Sigmard Silverwind: Rough Night Out

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Sigmard » 09 Jan 2012, 03:14

Sigmard Silverwind: Rough Night Out

Some RP occured after the Bar event which concerned Siggy, and I felt inspired to write about it, in my semi-tired state. Contains a LOT of backstory, but if you're interested, you can ask him in game. Anyhow, enjoy or not, that's up to you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tap tap tap tap tap.

His hand knocked against the wood, as rain spattered off the door, his clothes and his old hat. After all he had been through tonight, the emotions, the talks and certainly the alcohol, he just needed a place to lie down. Somewhere he knew he would not be disturbed. For some reason that even he didn't understand, he came here. He waited for a minute, then another. Then the rain started to get heavy, the sides of his hat started drooping down from the intensity of the falling water.

Tap tap tap tap tap.

He could see a light slowly appear in the window next to the door. After a moment, the door creaked open. Cautiously, a face peered around the door, with an expression he never thought he'd see. A bleary-eyed Draenei. Even if their eyes did glow, they could still look tired.

"Mr Silverwind? Siggy?" the white skinned Draenei asked sleepily.
"I'm sorry ta disturb you so late in tha night, Delandra. But I couldn't think of anywhere else to go. I don't want to try an inn this late... I'd probably only end up gettin' robbed."
"It's the middle of the night..." she uttered, wiping a hand over her eye, trying to shake the sleep from her. "I don't even know what time it is."

The bell at the cathedral rang once. Just once.

"One in the morning. Sorry, I though' it were late. Turns out it's just too early. I just need a place to sleep fer one night." he calmly stated, but he couldn't hide just how tired his voice started to sound. She smiled and opened the door some more.
"Come in. I'm afraid you'll have to sleep on the floor. Also, please be quiet."
"I know, I know..." he finished for her, as he tipped his hat in thanks and made his way inside.
He looked around at the main room of the house. It was a large room in a small house, occupying almost all of the ground floor but it was very nice. It had a cooking stove in the far left cornor, and a fireplace in the right hand side of the wall. Stairs leading up just to his left, with a door underneath them, and a table in the center of the room surrounded by four chairs. There was a window by the bottom of the stairs, next to the door he had just come in through, and a door opposite on the right hand side.
"I'll get you a blanket." she whispered as she laid down the candle on the table.
"You don't have ta..." he tried to reason, but she already had a blanket in her hand. He sighed, but smiled. "Thanks. I'll jus' lay infront of the fire, I'll be fine with this."
"You sure you don't need something to lie on?"
"I've got my cloak. The ol' bear rug is comfy enough."
"It's wet!" she exclaimed as quietly as she could. He smiled at her, noting that even when protesting, she was always polite.
"The outside is, but the inside is jus' fine. I'll give it a shake."
"There's a sink in the bathroom, shake it out in there." He smirked a little to himself. This house was quite small and yet it was fancy enough to have a bath, toilet and sink with running water, hot and cold. Well, it was the Cathedral District. "Why are you here, Siggy? Where's Draenth?"
He looked at her and she could see the pain in his eyes. He could hear Draenth's voice echo in his mind...

'I think we should be apart for a while... and maybe a bit longer'.

'You should find yourself a nice girl, a living g-girl.'

'I don't want to see you get hurt... you need to hide yourself'

Reason after reason, they all played in his mind, his eyes lost focus for a moment. Then he looked at Delandra again.

"We've just had another fight. Not the first, probably not the last." He wasn't so sure, but he really didn't want to talk about it right now.
"I see. Maybe we can talk about it in the morning then."
"Maybe."

He shook his cloak out and hung his hat up on the end of a chair. Delandra wished him a good night and headed back up the stairs, as he laid out his cloak upon the floor, and took off his vest and boots. He placed himself down on the cloak, and pulled the blanket around himself. He smiled at the warmth of the blanket, noticing the size of it. Even tucked around him, he had loads of cloth spare. The perks of having Draenei friends.

The gentle crackle of the fire close to him, emitting a soft, flickering light, he closed his eyes and hoped to drift off to a dreamless sleep. But his mind was still abuzz with activity, so for a long while, he tried to think of nothing.

Tap tap... tap... tap.. tap tap tap....

'Great. Mice.' he thought to himself. There were plenty of mice running around on the farm, back in Westfall. Back when he was a child. Of course, he was usually in a bed and they were on the floor. They could easily of climbed onto his bed, but they never did. Why go poke a predator when your food is easily claimed away from it? Still, the slightest noise sounded as loud as the cathedral bell to him right now.

Tap... t-tap... tap... tap tap tap tap tap... tap...

His nostrils flared, snorting out air, annoyed with the disturbance. 'Just go away' he thought. 'Take your food and go. Leave me be'.

Moments later, he felt the slightest touch on the back of his neck. With lightning reflexes, he flipped around and slammed his hand down upon the floor, his eyes focused upon the target. BLAM. But nothing. Nothing was on the ground. Then he looked up.

He looked into the eyes of a small human girl, pale skin, stick thin with sleek blonde hair. She was crouched down next to him, her curious blue eyes looking into his.
"Alice." he softly murmured. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, as he hugged her back. This girl was nothing more then a serving girl on a ship, working for a cruel tyrant of a woman who had, to his knowledge, killed her parents and made her a slave. Not just a slave, but a voiceless one too. When she cried once too often, her voice was taken from her by horrific means. But the Tyrant made enemies with Sigmard, and it wasn't long before he killed her. But that left Alice all alone, so Siggy took her with him. Yet Draenth's dark talents scared Alice, and so he was forced to find Alice a new home. He was happy he managed to find one for her with a good friend.

"Alice, I thought you were a mouse." he chuckled softly. "You should be in bed sweetie." She looked up at him and as he gazed back, he knew she could sense how pained he felt. She wriggled herself under the blanket and threw her arms around his neck. He lay back down, too tired to argue.
"You're as stubborn as Draenth sometimes..." he muttered wearily, but he was thankful for the company, as he closed his eyes and the dreamless sleep finally fell upon them both.
Sigmard
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 24 Jan 2012, 19:33

I like this story, makes it clear that Sigmard is more serious than meets the eye :)
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Return to The Shady Rest Inn