Warlords of Draenor Beta - Build 18950, Soloing Old Content, OpenRaid Workshop

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 30 Sep 2014, 05:34

Warlords of Draenor Beta - Build 18950, Soloing Old Content, OpenRaid Workshop

Image Trials Rifts Hotfix and Future of Crafting Materials, BNet Linking Issues, The Waypoint's Highlights, Firebird Music Parody

Image Season 6 & Free Arachnid Quarter Ending, BlizzCon EU Regionals Decklists - Kaor, Versus Series #10

Image Heroes has Gone Offline, Anub'Arak Hero Week, Skin Spotlight: Master Tyrael

Warlords of Draenor Beta - Build 18950
Build 18950 will be deployed to the Beta realms soon.

Warlords of Draenor Credits - Jay Wilson Working on WoW
The Warlords of Draenor credits are here!

You can see that Jay Wilson is now listed as a Designer now, rather than just being on the strike team like he was for Mists of Pandaria. You may remember that he stepped down as Game Director of Diablo III in January 2013.

New Strings
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Game Text

• Game Text #80533 - Yes, Tuulani. Now you see.
  • Game Text #80534 - Your efforts were valiant. I did not think the anchorites could power the defenses with only one of the crystals.
  • Game Text #80535 - But nothing will stop my plan, nor that of my masters. And the only things in our way...
  • Game Text #80536 - Protector! Destroy these intruders!
  • Game Text #81534 - Nyami! We are here -
  • Game Text #81535 - What is this? Oh, no... no...
  • Game Text #81536 - You have to stop them!
  • Game Text #81537 - ...The protector... still answers her call... you'll have to defeat it!
  • Game Text #81538 - Ahhh!
  • Game Text #81555 - Are YOU, Tuulani, and your outsider friends.
  • Game Text #81556 - Try as you might, this place is doomed. It is only a matter of time...
  • Game Text #81557 - Yes! Yes! The crystal hums... just a bit of focus and...
  • Game Text #88053 - It is done! As for you, I think it is fitting that one of my tools dispatches the others...

GarrAbility

• GarrAbility #244 - Orcslayer - Increases success chance when fighting orcs.

Achievement Changes
Legacy

• Chapter V: Judgment of the Black Prince Work with Wrathion to create your legendary-quality cloak and complete his quest to defeat Garrosh Hellscream. Tiitle Reward: Legend of Pandaria. Title Reward: Legend of Pandaria.

Pet Battles

• Taming Draenor Defeat all of the Pet Tamers in Draenor listed below. Quest Reward: Draenor Pet Battle Daily Quests. 5 points. Account Wide. 5 points. Account Wide.

Spell Changes
Companions

• Argi Name Changed from Karabor Kid to Argi

Item Set Bonuses

• Item - Death Knight T17 Frost 4P Bonus While Pillar of Frost is active, your special attacks trap a soul in your rune weapon. When Pillar of Frost fades, your rune weapon discharges the souls at your current target, dealing (60% 40% of weapon damage) damage per soul.
  • Item - Hunter T17 Survival 4P Bonus When you hit a target with Explosive Shot, your multistrike damage is increased by 50% for 3 sec. 15% for 3 sec.
  • Item - Mage T17 Fire 4P Bonus When Pyroblast! activates, you have a chance to cause all Pyroblasts to have no cast time and be guaranteed critical strikes for 6 4 sec. (Approximately procrppm procs per minute)
  • Item - Mage T17 Frost 2P Bonus While Frozen Orb is active, you permanently have the Fingers of Frost effect. gain Fingers of Frost every 2.5 sec.
  • Item - Mage T17 Frost 4P Bonus Each Ice Lance cast while Frozen Orb is active reduces the cast time of Frostbolt by 4% 2% and increases the damage of Frostbolt by 4% 2% for 10 sec. Stacks up to 10 times.
  • Item - Monk T17 Windwalker4P Bonus While Tigereye Brew's damage effect is active, your multistrike damage is increased by 1% 3% per stack of Tigereye Brew consumed.

Misc

Image Death Knight (Forums, Talent Calculator)

• Dark Succor (New) When you kill an enemy that yields experience or honor, while in Frost or Unholy Presence, your next Death Strike within 15 sec is free and its healing is increased by 100%.

Image Druid (Forums, Talent Calculator)
Talents

• Nature's Vigil now has spec specific tooltips. Balance, Feral, Guardian now only heal nearby targets with their spells, not damage them. Restoration still damages nearby targets of their healing spells.

Feral

• Predatory Swiftness proc now increases the healing done by Healing Touch by 20%, down from 50%.

Image Mage (Forums, Talent Calculator)
Talents

Image Monk (Forums, Talent Calculator)

• Jab now costs 3.5% of Base Mana, down from 2.6%.

