The Chronicles of Rinu Fizzlespark

What it says in the title. Slow learner aren't you?

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 15 Jan 2008, 21:29

The Chronicles of Rinu Fizzlespark

Here it is "series 2". This is basically a diary of any noteworthy events that occur in Rinu's life (and mostly in game) from where the last storyline left off. I'll be posting here regularly hopefully. This won't just be things I made up. Anything I feel Rinu would write about will end up here. So you get her opinions on all the instances she visits.

Worryingly this book appears to be written in Eredun. You've no idea how or why a gnome would write a journal in this language.

Day 1

Well Haathun appears to have filled my old diary with bizarre runes that made my head spin. I'm sure this was a precautionary measure in case I broke free but I'm smarter than him so I burnt the book. I have this one now. Getting the leather was a pain but Night elf skin gives it a rather lovely finish I must say. Best thing is nobody will ever recognise the leather.

It's been quite a day I must say. Though still tired from my recent tribulations and certainly not looking at all well (in fact I look like death though I don't feel that way) I headed back through the Portal to Hellfire. After a few hours of getting ordered around by Dwarfs and humans, I finally was released to exact my wrath upon the legion... and those thrice damned orcs got in my way.

They're interesting however. They're red not green like normal orcs and mutation seems rife amongst them. I guess it could not hurt to investigate further. The legion isn't going anywhere.

Day 2

Enough bloody orcs, I finally got to grips with the legion. Though I struck a truly mighty blow I discovered something which gave me pause. They have engineers. Highly skilled ones at that. Their transporters are strang things indeed but that was not what caught my atention.

I had heard much of the much feared Fel Reavers but there was one thing nobody ever mentioned. They are machines! Collosal and majestic unions of science and fel magic. I only I could get hold of the blueprints. Though in my awe I nearly got too close. I doubt due to it's size it could have seen me but those enourmous feet would be beyond my ability to dodge.

In the end I returned to Azeroth. But with good reason. I am to tame a better steed. One of the so called "Dreadsteeds of Xoroth". The task is indeed a tiresome one, but I had a treat indeed. I visited a place in the plaguelands known as The Scholomance. It's a school for Necromancers. Imagine it, people open-minded enough to actually teach the Dark Arts. Sadly they were not all that open-minded. The fools attacked me on sight despite my displays of Fel Magic. They seem to have forgotten their arts were first developed by Orcish warlocks. Ah well I'll kill them... As many times as I need to.

I collected a great many tomes but I think I shall have to return for more. They make the most interesting bedtime reading even if it is over embelished morbidity. Even though demons aren't all flowers and perfume (well except Nazola) they at least smell better than corpses (well Thoolum ate his fill and does smell as bad as corpses now).

Day 3

I have done it! I have tamed a dreadsteed. Such a wonderful mount. It seems a pity to have to return to my strider view of the general masses. I shall have to build a faster one... with a comfier seat.

Now, I've found new ways to torture Volnip. Mainly involving feeding him unusual things. Have you ever seen an imp vomit until it reaches the point where it would normally die and instead loses corporeal form? It's hilarious. I heartily recommend it. Just feed them the brains of an Un'goro ape soaked in their own blood mixed with ravager bile. Odd ingredients I know but it really works.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 16 Jan 2008, 01:22

Two updates in one day! :eek: Just one pointer, Rinu will sometime write about here dealings with other guildies. Don't expect your characters to be portrayed fairly in this diary. As a defense mechanism Rinu's mind alters any conversation that upsets her so that she can cope with it. I doubt any of you would complain but just for the benefit f those who weren't there, Rinu's recollection isn't always what really happened. Anyway, on with the show.

Day 5

After a day of rest I returned to Hellfire ready to look further into the Fel Orc menace. I made an attack on one of their bases and slew one of their leaders. That's when things got interesting. A giant floating eye appeared before me and threatened me for toying with it's "playthings". I think perhaps I shall have to pay a visit to Hellfire Citadel.

And once again it was demonstrated to me that even my own species has been drawn in by Naaru propaganda. The warrior, Bootle, began to spout of how the recovery of Gnomeregan was unimportant and and and....

