The search

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 27 Feb 2008, 00:31

The search

The draenei priestess stood in front of the cathedral in Stormwind attaching a satchel to her snow white horse. She was wearing a wide sky blue robe and hood which covered her eyes with a chain of white gold around her neck with a locket at the end. A long staff with a large pearl at the tip was leaning against the horse and a steel gavel with golden highlights with a depiction of a demon being struck down by a paladin was fastened in a chain on the saddle. The full moon was at the top of the sky, giving the stone structures of Stormwind a blue-whiteish color. "Are you leaving Miss Lilandris?" Brother Kristoff asked, looking up from the book he was reading. "It's Priestess Lilandris to you" The draenei woman said in a slightly annoyed voice. "And yes, I'm going to travel to the Azuremyst isles to search for my parents." She continued, opening the locket around her neck and glanced at the picture of her mother and father. "I see." Brother Kristoff said frankly. "With all that has happened lately I haven't gotten the time to do it earlier." The draenei said with a sigh while placing her staff on her back and fastening the strap across her torso slightly before getting up on her horse. "Aren't you going to pack anything more?" Brother Kristoff asked nodding at the satchel on the horse. "I like to travel light." Lilandris answered. "And why have you chosen to leave during the night and not in the morning?" Brother Kristoff continued. "Because I look pretty in the moonlight" Lilandris answered in the same calm voice. "Why of course you do" Brother Kristoff said with a laugh, Lilandris cut Brother Kristoff's laughter short by lifting the hood with her finger and glaring at him, she obviously didn't expect him to laugh at her half-joke. "What's your route then?" Brother Kristoff asked. "With the Deeprun tram being under repair after that malfunction last week I guess I'm taking the scenic route, round through Blackrock mountain and through Searing Gorge, I have gotten it arranged for me to pass through the gate so I don't have to travel through the Badlands too, then I'm going to make my way to Menethil Harbor and i have arranged for a ship to take me from there to Azuremyst." Lilandris said. "Oh I see, I wish you luck on your journey then, may the light be with you." Brother Kristoff said with a smile before nodding his head back down to continue reading. "Yes... you too Brother Kristoff." Lilandris said, focusing on the faint sound of a late night choir practice rather than on Brother Kristoff.

The sound of hooves hitting stone sounded into the silence of the Wetlands, it was quite early in the morning, Menethil harbor was visible in the horizon. Lilandris yawned and took a few deep breaths, the air was humid yet chilly. Lilandris arrived at Menethil harbor not long after, she went to the stables to keep her steed stabled while she was away. "Keep him fed and warm. I don't know when i'll be coming back." Lilandris said to the stable boy before making her way to the docks. There was a man sitting on a small stool, fishing on the docks, he had a long black coat and a strange hat on his head, the markings on his coat indicated that he was a captain. "Are you the captain of the 'Ayadonis'?" Lilandris asked the man. The man looked up at Lilandris and nodded "I reckon you are Priestess Lilandris?" The man asked, eyeing Lilandris up and down. "Yes I am." Lilandris answered. The captain quickly got up and bowed down. "It's not often i find myself in such fine company, I'm Captain Cervas Hidalgo, and the guy over there is First Mate O'Raggard" Captain Hidalgo said gesturing to a dwarf talking to a merchant on the docks a few paces away. "She's over there, you can go make yourself comfortable, we sail with the tide." Captain Hidalgo said pointing at the ship a bit further down the docks.

I'll write more later, i'm kinda tired now.
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 02 Mar 2008, 04:14

The boat rocked gently in the waves of the great sea, the drinks were flowing and music was playing in the mess of the Ayadonis, Lilandris and Captain Hidalgo sat in a corner chating. "It is good to have you aboard Priestess Lilandris, it boosts the morale of the crew." Captain Hidalgo said. Lilandris smiled at the captain and took a sip of her ale. "I hope you don't mind me smoking Captain?" Lilandris said while lighting her pipe. "Oh not at all." Captain Hidalgo answered. One of the crewmembers was waving in a large gesture in an attempt to gain Lilandris' attention, before letting lose a sharp whistle at her. "Excuse me captain." Lilandris said before getting up and walking towards the crewman. Lilandris chanted something and the crewman was lifted off the floor by shackles of pure light. "If you ever do that again, I will hit you upside the head with my hammer." Lilandris said before releasing the man from her spell, making him drop to the floor. The rest of the crewmembers present backed away slightly as Lilandris walked back to Captain Hidalgo's table. "Now where were we?" Lilandris said in her normal voice. Captain Hidalgo gave the crewman a slight glare before turning his head back towards Lilandris. The two kept talking for a few hours before Lilandris retired to her quarters.

The following morning the boat was woken up by a loud shout from the lookout; "Pirates! Starboard side!" All of the crew scrambled up on the deck, Lilandris got dressed and readied her hammer and staff before proceeding up on deck. "It seems they are going straight for boarding, they must want to plunder us." First mate O'Raggard said to Captain Hidalgo and Lilandris. "Ok men, prepare to fight!" Captain Hidalgo shouted to the crew "I hope you are a good fighter Priestess Lilandris, these are Bloodsail Buccaneers, one of the toughest pirates around." Captain Hidalgo said pointing at the flag of the pirate vessel. "Oh I can take care of myself." Lilandris said in a calm voice. The pirate ship made contact with the Ayadonis not long after and the fighting commenced, the sound of clanging steel and guns and rifles being fired filled the air. "You might want to cover your eyes." Lilandris said to Captain Hidalgo. Lilandris floated in mid air, blinding light emitting from her while she smote several swashbucklers and buccaneers coming at her, swords were lunged at her and bullets fired, nothing breaking through the light that shielded her, the attackers crumbling to the ground in pain. "This is what happens to those who do evil! you shall burn in righteous fire!" Lilandris shouted at the enemies, chanting spells repeatedly. Her feet touched the deck again, a larger bulkier man made his way towards Lilandris, obviously the captain of the enemy vessel. He grunted at her before striking his cutlass at her following through with an attack with the knife he held in his other hand. Lilandris parried the longsword with her staff and dodging the knife before taking a step backwards and sending a spell in his direction. He stumbled to the ground slightly quickly getting up and sprinting towards Lilandris and knocking her down and lunging the cutlass at her giving her a nasty cut on her upper left arm. She stared him in the eyes, making him freeze in fear. She got up and chanted a spell, knocking him backwards several feet. Lilandris walked towards him in a quick pace, the man lunged at her again, she dodged and lunged her hammer upwards at his head shattering the mans jaw. The man stumbled backwards and fell overboard, a shark ripping him apart in the bloody waters. The sharp sound of a whistle filled the air before all of the pirates retreated back to their vessel knocking away the boarding planks to prevent anyone from following them. "That was quite a sortie." Captain Hidalgo said, holding his left hand to a wound. Lilandris chanted a simple healing spell, the nasty cut on her arm closing quickly. "Indeed it was." Lilandris said back to him. "I'll start to heal any wounded of the crew." Lilandris said, healing the captains wounds before wandering off into the crowd.

More will come in the future.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 16 Mar 2008, 00:41

Hmm, it might be a while before I finish this story, gonna do some field investigation and so on... So be patient those of you who are waiting for the end. :)
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Return to The Shady Rest Inn