Mage Tower Artifact challenges

Perhaps you've written a guide on a class or profession you want to share. Maybe you're an expert on mods and addons and want to share a guide you've made. If so, here's the place to do it!

Topic/Postby Juste » 30 Jan 2018, 00:20

Mage Tower Artifact challenges

So the dreaded mage tower challenges

If you don't know what this is it's an additional solo class spec challenge fight for each spec that you can partake in and if you manage to complete it you unlock the final transmog appearance for your artifact weapon. These appearances are usually pretty cool and unique. Especially some of them.

Important part:

After the end of Legion expansion and the launch of BfA, these challenges will be removed from the game and the transmog rewards become unobtainable! This has been confirmed by devs. Much like another skill challenges in other expansions. (All artifact mogs will become normal transmogs)

Another important info:

With the current gear in the game these challenge fights are MUCH easier! than they were couple patches ago with the higher gear since they were balanced to the gear in that patch. Note that they still are pretty much no cakewalk. You will have to study the fight to understand the mechanics and you will have to output ok dps or healing depending of your role. Tank ones tends to be the hardest.

The crappy part is that some of the fights sort of tend to require some legendaries or that the certain legendary makes the fight much easier but this can be counteracted with high ilvl.

The transmog reward depends of your artifact and some of them are really unique such as the Guardian druid reward that actually gives you the furbolg style bear form. That means that your guardian druid will have actual unique form that many druids might not possess when moving to The Battle for Azeroth with no way to obtain it any more. So it will be some major coolness points. Cat druids also get unique cat form. Other things worth mentioning are the Protection Paladin and Warrior weapons which are both Flails! which are very unique in the game.

I managed to complete the Protection Paladin challenge which was considered very hard but with the high gear and right legendaries it became much easier. I can give some pointers for that fight. There are lots of guides about the fights if you decide to seek out these challenges.

Here are all the Mage Tower artifact appearances:
http://www.wowhead.com/challenging-arti ... ppearances

Here are spesific guides for each spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=264323/mage ... -all-specs
Last edited by Juste on 30 Jan 2018, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Stand your ground, child, keep your senses. The pain is fleeting, but victory is forever.
Juste

Topic/Postby Toot » 30 Jan 2018, 08:34

Maybe I should try these again. I tried the Healer Monk one, got owned 3 times, gave up.
Toot
Plushie Superstar

Topic/Postby Keiji » 07 Feb 2018, 21:45

I got smoked on the Beast Mastery hunter challenge, apparently its highly recommended to have a legendary that can heal you.
Keiji
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 08 Feb 2018, 01:44

Gonna' have to try this....!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Guides.