What to do if you spot ERP? - by Nimblepod

Perhaps you've written a guide on a class or profession you want to share. Maybe you're an expert on mods and addons and want to share a guide you've made. If so, here's the place to do it!

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 27 Jan 2011, 13:16

What to do if you spot ERP? - by Nimblepod

Original link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1622862742

" wrote:Terms of Use; Harassment Policy;

"To ensure your time spent in World of Warcraft is safe and enjoyable, we have broken down what types of language and behavior are inappropriate and the penalties associated with each type of infraction. If the language you wish to use is generally not acceptable in the real world, there is a good chance that it will not be welcomed in the World of Warcraft either."

If a player is found in violation of the Harassment Policy, he/she may:

[list]
[*]Be given a warning[/*:m]
[*]Be temporarily suspended from the game[/*:m]
[*]Be given a Final Warning, any further ToU violations will result in permanent suspension[/*:m][/list:u]

Definition of terms to be used;

ERP = Erotic Roleplay; Role-Play in this definition refers to the typing RP done in video games, chatrooms and forums. ERP is basically RP that is rated X.

ERP is considered Highly Inappropriate by Blizzard, as WoW is a game for players as young as 12 years of age. This is good to keep in mind.

Hello, Moonglade!

Recently, a small report found its way to my desk, stating that a player of our community was under the impression that QBB was an ERP Guild. I would chuckle, if it wasn't such a sincerely uncomfortable accusation!

This player claims to have witnessed one of our newer recruits engage in public ERP, and did thus conclude that all of QBB must be of the same genre.

Well, I can assure you all that we are not. However; though this might've been something that happened in the past, and is old news by now, I still have an itch to discuss What to do When you Encounter ERP In-Game.

Now, I'm sure many Guilds are like QBB, who are and will never be initially prejudiced towards anyone who arrives at our Office Door. Nor do we kick members on a whim; we kick members for a reason, when we do have evidence to suggest they do not belong with us. In our eyes; all people are of good character until proven to be something else.

And I must say..

What disappoints me more than having a member, whom I am publically responsible for, break the policies of, not only the server, but the rules and regulations of QBB -- are persons who judge an entire Guild based on their experience with one member. Now.. If that one member was me; fair enough. Though it was not. *chuckles*

Public ERP is, to put it in an amusing way, the Horror of an Ethical Guild Leader. We can't control and oversee the behavior and interests of our members at all times. We can advice and guide and hope that they respect the policies of the Game, the Server and the Guild -- but it is, in the end, a risky game of trust and proving to be worthy if it.

This is why it is crucial with outside feedback. Like contacting Guilds, giving them a heads up concerning one of their members. It is then up to each Guild Management how they choose to deal with the information given to them.
Being part of a community like Moonglade also "offers" you a certain responsibility concerning the well-being of all its inhabitants. The GM ticket system is one of them. But contacting guilds on your own is just as helpful.

We do our best to scout for amiable members by having thorough application systems, alas.. You cannot know the world about a person from an application, an interview and in-game interaction.

So, Moonglade, I ask this of you!

When you encounter ERP In-Game, you should;
[list=1]
[*]File a GM Ticket and report the player for Public ERP, remember to note the time, so they can check your chatlogs for evidence.[/*:m]
[*]And/or Contact the Guild Leader or an Officer of the Guild the reported player is in, and let them know you have filed a ticket to a GM and why.[/*:m][/list:o]

Thank you for lending me your ears!

Sincere regards,

Moe Nimblepod
Sir Dignitary of Quill and Broken Bottles
Traest wrote:RP is like farting. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sarawr

Topic/Postby zerkesh » 27 Jan 2011, 17:58

Tch... I predict lots of controversy around the post because people fail to see the "public" part of "public ERP"...
NE SXE/F W/P N A/S/L PM ME PLZ IF U R D 1 2 C 4 A BJ KTHX
zerkesh
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Bootle » 27 Jan 2011, 18:27

Not really. Only people who'd disagree with Nimblepod's thread would be those who agree with ERP in general. And I doubt they'd be stupid enough to openly admit to doing so... Also what does the "public" part matter?
Bootle
The Pint Sized Steamroller

Topic/Postby Shevron » 27 Jan 2011, 18:38

I would sign for Nimblepod's argument if it was a petition.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Voca » 27 Jan 2011, 20:29

The guy's spot on. It's against game policy, therefore it shouldn't be happening. If it is happening, get people told and get it dealt with. It looks bad for the people involved, and it looks bad for the guild they're with at the time. Besides, there's plenty of other stuff out there for people to be getting their rocks off on. Don't need to come to a 12+ game to do it.
HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery.

If you are cold, it will warm you.
If you are too heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
NOW SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!
Voca
Exactly 26 Belgiums

Topic/Postby Toot » 27 Jan 2011, 23:03

Dear Guildmaster of RnP: I'd just like to let you know that I saw Falcore, Pepple and Shevron in Elwynn Forest the other day.

... old references aside, this is spot on.
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Shevron » 28 Jan 2011, 08:48

I was pretty sure we were well hidden :(
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Chie » 28 Jan 2011, 10:26

Agreed too. I mean, I know there are really lonely people who would feel an ... eh... urge? after seeing toons with sexy outfits a time too many but it's just not meant to be expressed in this game. If one really can't hold back, either hop by one of the many freebie pron sites or (at least) keep everything in whisper. Yes even emotes, nobody wants to / should even accidentally know. Cheers!
Cerille Harkendell Ignatia Embervalve, Lorekeeper, Conspiracy Theorist, Inventor, Single Gnomette. Call me Chie for short!:musical-note:
Chie
(Chie)

Topic/Postby Syrah » 28 Jan 2011, 11:32

I always say "whatever floats your boat" and who am I to judge about what turns on other people...

Howeeeever! There is absolutely no way of knowing if the person on the other side isn't in fact a minor. This game is after all designed for 12+
I guess a way of finding out would be to start communicating outside the game, but hey at that point you are infact outside of it and none of my concern anyway...

About the whole public thing. In fact most of the places are public, since they are accesible by anyone. Only instances would be excluded from that, which for some reason don't seem that popular with the cyber-community.
I'm not saying sex is a bad thing, but I would reconsider before getting it off in the fountain of your local square.

Also, I'm a virtual virgin and none of you are getting my virtual flower!
Silly banter aside... just no!
I have no particular talent... but I'm fun to be around :cherwina:
Syrah
Wiggles

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 28 Jan 2011, 13:17

Public, as in the public channels, as in the ones everyone sees at any given time. These being /emote, /yell and /say. I hardly doubt he meant the public areas in the game, heck, every single inch of the game world is accessible by everyone!
Traest wrote:RP is like farting. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sarawr

Next

Return to Guides.