<The next section is unintelligible. Rinu appears to have torn the page in a few places and there is still the broken end of a writing quill lodged in the page. This carries on for a page or two before Rinu's delicate handwriting returns.>

He also danced around the topic distracting me by claiming to have been an instructor at Dalaran. He knew a few things that back up that he perhaps was present there at some point. Luckily he does not seem to remember me or the reasons behind my exile.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 21 Jan 2008, 00:40

Day 10

Much to think about today. I keep zoning out. But when I do it seems I carry on talking. I remember being recalled to my senses by Bynji telling me I was probably right. I wish I knew what I was right about.

Not only that but I visited the Fel Orcs of Hellfire Citadel today and wreaked havoc upon their ramparts with Bynji and some others. I was rather disappointed that they didn't put up more of a fight really. But that is not what concerns me.

They're commander had upon him a letter.It was covered in the same strange runes I found within my old diary. I decided to show it to Commander Trollbane and that's when things got strange. He seemed to think he could read it. He began claiming that Illidan Stormrage has some operation going on in the Citadel. I would be inclined to think him mad if it weren't for the reocurrance of that odd runic language. Nonetheless I have been sent to a place called blood furnace to explore and collect blood samples. I personally like the sound of both.

Holy magic no longer affects me the same way it did before. It used to induce panic attacks but now it just makes me feel nauseous. When Haathun tried to weaken the Dark Portal's defences I did absorb a large amount of Fel energy. Almost enough to kill me in fact. I fear my body and soul have been tainted severly. It would explain why I always look so ill. I just hope it doesn't get worse.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 24 Jan 2008, 00:47

Day 13

My time in Hellfire Peninsula seems to be drawing to a close. Other than a trip to the Blood Furnace based on Trollbane's strange interpretation of those runes I think I've done all I can here.

I had a few final things to do that I could not do alone. Luckily I managed to secure Bynji's help once more. I honestly feared for my life when she came into view in that goblin technology flying machine. She used explosives as power couplers! No there's no good substitute for traditional Gnomish engineering. And not only was she piloting a death trap, but she was drunk. I had to get out of her way to avoid being hit.

Anyway of note was a task we performed at a place called Fallen Sky Ridge. This was of particular interest to me. A large red crystal had fallen from the sky (those druids aren't very imaginative with names) and was changing the mountain giants there.

There was so much magic. I took a bit of crystal for my own purposes but some Night Elf stuck it in the ground! Bloody perfect that. Anyway in the hope of learning something I agreed to help cleanse the crystal. That's when things got interesting. An Blood Elf named Pathaleon the Calculator appeared before me. We had quite an interesting chat actually. His master, Prince Kael'thas had dropped this crystal from the sky. I do hope Pathaleon makes good on his promise of dropping those things all over Outland. I think it was an empty promise though.

It all left me thinking that this Kael'thas fellow has some pretty good ideas. He's probably a powerful sorceror too. I wonder if he wants an apprentice. A step down for me maybe, but he sounds like a genius. I could learn alot from one such as him. I'll have to keep an eye on his followers.

Yet again I am concerned for my health since the possession. I have drank copius amounts of Alchohol on several occasions and, while the results have not always been to my liking, I've enjoyed it. But having celebratory drink with Bynji went a bit wrong.

After one mouthful of the cheap stuff she'd brought with her I felt ill. A second and I fainted. I would very much like to study the effect the possession had on me but I am loath to experiment on myself. I need a subject who has been tainted in the exact same way as myself... I have several demons at my disposal it shouldn't be too hard to possess something with one.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 29 Jan 2008, 19:30

Day 17

I loath Zangarmarsh with a passion. For starters the place is just plain wierd. Second the druids and Draenei inhabiting the place have me running around trying to save the wild life. Thankfully this seems to involve killing alot of them so I take solace in that. But last but not least is the fungal nature of the place. The air is full of spores that while not bothering most, seem to trigger a mild allergic reaction in me. I'm sick of sneezing.

It's probably best not to contemplate the spray-like stain on this page considering. Or touch it.

A few good points however. I have encountered yet more servants of the Betrayer. The Naga. They seeem to be draining Zangarmarsh of water. Since that would kill of the plant life it would also kill of these blasted spores. I wish them luck in their endeavour.

Last but not leastI appear to have discovered a new kind of plant. The druid I showed it to decided to call it Rinurium in my honour. I gathered all that I could find and have been experimenting with them. Ironically it seems to be highly toxic.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 03 Feb 2008, 17:14

Day 21

At last I have ventured in the so called Blood Furnace. What I saw there has both amazed and disturbed me.

