Further confusion

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Reathor » 27 Nov 2009, 21:27

Further confusion

The woman standing before him was fairly short, clad in expensive looking robes, a large cowl covered her head, concealing much of her face, including her eyes. A the small amount of skin visible appeared pale in tone, and her hair had a reddish tint to it.
“Eris?”
The woman could be seen smile at mention of her name, before bowing gracefully.
“It’s been a while, Reathor”
“Aye, it has…where’ve you been hidden, and how the fel did you get in here”
The woman looked around the room, before blushing faintly.
“Sorry, I blinked in, it was important”
“Oh…want to take a seat then?”

Reathor motioned to one of the seats near his desk, feinting a smile, the woman nodded, before smirking and sitting down carefully.
“Something wrong, Reathor? You look…confused”
“I’m not used to the supposedly long dead appearing at random in my quarters…that’s all”
Eris smiled faintly, “Fair enough”
“So…why are you here”
The mage nodded, clearly expecting the question, and revealed a book from her robes, placing it on the desk before Reathor.
“It’s your fathers… I think, in light of recent happenings, it would do you well to read it”
Reathor looked at the book, inspecting it carefully, a small tome, covered with purple cloth, with the initials U.C.Alexander engraved into the cover. He recognised this book from when he was younger, his father had taken it everywhere with him, often stopping to write in it, the Purple cloth had been an addition Reathor had demanded, purple being the best colour ever, of course. He ran his hand slowly along the cover, and nodded to Eris.
“Wait…how did you come across this?”
“It was in Alexander Keep, I went there a few days ago, my fathers buried there to, remember. It was laying in the crypt, so I took it, figured if his son was still alive, Your father would have wanted you to have it, and here you are”
The Paladin furrowed his brow, looking at the book suspiciously.
“I…see, I think, I had best read it, then”
“Mhm, you better, you’ll need to read it if your ever to work out what’s going on”
“Wait, how do you kn-”
Reathor looked up, and where Eris had sat, was now an empty seat. He blinked, almost in disbelief, before looking quickly around the room. Everything was as it should be, nothing appeared out of place or tampered with, and Eris was most definatly gone.

“…odd, … most odd” he muttered, apparently to himself, before looking down at the book. “Perhaps, this will contain some answers”.
The Paladin opened the tome, and leaned back in his chair, and began to read..
Reathor
Divine Judgement and stuff!

Return to The Shady Rest Inn