Beyond Redemption

What it says in the title. Slow learner aren't you?

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 28 Feb 2008, 19:17

Beyond Redemption

It was all getting too much. Rinu huddled in a chair in her home in Duskwood. The noise of her ancestors banging upon the walls and windows (which she had boarded up) was like a thunderstorm. She was convinced now it was her senses lying to her. It seemed her condition was causing her to react to the Dark Magics that saturated Duskwood and Deadwind Pass. She had disturbing visions of many things now, not just Karazahn. Whether they were truth of madness she could not tell.

She could not continue her research like this however, nor could she report to the Aldor under the influence of this new frailty. She held out a Soul Shard before her. She had collected many in her time as a demonologist. She had burnt them up in strange rituals and fed them to demons. She had played twisted little games to make them "scream". What she was about to do was new however.

Focusing upon the soul within the shard she drew it out as she had done many times. But instead of forcing it into some form to create a spell as normal she drew it in. It was a strange feeling. She could sense the souls conciousness, this one a basilisk that had sort to make a meal of her, being snuffed out as the soul was broken down into energy and siphoned into her own decaying soul.

All at once it hit her. All her sense flared at once and with a cry she convulsed, falling from her chair. She didn't know how long she lay there taking in this new feeling. Enjoying the silence that had returned. She felt like some sort of god. She knew it wasn't real, that it wouldn't last and that when it faded her soul would begin to decay once more, forcing her to do this again.

Pulling herself up she began to laugh maniacly. It wouldn't last but it felt so good...
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 06 Mar 2008, 22:59

Rinu placed the orb in a large metal box and then began to fasten a complex array of chains and padlocks over it. Volnip stood beside it looking at her quizically.

"Don't you need that mistress?" He said ducking to avoid a chain that Rinu "accidently" swung at his head.
"Not for the time being." She said.
"But you can't control Haathun without it. Won't he brake free again?"
"Only if I summon him."
"And you're... not doing that?"
"Nope."
"Why?" Rinu backhanded the imp knocking it off the desk.
"That's too many questions." She said placing the box under the floorboards. "But if it shuts you up, summoning Haathun takes alot of effort. That effort could be put into other things."
"R-r-really? Like what?" the imp instantly leaped into a defensive position. This he didn't see the ritual knife Rinu hurled at him.
"Now that I've managed to control my corruption I've figured out how to channel it into others."

Volnip stop trying to pick up his leg and looked at Rinu with genuine confusion.
"What good will that do?"
"Idiot!" Rinu lashed out catching Volnip's horn and driving his face into the ground. "I was getting to that. I've become attuned to the energies that corrupt me. Not in any small way thanks to my new habits." She paused and grinned, fingering her soul pouch. "It's considerably more harmful to others.

Rinu looked up and seemed to listen. "Those kids from darkshire are tresspassing on my property again. Come on I'll show you what I mean. I'm short on souls anyway and the thirst is coming back."
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Return to The Saga of House Giroval and The Grim tale of Rinu Fizzlespark.