Dawnie & DeeDee explained

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Dawnblade » 20 Dec 2010, 18:13

Dawnie & DeeDee explained

The last guests had left the pub and a quiet calm settled in the blue recluse as the Rhymers cleaned up the floor and the tables and counted up the nights profits.
As they chatted of things near and far the question came up about Dawnie and DeeDee.

Dawnie looked surprised.
“I thought everyone knew” she said and shrugged before continuing “It’s not that complicated really. DeeDee is a copy of me.”
DeeDee came rushing in from the kitchen.
“I am NOT a copy!” she yelled.
Dawnie rolled her eyes.
“Allright allright” she said and held up her hands in an apologizing gesture. “You’re not a copy. But in the beginning there was just me.”
DeeDee looked sternly at Dawnie.
“And me…” DeeDee said and tapped her foot angrily.
Dawnie smiled at DeeDee
“Well, yes… “ she mumbled “and you.”
The newer Rhymers that hadn’t heard the story before looked hopelessly confused. DeeDee smiled at them and pulled out a chair.

“It was a bit weird to us too first, I’ll explain though.” She said as she sat down. “You see, we used to be one person.”
A few Rhymers pulled up chairs around DeeDee and she began to tell the story.

It all began a couple of years ago. I was joining in on a battle fighting the evil forces of the Lich King. Things were going alright but I was a little careless and before I knew it I was rather roughly pierced on a lance.
Let me tell you… that hurt.

It was a mortal wound and my lights went out right there on the battlefield, so what happened immediately after that is not something I remember myself, but something that I’ve been told.
My body was quickly taken to the priests and they started to raise me.
It wasn’t easy though. They told Dawnie afterwards that it was as if someone was working against their efforts. They didn’t want to loose me though so they combined their spiritual strength, all of them working together and suddenly there was like a BANG! and a sharp light and the priests were knocked on their bottoms.
When Dawnie woke up they were all standing around her looking at her and when she opened her eyes the priests looked at their leader and asked
“Did we get her? Did she make it?”
The high priest peered at Dawnie and mumbled “I’m not sure…”

Dawnie thought it was way weird and went something like: “Duh.. hello? I’m like, right here!” or something… And then she rested a bit before heading back home.
She got the easy ride, let me tell you…
Cause this is where “split” occurred.

Apparently the Lich King had noticed Dawnie on the battlefield and when she fell he ordered his dark clergy to raise her spirit as a Deathknight.
So, this was the resistance that the priests felt when they tried to raise her… Two powerful forces engaged in a tug-of-war over our soul.
Both sides were somewhat successful in their efforts because both sides raised us, but what the high priest saw was a ruptured soul. It was torn in half, even.
I know... I didn’t think a soul could be torn either, but hey… Here we are.

I didn’t wake up in a cosy chapel though, but was forced to yield under the Lich King and his tyrannical will.
Worst time ever!
I don’t remember much of it, luckily enough. Maybe it’s because of the mind control, maybe I just don’t want to remember. I broke free though and regained control of my mind again, praise Elune. I then escaped and returned home.

As you can probably imagine there was a bit of confusion when we both turned up at a meeting with the Outriders, (A now disbanded military unit that we belonged to back then). We both thought that the other one was some kind of imposter and we ended up fighting each other, both trying to kill the other one. Of course, we were very evenly matched though. We fought for a while and then one of us did a very special move. It was a move that our matron Mother had thought us when we were just a child. Something she had only showed us and that we hadn’t ever showed someone else. It was a … ahm.. special orphanage, that we grew up on… Let’s not go into that.
It made us realize though that we weren’t imposters, either one of us.
We were the same, only in two bodies.

It was quite weird actually, but in time we got used to it. Not everyone else did though, and when we meet new people we usually just say that we’re twins. It’s not accurate, but it’s easier for people to understand.

DeeDee smiled at looked over at Dawnie.
“That’s about it, isn’t it Dawnie? Did I leave something out?”
Dawnie shook her head, but then she grinned.
“Well…” she said “You didn’t say anything about how our boyfriend reacted when there was two of us all of a sudden.”
“Dawnie!” DeeDee exclaimed, blushing furiously. “That’s a BIT personal, don’t you think?”
Dawnie laughed and began drying the dishes.
Dawnblade
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 20 Dec 2010, 18:33

Teehee ^^

I've heard the story before, but I still like it. And now all the newcomers can learn it too :Q
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Dawnblade » 20 Dec 2010, 20:01

*cuddles Lil* :)
Dawnie - Dawnblade
DeeDee - Deathknight Dawnblade

Alts including, but not limited to:
Softfur, Mellifera, Kurenai, Shalla, Morrowlight, Kitten, Moontooth, Belorei, Alleycat
Dawnblade
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Finna » 21 Dec 2010, 13:12

Great story! I heard some of it already, both in the Outriders and on, but never heard the entire story. Nice to know :)

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Gailia » 21 Dec 2010, 17:10

i hear mention of this 'special' orphanage again .... your a third (or is it fourth?) person I've met thats mentioned it ..... hmm.

neat story! it has lots of character ;)
You are the Chosen One! Now go and kill for me six dire Wolves!
Gailia
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 21 Dec 2010, 18:55

Ha, so finally I know what happened!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Dawnblade » 21 Dec 2010, 21:59

The part where they both came to an Outriders meeting actually happened in game.
It was much confusion and loads of fun. :)

*hugs*
//Dawnie & DeeDee
Dawnie - Dawnblade

Softfur, Mellifera, Kurenai, Shalla, Morrowlight, Kitten, Moontooth, Belorei, Alleycat
Dawnblade
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Syrah » 21 Dec 2010, 22:01

awww, ain't they cute?
I have no particular talent... but I'm fun to be around :cherwina:
Syrah
Wiggles

Topic/Postby Finna » 22 Dec 2010, 08:32

Yes! I was there :D
Was great fun indeed. Outside the Outriders' headquarters, wasn't that where other DK's came in and we decided wether or not we wanted DK's in the guild? Great discussion went on that day IC :) but yes, great fun.

And your avatar is really great like this! Well done!

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Dawnblade » 22 Dec 2010, 16:22

Indeed Finna!
Several outriders Had trust issues with us Deathknights, as many did back then. The main consern was if we were really free of the lich's control or not.
I can see some similarities with the distrust some feel about the worgen today.
*hugs*
//DeeDee
Dawnie - Dawnblade

Dawnblade
Rhymer

Return to The Shady Rest Inn