How to Macro, by Vattel

Perhaps you've written a guide on a class or profession you want to share. Maybe you're an expert on mods and addons and want to share a guide you've made. If so, here's the place to do it!

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 01 Feb 2011, 19:27

Macros for rogues:

Well, here is a couple more examples of stuff to do with macros.

Poison macro:

#showtooltip
/use [button:1]Deadly Poison; [button:2]Instant Poison
/use [button:1] 17; [button:2] 16

Left click the macro to apply deadly poison to the offhand (left click = left hand = off hand)
Right click to apply instant poison to the main hand.

Error cancel macro:

Spamming mutilate to build up combo points can get annoying. This will generate visual and sound errors 'not enough energy'. The warnings can be turned off before the ability is used, then enabled after use, like this.

/showtooltip
/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast Mutilate
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Bootle » 12 Feb 2011, 13:50

Here's a nice variation of the above poison macro lint posted. What it does is chooses the type of poison based on the modifier (or lack thereof) and applies it to a slot based on the mouse click.

So [Shift][Right Click] Would apply Deadly to your offhand, and [Ctrl+Shift][Middle Click] Would apply Crippling to your throwing weapon. For example.

#showtooltip
/use [nomodifier]Instant Poison; [mod: shift,mod:ctrl] Crippling Poison; [mod:alt] Wound Poison; [mod:ctrl] Mind-numbing Poison; [mod:shift] Deadly Poison;
/use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17; [button:3] 18;
/click StaticPopup1Button1

That last line makes it so it automatically "okays" the confirmation box, so you don't have to bother with it if there's already a poison applied.
Bootle
The Pint Sized Steamroller

Topic/Postby Erethas » 12 Feb 2011, 13:53

Does anyone know a macro (or most probably an add-on), that lets me copy spells from one spec to the other?

Let me explain. You get to level 30, and hurrah! you get a second spec. You activate it, and you find that you have to fill all your bars from scratch again. Is there a way to automatically copy all the spells from the other spec and then make adjustments, or do I have to write it myself?
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 12 Feb 2011, 14:22

I believe you have to put all the spells out the first time, after that everything stays in place when you respec
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 16 Feb 2011, 21:37

I use the wowhead client. It copies info from my character, pulls down info from the Blizzard armoury and merges the two together to form a wowhead profile. From that I can pull my character's talent build and click the 'use in-game' button to generate a command I copy and paste into WoW. This will instant populate my talent build. This also allows me to 'ninja' builds from other players or design builds offline to use in the game later.

Here is Lin's current paladin prot build:
/run t,p,a={2,13,32,42,53,83,91,102,112,121,132,141,151,161,171,182,193,201,1,3,23,32,53,62,}SetPreviewPrimaryTalentTree(t[1],GetActiveTalentGroup())for i=1,#t do a=t[i]if a<9 then p=a else AddPreviewTalentPoints(p,floor(a/10),a%10)end end
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Previous

Return to Guides.