The Chronicles of Rinu Fizzlespark

What it says in the title. Slow learner aren't you?

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 21 Feb 2008, 00:48

Day 34

My greatest work is now complete. I have my very own flying machine. It was of course constructed using the finest and most closely guarded gnomish techniques and is thus superior in every way to the one Bynji made. Can't wait until she sees it. I may drop something sticky and smelly on her fromk a height. Teach her a lesson after the "Corki incident".

Not only that but myself and a few brave rhymers ventured into the place known as the Shadow Labyrinth. Here we fought the pathetic fools of the Shadow council. In a moment of rest my companions demonstarted a complete inability to understand that Volnip deserves every bad thing that happens to him. For years I suffered at the hands of that devious little wretch and now they show him kindness. Fluff-brained fools all of them.

Speaking of fluff brained fools, the shadow council have demonstrated quite clearly they don't know their limits. They tried to enslave a stange being named Murmur. Needless to say it got the better of them but we dealt with it. A most powerful creature indeed but to even my companions it was clear that such a things could never truly be controlled.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 21 Feb 2008, 22:46

Day 35

Hah! The ogres of Blades Edge mountains have named me their queen. I find this most amusing. Queen Rinu, it has a nice ring to it. IU'd like some smarter sunjects mind. I wonder if I can get them to march to war. It would take some doing. Perhaps if I used my magics and convinced them to worship me too. Rinu Fizzlespark, Dread Goddess of the Ogres. I never thought of myself as a goddess. I definitely need to broach the sunject of religion with them. They're not to smart so it should be easy.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 27 Feb 2008, 01:06

Day 40

Rinu's writing appears to be paticularly shaky in this entry.

I write this from my home in Darkshire. I have returned here to allow easy access to Deadwind pass so that I may study the area around the tower of Karazahn. Things have taken a turn for the worst.

I had taken Bynji up on an offer of combining our separate methods of engineering and my own magics to create a weapon to use upon the legion. As this involves allowing goblin methods to be applied to my work, this goes against everything I was raised to believe. Since my return to Duskwood the spirits of my forebears have hounded me. I can hear them calling hatefully at the window.

It gets worse however. I felt sure that Karazahn could hold the nessarcary knowledge to help heal my soul abd I fear I may have been correct in ways I did not account for. I can feel the tower. Due my position near the edge of the forest the towers shadow falls upon my home. It sits there calling me to some dread purpose. I covered the windows so it could not see me but it's still there. I can feel it's eyeless gaze boring into me...

The next few pages seem to be a mess of scrawled lines, but to the keen observer it is actually many sketches of Karazahn laid over one another. In plaves the words "watching, always watching" and "traitor" can be made out though they do not appear to be Rinu's handwriting.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 05 Mar 2008, 13:49

Dat 46

This entry is actually written in Gnomish for a change.

I have taken the plunge and resorted to soul eating to keep myself going until I found another cure. It's worked remarkably well. For starters I am once more able to read and write in non-magical languages. The rest of this diary appears to be written in Eruden, though how I know that is beyond me. No matter.

I came close to finaly putting and end to that wretch Jason tonight. He managed to distract me with a fake him though. Most annoying, though I guess I get to enjoy killing him twice. So that's a plus.

Bynji is becoming more and more reasonable by the day. She has taken to being as careful and rightly suspicious as I am. I can trust her for now, mainly because I know too much. But then again so does she. Once are plans are through I may have to re-evaluate our little alliance. She mentions harming imps alot. Maybe she's seeing sense but I can't help thinking it's a ploy to win me over. Trust only goes so far and even the trusted have to be watched carefully.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 12 Mar 2008, 01:06

Day 53

I have forgotten this... My new habit seems to be taking it's toll already. As always the sight of the very same fools who comprise the alliance fill me with anger. They still go about ignorant of how they left me to suffer at Volnip's hands. But now... I find myself compelled to anger them. Part of me wants them to move against me.

