The last night

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Balelor » 05 Apr 2008, 21:52

The last night

Bale stared out over the city from the roof of his house.
He sighed and scratched his chin.

Recently, everyone he held dear had been busy.
Shalynda had been busy with her Fiance.. so she had not been able to talk with him for along time.
The rest of the rhymers.. Well, he never simply saw them at the boxes, he just assumed they were out fighting somwhere in the Universe.

But the worst part was, that he had not been able to meet his wife for.. along time, and he missed her like hell.
Bale was not the kind of a person that cried easily, However this.. loneliness has not done miracles to his already damaged mind.

A tear rolled down his cheek, and he wiped it away with his finger.
He sobbed, and looked down to the ground.
"Maybe tomorrow..." he mumbled.
"Tomorrow ill meet her.."
But in the back of his head he heard that oh so familiar voice, that's been there since he first blacked out in Duskwood.
"Don't even try to fool yourself... Just finish it, Jump down this roof and end the pain.. it's not worth it Bal?lor.. Die, and become reborn..."

Bale shook his head, and tried to get the voice to disappear, but it was still there.. as always.
"You know that i am right... You should just end the suffering.. She obviously is meeting someone else behind your back.." The voice said, and he could hear by the cadence of his voice, that the voice was.. gloating.

"Just do it.. Jump" Someone said behind him, and bale looked over his shoulder.
"You have been brave enough Bal?lor abbadon.. it's time for you to die.. and be Reborn! In the master's name.." The shadow said.
"No... I-I won't become a slave..." Bale stuttered, and sobbed as he tried to wipe away his tears.

"The King will not make you into a Mindless slave.. like the most of his servants.. he will make you into what you truly most want... The opposite of a paladin..."
Bal?lor peered at the shadow, and mumbled something under his breath.
"Yesss.... it's all their fault.. the paladins.. Letting you grow up like a normal person... only to realise that your defect.. Not really human... A tainted Soul...if you have a soul that is.. Demons don't have.." The Shadow grinned, or Bal?lor assumed it did.

"Leave me alone.." he mumbled, and wiped away yet another tear.
"I will not kill myself... I still trust them.." he mumbled.
He looked over his shoulder again, and the shadow was gone..
This time.. until the next time...
Balelor

Return to The Shady Rest Inn