Tips & tricks: Firefox

Perhaps you've written a guide on a class or profession you want to share. Maybe you're an expert on mods and addons and want to share a guide you've made. If so, here's the place to do it!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 28 Aug 2015, 20:42

Tips & tricks: Firefox

Hey guys,

Gather round for another small tips and tricks guide for the browser Firefox.

Firefox less RAM usage - an addon I do recommend for cleaning up the size it takes after a while in the RAM is "free memory".
In order to install it, go to tools (click alt before if you don't have the toolbar above the tabs) -> addons -> "get addons" on the side -> type in the search box at the top of the page "Free Memory" then install the addon named "free memory" -> click "options" next to the installed addon and change the timer to 1 or whatever time you wish firefox to clean it's unused ram at.

Firefox faster startup and page load - A small setting that does wonders to the loading of pages and startup of Firefox.
Go to tools -> options -> advanced -> general tab -> remove the checked box beside "use hardware acceleration when available".

For your information:
If you don't wish to install an addon to clear the garbage of Firefox in the RAM you can type "about:memory" in the address bar and it shall open you a page where you can clear the memory manually whenever you want to do it, or whenever your firefox gets too bloated due to long sessions of browsing

The setting to use hardware acceleration SHOULD make the browser faster, but haven't seen it load faster any page. Maybe it's just me, but i don't see any benefits out of that option yet.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Return to Guides.