I sit here now and look upon these feelings as though they are not mine. And thus I believe they are not. Perhaps some lingering remnant of the souls I have consumed wishes to see me undone. If that is so, I must double my efforts to access Medivh's library. I must find a more permanent cure for my condition and now also must exorcise the souls within me.

Why does nothing ever go to plan?
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 21 Mar 2008, 21:55

Day 54

I have met him! The bronze dragonflight sent me through time to the oipening of the Dark portal. It was wonderous to see such a great work as the Dark Portal be created but greater still to meet and speak with Medivh himself. He possessed such power, I could feel it merely standing before him.

Troublingly he warned me of turbulent times ahead. Something I shall take to heart. Nonetheless, I now bear a key to Karazahn. I am so close now...

Day 62

Bynji has betrayed me. Thinking me a danger to the alliance she attacked me and left me for dead. Thankfully she forgot the intracacies of Fel magic and the things I can do with souls. Nevertheless the attempt on my life has weakened me. The Aldor have now nursed me back to full health but the rate at which I must consume souls has increased. She seems to have dissappeared and with her goes my hopes of creating a device to destroy Magtheridon. So I must do it the hard way.

The Fel Orcs cannot contain him forever and his death would be the perfect blow to the legion. Proof that I can bite back. Though I shall need help.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 11 Apr 2008, 01:22

Tucked into the journal after the last entry are a few sheets of paper. The handwriting on these is a careful hand and is written using the Draenei alphabet.

These are the words of Vindicator Hadruum of the Aldor. As the Vindicator allocated the task of monitoring the warlock, Rinu Fizzlespark, I felt I should end the tale told in this journal.

Shortly after Rinu's recent stay with our healers Ishanah felt a strange wariness about letting her go. Thus, despite the High Priestess' promise to her, I was ordered to keep watch over her. Her paranoid nature made her fiendishly hard to keeps tabs on as she was used to taking preventative measures against survaillance as part of her daily routine. More than a few times I almost fell victim to the traps she laid around her home in the Haunted forests of Duskwood.

But after long I achieved success in that she dropped this very tome. After consulting with many scholars I was finally able to unlock the full secrets of the journal. I almost wish I had not. I would gladly destroy this book but as it stands it is the only proof of the devious and malignant nature. As such it must remain to remind us why we have to let this gnome sink further into the ruin wrought for her by the demon Haathun. It also disturbs me that the orbs she used to bind the demon is missing from the place she supposedly hid it in. No doubt her nemisis will return once more to plague her someday. I can only pray that they kill each other.

Needless to say when her soul-eating practices came to light the elders among that Aldor agreed that such a practice could not be allowed by one of our order. So we captured her. I shall not forget the hate and contempt with which she raged at us as we made her paranoid delusions into reality. However thanks to potent magics she will. She no longer remembers our treatment of her, her betrayal at the hands of the one she calls Bynji, her discovery of soul eating or even what is wrong with her.

As I write this I can see her wandering about on the rise, confused by the contemptuous looks of the anchorites. She appears to have gained a new robe that seems vile and repulsive on an instinctive level. Quite where it came from I can't say. My observations show that she no longer possesses the sanity to seek out or create such garments and I'm left with the disturbing feeling that they found her. Also since she has gained them she has taken to listening to sounds nobody else hears.

Perhaps she is no longer a danger. But there is a possibility she now poses an entirely new problem. Only time will tell. I shall now submit this book and report to High Priestess Ishanah. After that it shall most likely be locked away in our vaults. As for myself, though I would prefer to keep watch on Rinu, my assistance is needed among the Shattered Sun offensive. I can only hope my fears are unjustified.

This marks the end of this thread. While Rinu's story is far from over she no longer keeps a journal so the story will continue elsewhere. Is this the new Rinu? Or will she be restored to her old Malignant self? Watch this space.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Previous

Return to The Saga of House Giroval and The Grim tale of Rinu Fizzlespark.