Tales of a Dreamer

It's happy hour, the alcohol is flowing. It's time to pull up a tankard of ale, bottle of wine for the ladies and regail tales of heroism and grandeur.

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 16 Oct 2012, 13:39

Tales of a Dreamer

Reposting of Cherwina's story as I no longer have it hosted anywhere

The light was fading fast, the sun falling over a vast expanse of ocean, the waves lapping against the shore and reflecting the last few rays in a dazzling spectacle of light. The ocean crept in all around the small beach, tucked away on the southern shore of what had become known as the Dread Isles. Alone on this beach, leaning against an outcrop of rock was the tall, lithe figure of a Night Elf.

She was dressed in a fine white and black dress. Her long dark blue hair flowed over her shoulders and down her back, a faint glow radiating from the silver leaves entwined within. One hand rested gently on the rock, the other held a wooden stave, shaped like the head of a dragon, planted firmly in the sand. Her name is Cherwina Dawnstrider.

She had not fought during the War of the Ancients, but she was alive and present at the time and has much to say on the topic. She has fought alongside her fellow druids in the War of the Shifting Sands, and again, she will happily tell any who ask her the tales of that war. However, it is not the wars of the physical world that trouble her.

2 Years ago, while working for the Cenarion Circle in Feralas, she had a series of dreams that disturbed her. For in each dream, hovering just over the horizon was a shadow that put fear into her heart whenever she saw it. Had these just been ordinary dreams, she may not have cared, but these where specific places, specific people, all of which she recognised as the members of Ysera's dragonflight and their home, the Emerald Dream.

She reported her concerns to Fandral Staghelm, who was leading in the absense of Malfurion but he ignored her reports. Concerned at what the dreams may mean, Cherwina set out to search all of Azeroth for information about the Dream and the shadow within it.

Notes:
This was written as Cherwina's background after I first did Sunken Temple. At this time, there's unfortunately no more to this. This is just her reasons for travelling Azeroth.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 16 Oct 2012, 14:00

A Dark Past

“I possess a secret that none shall know... Something that shapes me more than either the Dream or the Sundering.”

Around 13,000 years ago, in the secret city of Eldre’thalas, I was born to a priestess named Caldaris Duskstrider. I would never find out who my father was. All I know is that he fled at my birth to keep the relationship with my mother a secret. I asked my mother why, but she would never say.

As I grew older, the question nagged at me until I found my way into the ruins of Eldre'thalas. Despite it's new occupants, little had changed about the place since I was born. I found our old house as it was when we left. Searching what little remained I found, wedged between the floor boards under my mother's old bed, a letter. What was written in that letter I have had to keep a secret ever since. Until now...

My father was a member of what we now call, the Shen'dralar, the guardians of the secrets of Eldre'thalas... A Highborne. He fled because he knew what was happening at the palace, and hoped that by fleeing, my mother and I would be left in peace.

Now, however, I am troubled by another problem. As the Blood Elves gain power, I feel more and more drained. I struggle to maintain the balance a druid should and it's effects on me are becoming more noticable with each passing day. This morning I caught myself licking my own arm. I wonder whether I suffer the same addiction as the Quel'dorei, or if it's just my own age finally getting the better of me. Whichever it is, I must fight on, for the memory of my family and people, if nothing else.

Notes:
Written towards the later part of TBC, though it was only during Wrath that I started involving more of the animal instincts in my RP as Cher.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Return to The Shady Rest Inn