The Rhyme and Punishment bar

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Syrah » 06 Dec 2009, 22:12

The Rhyme and Punishment bar

As promised, screenies and transcript of the event.

Saige, Folji and Ehiela: bartender and waitresses for the evening

Dipity's impression of Jessica Rabbit's "why don't you do right" with Folji turning a bit feral (watch the movie if you don't get the reference :p)

Close-up of our lovely singer

Strakoth's stand-up comedy performance and a decently filled bar

He's a bit of a womanizer and the waitresses loved him :Q

Strakoth, Ehiela, Folji, Saige and Serendipity... thank you all for making this event possible

Merri dancing on the bar... couldn't leave this one out!

And for those that couldn't attend... a transcript of the stand-up performance...

So, I was in Thunder Bluff the other day. Very nice place, friendly people. Until I walked into a diner and ordered a cheeseburger… They were NOT pleased. Apparently they’re not too keen on cheese…

But friendly people. Something you won’t see in Thunderbluff however are rogues. Well of course the whole idea about being a rogue is to go unnoticed. But there just aren’t any Tauren rogues. I asked this guy about it… Hey how come you guys don’t have rogues? He said: “well, we’re too big to sneak up on people. I eyed him down and asked: “have you ever gone hunting in Un’Goro? If anything as big as a ravasaur can sneak up on you without going noticed… You, my man, can be a rogue…

But yeah, no Rogues in Thunderbluff. I did however hear a rumor about there being Tauren Paladins… You heard about that one? Tauren Paladins? All I can say to that is: “Holy Cow!”

Heh, that reminds me of a joke I once heard. How many Paladins does it take to change torchlight? Two, one to change it and the other to uphold the light!

You know, when you visit Thunder Bluff, you have to take this elevator to get to the mesa’s… I hear a lot of people have died on that thing. In fact Thunder Bluff has the highest amount of elevator-related deaths. It used to be Shattrath, but that place is dead now. No pun intended…

So, on my way down I decided to beat the odds of the elevator and use my parachute cloak to gently float down the mesa. But, nothing quite says engineering like a 50% failure rate… So half way there, my parachute fails and I plummet down right into this huge pile of dung. Perhaps it was left by those Tauren Paladins. Would that make it Holy Crap or just a bunch of Bullshit? I’m not sure…

Last week I went on a hunting trip to Stranglethorn. Stayed at this hunting camp run by some dude named Hemet Nesingwary. Ever heard of him? Azeroth’s own mass-murderer? I’m surprised there is any wildlife left with that guy around.

But yeah, there is. Lots of creatures make Stranglethorn their home. Even murlocs. You know the ones I’m talking about right? Lill fishy people. I swear to the light, they’re everywhere! If there is a body of water, there will be a murloc. Fel, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were murlocs living in the Undercity sewers… It won’t be long before you open a bottle of water and a murloc will jump out!

Even up in Northrend there are murlocs now. But they call em Gorlocs. They’re the smart kind of murloc… Smart? I mean, it’s not like those other ones are all that dumb. You know what I think? They’re just putting up a show. I bet they sit around having tea parties discussing local economy until we show up. They’re not like ogres, no sir. You could probably shoot an ogre between the eyes and his other head wouldn’t know the difference…. I swear to the light, those murlocs are up to something.

Another thing you will find in Stranglethorn are goblins. You know, the small greedy bastards? Yeah, they also live there. And all of them are rogues! I mean, you just can’t see a green goblin against a green background!

/e peers into the distance and pretends to talk to someone next to him

You see that patch of lime? Yeah, right next to that spot of asparagus… no, when you get to the pine green you’ve gone too far… Just in between the sea green and the yellow green. You see it?

/e looks annoyed to his side

That’s not a goblin, that’s a beanstalk…

You know another thing Stranglethorn is known for? Fishing! Everyone goes to Stranglethorn to fish. They even have fishing-contests over there. It’s all about comparing the size of their cods…

Strange thing though, during that contest there is this goblin chick up in booty bay that will buy all your fish. Mind you, she even pays you a decent price. But, I dunno, something smells fishy about this business.

I mean, what would a small goblin do with a pile of fish big enough to feed a murloc army?

/e gets a look of shock en revelation on his face

Again, thank you all for helping and attending... couldn't have done it without you guys!
Hopefully this will be the beginning of a nice tradition...
I have no particular talent... but I'm fun to be around :cherwina:
Syrah
Wiggles

Topic/Postby Strakoth » 07 Dec 2009, 01:30

seriously had a great time taking part. Still got all the macros from the stand up. My hat is truely off to you, battles and poems i can write, emotions are easy. Comedy? Now THATS difficult. And you did it so completely well. So awsome event, greatly appreciated.
Strakoth

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 07 Dec 2009, 01:32

Yup, it was rather good fun! :Q
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Gergel » 07 Dec 2009, 09:55

Try StoryTeller instead of having to mess with macros. I've used it a little bit and it's very good for doing exactly that sort of thing, helping you say a bunch of lines one after another, like when singing or telling jokes.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Syrah » 07 Dec 2009, 10:40

Gergel wrote:Try StoryTeller instead of having to mess with macros. I've used it a little bit and it's very good for doing exactly that sort of thing, helping you say a bunch of lines one after another, like when singing or telling jokes.

Perfect! I'll have a look at it for our next edition. I was thinking of performing a duet. Such add-on would make my life a lot easier :)
Syrah
Wiggles

Topic/Postby Finna » 07 Dec 2009, 15:06

Yes, it was great! And I loved helping in it :)

Oh but Syr, it's Ehiela, not Ethiela ;)

But please ask me again next time!

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Darael » 07 Dec 2009, 16:40

Arr, thar be no screenshots fer me, arr!
Hah I even killed a lock once !

But then my guild leader was giving me hard time for not healing him...
Darael
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 07 Dec 2009, 18:10

De server be down! Rise up, ArrEnnPee, rise up!
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Syrah » 07 Dec 2009, 21:19

Finna wrote:Yes, it was great! And I loved helping in it :)

Oh but Syr, it's Ehiela, not Ethiela ;)

But please ask me again next time!

Funny how when you once have an image in your head, you just see it that way untill someone mentiones you're wrong....
where did that T go????
Syrah
Wiggles

Topic/Postby Finna » 08 Dec 2009, 10:01

Dunno ;) When's the next bar event? :D

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Next

Return to The Shady Rest Inn