
"I very much doubt that!" Said Toot, pushing the Goblin Merchant out of the way, who fell, scattering the small pile of mushrooms he was carrying across the dock. Toot made straight for the small cavern that led out of the small pirate town.
"I hate Goblins!" He muttered under his breath as he left, making sure the bruiser stood at the cavern entrance heard him, and began his trek through Stranglethorn.

After having to check his map a couple of times and shooing away another Goblin Merchant, Toot finally looked up through the dense foliage of the jungle to see the familiar snake's head totem sticking out of the ground. Toot shuddered, even with the extensive experience he had aquired while travelling the Outlands, the Garabushi Trolls who inhabited this temple city were still a force to be reckoned with. Scrambling up the wall, Toot could hear the drums and horns playing from inside. There was a splash as he landed in a spring pool the other side of the wall, which drained out into a waterfall. Toot climbed out, looking for Trolls or snakes, luckily it seemed most of the Trolls were busy having some kind of party some distance away. Climbing down the rocks to the side of the falls, Toot turned to notice a very hungry looking crocodile staring at him menacingly.
"Will you crocs ever learn!?" he exclaimed, bashing the croc over the head very hard with the business end of his fishing pole, knocking it out. "Right, this looks like a good spot." Toot set to catching some mudskank. After about quarter of an hour, his bobber vanished, and Toot struck, almost falling off the crocodile he was using as a seat. The creature he then landed was quite horrible, slimier than anything he'd felt before, the Mudskank instantly sunk the spines on it's back into Toot's hand. Crying out in pain, Toot hurled the fish to the ground, pulled out the lure Nat had sold him and stuck the fish in there. "Right, better put this in the water so the 'skanks don't die." muttered Toot, drew out a spare rod and slung the lure into the water infront of him, taking great pleasure in seeing the mudskank thrash around. Toot caught a few more Mudskanks, and fed them into the lure. Tossing the lure back into the water, Toot felt a strange tingle, as if something was wrong, holding his spare rod, he glanced round looking for a band of Trolls that'd crept up on him.
There were no Trolls.
There was nothing in the bedraggled tent that was behind him.
The crocodile was still unconsious. "huh"

Toot shrugged and turned back to the water, just in time to see an emormous green and yellow creature leap out of the water, enveloping the lure in one of it's three bear-trap sized mouths. Toot fought the creature for a moment, then realised what he was doing. He dropped the rod, as the creature swung round and crawled onto the land towards him. A passing Troll patroller shouted something in Garabushi, which was obviously of surprise and very rude, then fled into the jungle. This bought Toot enough time to mutter a few words of power, summoning the bound Felguard Shaathun from the abyss. Toot didn't even need to verbally command the demon, which hurled itself towards the Hydra, double-bladed axe weilded high in the air. Toot staggered backwards, heading towards some undergrowth and a perimeter wall. Shaathun swung widely, and his axe head connected with the beast's torso, causing a great gash in it's side. Two of the Hydra's heads roared in agony, while the third swung round, grasping it's jaw around the Felguard's waist.
The last thing Toot saw as he scaled over the wall was the Hydra flinging itself and Shaathun back into the water. And a very surprised looking crocodile.

"Innkeep! You'll never guess what I just caught!" exclaimed Toot loudly as he entered the inn. The Dwarf looked at Toot dryly and made a gesture with his arms.
"Don' tell m' laddie, t'was this big an' 'e got awae!"
Toot sighed as the bar erupted into a mocking laughter, and wondered what his Felguard would look like next time he summoned it.
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Return to The Shady Rest Inn