It is indeed the Betrayer who commands the Fel orcs. The amazing thing is that they appear to be holding the Pit Lord Magtheridon there. I saw him with my own eyes. Such an impressive sight. It is worrying though. With the alliance and Horde relentlessly assaulting the Fel Orcs we may end up freeing Magtheridon. That surely could not end well.

What is disturbing is what I saw confirmed everything Trollbane said. Which means that message was written in common.After further research it appears that the corruption I have suffered prevents me from reading languages that are not arcane in some nature. I'm forced to wonder what language I'm writing in now.

This could cause problems. For the most part I am effectively illiterate.

The legion will pay for what they have done to me. I swear it.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 07 Feb 2008, 21:34

Day 24

I was overjoyed to leave Zangarmarsh. After leaving it was not long at all until my sinuses cleared nicely. My joy was not to last long, as I found out where my travels took me next.

Even from the outside I remembered Shattarath well from my brief trips there. It hasn't changed. I can still feel the accursed presence of the Naaru. It's different now though. It's irritates my skin now, almost burns. And now I am to present myself to A'dal!

My enemy! For many months now the paladins have dogged my every step under his command. I saw him again, from afar. Never have I known such terror. He's watching me every moment I spend in his city and he knows all my secrets. I can feel him in my head watching... (Rinu proceeds to ramble on like this for several pages. No real point is made though her handwriting is slightly shaky)
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 13 Feb 2008, 19:46

Day 26

Great! So now I'm being pushed around by a holy order. On the plus side Ishanah seems the sort to actively avoid false promises in the belief they're wrong. I get the feeling she thinks she's humouring me. That said she has enough influence with A'dal his paladins may well leave me alone now. Rather wonderfully the Aldor have set me to work fighting the legion. Since I came to do that anyway I won't complain too much.

Had another meeting with Pathaleon and his cronies today. They tried to kill me rather than listen to what I had to say. So I set off the mana bomb they had in their court yard. I still break into fits of laughter when I remember the expression on their faces upon realising what was about to happen.

I've also been experimenting on the souls I have harvested from the blood elves into possible ways of fixing mine before it wastes away and I turn into a semi-living husk of a gnome. Cheerful thought that huh? That's just a guess though. I don't really know what will happen. Ishanah think's I'll just die. I'm not so optimistic. Turns out that when imbued with more fel magic than they contain the start to breakdown. I found it most fascinating until I remembered this is happening to me.

Now I just need to heal the souls in the shards and I'm saved. I don't think Fel Magic will help here and I don't trust religious types... the arcane might prove more beneficial. I need a mage of all things.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 14 Feb 2008, 01:09

Day 29

It seems A'dal has drawn me into some twisted little game. At first I was pleased at how every Paladin I saw approached openly or took no notice of me. but it seems they dislike having to carry out Ishanah's promise.

I was sitting on the boxes the other rhymers frequent deep in thought on my experiments with souls and pondering whether I could find a mage actually willing to help and not ask too many questions, when I notice a Draenei woman peering at me.

Upon catching my attention she proceeded to shower me with rose petals and go on about a "gift" from the Paladins. No doubt they are looking for Loopholes in my deal with the Aldor. I shall have to be even more wary than ever. If they find out what I'm doing they'll make their move no matter what Ishanah says. They can't be trusted.

This of course, makes appraoching any mage very risky. Damn them!
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 17 Feb 2008, 10:45

Day 31

It seems I have become the talk of Shattrath. Everyone is talking about how the Aldor showed mercy to a warlock now. So fantastic, there goes my cover. Now not only does everybody know I'm a warlock but it means I will be watched all the more closely. I cannot continue my experiments, I must seek out this Archmage Bynji spoke of soon.

Bynji. She has made a fool of me. It seems that Corki, whom she told me was a terrible and feared champion of Nagrand is just a simple buffoon. I met him, he keeps getting captured by ogres. Of course everyone knows now and is laughing at me for it. "Just a friendly joke" Bynji says. Well we'll see how she likes my "friendly joke" shall we. Nobody make a fool of me.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Next

Return to The Saga of House Giroval and The Grim tale of Rinu Fizzlespark.