Image Paladin (Forums, Talent Calculator)
Protection

Image Shaman (Forums, Talent Calculator)
Enhancement

• Maelstrom Weapon proc now increases direct healing done by your next Nature spell by 10%, down from 20%.

Raid & Dungeon Abilities

• Berserker Rush Kargath cuts his way towards you dealing 125% weapon damage to all targets in front of him, as well as increasing his physical damage done by 15% every 2 sec for 20 sec. Kargath's movement speed also increases by 40% 25% every 2 sec for 20 sec. 45 yd range. Instant.
  • Crusader Strike Inflicts 7,500 damage to an enemy and increases damage taken by 10% 1% for 15 sec. This effect stacks. Melee range. Instant. 3 sec cooldown.
  • Crusader Strike Inflicts 7,500 damage to an enemy and increases damage taken by 10% 1% for 15 sec. This effect stacks. Melee range. Instant. 3 sec cooldown.
  • Curtain of Flame Azzakel engulfs a player in Fel flame, inflicting 10,000 Fire damage to the affected player every 3 4.5 sec for 9 sec. When Curtain of Flame deals damage, it will also spread to any other players within 5 yards of the affected player. 100 yd range. 1.2 sec cast.
  • Debilitating Fixation Name Changed from Debilitating Ray to Debilitating Fixation
  • Felblast (New) The caster conjures a blast of Fel fire, inflicting 37,500 Fire damage to the target. 60 yd range. 10 sec cast.
  • Fire Bomb The bomb explodes, damaging everyone around it for 100,000 Fire damage. Instant. 3,000 Fire damage. Instant.
  • Grapple Inflicts 20,000 Physical damage to the current target and reduces their movement speed by 25% 33% for 4 sec. Melee range. Instant.
  • Impale Kargath skewers an enemy, inflicting 53,750 Physical damage every 1 sec. for 8 sec. If the target survives, they take increased damage from consecutive Impales. 50 yd range. 8 sec cast (Channeled). 5 sec cooldown. 15 sec cooldown.
  • Iron Will The Iron Maidens are bound together with Iron Will - whenever any of them is critically low on health, they will all rise to 100 Iron Fury. Every 20 seconds thereafter their damage dealt will increase by 10%. Instant. 1%. Instant.
  • Jagged Tear Deals 2,125 Deals 531 damage every 3 sec for 24 sec. Stacks. Instant.
  • Magma Increases damage taken from Magma by 250. Stacks. Instant. 60. Stacks. Instant.
  • Seething Hate Inflicts 44,000 Inflicts 35,000 Fire damage split to allies within 6 every 3 secs. Unlimited range. Instant.
  • Solar Detonation The dormant Solar energy bursts outward from the victim, inflicting 25,000 Fire damage to all enemies within 5 2 yards of the victim. 100 yd range. Instant.
  • Time to Feed Oshir pins his prey to the ground and rends them furiously, inflicting 15,000 10,000 Physical damage every 1 sec for 20 sec. 100 yd range. 20 sec cast (Channeled).

Warlords of Draenor - Post-Squish Legacy Content

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
I should have phrased my initial post(s) better. The intent certainly wasn't a blanket dismissal of concerns about new difficulties with soloing content that you can handle easily in 5.4.

Right now, there is a known bug (for which we should have a fix in an upcoming build) that is causing raid bosses (especially in Cataclysm content) to be more challenging for level 90 players than is the intent. There are also specific issues with encounters that we're still hand-adjusting (Gunship in Icecrown, notably). That will get sorted out. The overwhelming majority of players shouldn't see any negative impact to their legacy content experience when they go from 5.4 to 6.0.

The sole exception here, which is what I was clarifying, is that if there's an encounter that you can just barely solo as a tank spec on live today, it's quite possible that you won't quite be able to do so in 6.0. It's also possible that something you can solo comfortably today might be slightly harder in 6.0, but still doable. But that's because of basic changes to self-healing and the potency of tank cooldowns, and not anything related to our item or stat changes. And in any case, I'm talking about smaller differences here, not something like getting destroyed by Morchok when you can solo him easily on live, which is the result of a bug.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Art
Keep it civil please. Weapon size is a subjective preference. A change would upset some, please others. (holinka)
Either way, I'm not aware of any plans to change them. (holinka)

Garrisons
If I build an enchanting building and a jewelcrafting building is there still a point for me to still have those professions?
Having the profession yourself doubles (I think) the daily cooldown production, and gives access to some extra recipes. (Muffinus)

OpenRaid - Tanking and Melee Changes Overview
Slootbag of Midwinter and Magdalena will be going over some of the tanking and melee changes for Warlords of Draenor this Saturday at 9 AM PDT / Noon EDT. For more information, see the full post on OpenRaid.

More...
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News