Warcraft Books and Novels

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 20 Oct 2010, 14:34

Currently catching up myself. Reading Night of the Dragon at the moment.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Puffitt » 20 Oct 2010, 18:44

Hey cool. I myself have just started reading, Day of the Dragon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft:_Day_of_the_Dragon

This was labelled as book number one so I thought it would be the best place to start. I actually bought the digital copy so I can read it on my iPhone. I wont be buying all of them like that as they can be a bit expensive.

I have not gotten far yet but am really enjoying it. I find it doubly interesting and quite relevant as the story features Rhonin /bow and he is tackled with sorting out Deathwing! So nice to give a little background weight to the upcoming expansion.
Puffitt
Cheese master.

Topic/Postby Zeneth » 21 Oct 2010, 17:00

I Blood and Honour the short story by chris Metzen? because that was a seriously emotional read that I recoment to everyone!
Zeneth
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 21 Oct 2010, 18:28

Yeah that one. Was just awesome.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 03 Dec 2011, 17:01

Right the new Well Of Eternity instance has me wanting to brush up on relevant lore. Obviously War of the Ancients applies, what about Stormrage. Is that related at all or is it unconnected to the Dragon Soul/legion stuff?
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 06 Dec 2011, 23:21

As I'm way behind on the novels, I unfortunately have no idea. Day of the Dragon and Night of the Dragon might be worth reading through as well though.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Shevron » 18 Oct 2012, 11:56

Added 3 more books to the original post:
  • Wolfheart - Knaak
  • Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects - Golden
  • Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War - Golden
Thrall went completely under my radar, and I just discovered its existence by accident, so I have no idea if it should come before, or after Wolfheart chronologically as events go. If you figure that one out, and my order is wrong, please let me know.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 18 Oct 2012, 14:41

It is Wolfheart, then Thrall.

There are also a load of short stories I found out about recently, available on the us site: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/

Edit: Also, it's Jaina ;)
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Shevron » 18 Oct 2012, 16:36

Yeah I know it's Jaina. I copy pasted off the site and didn't bother check for spelling.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 23 Aug 2013, 16:10

Is it just me or there's no book about the 1st war? I've read Rise of the Horde and I'm currently starting on Tides of Darkness. It seems I'm missing quite a lot in between these two books.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

PreviousNext

Return to The Shady Rest Inn