Warlords of Draenor Beta - Build 18973, Tank Squish, Lords of War - Behind the Scenes

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 03 Oct 2014, 02:09

Warlords of Draenor Beta - Build 18973, Tank Squish, Lords of War - Behind the Scenes

Warlords of Draenor Beta - Build 18973
Our second beta build of the day is here. Yay.

Spell Changes
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Item Set Bonuses

[list]
[*]Item - Druid T17 Feral 4P Bonus While Berserk is active, special attacks deal an additional 35% 25% bleed damage to the target over 6 sec.[/*:m]
[*]Item - Hunter T17 Marksmanship 2P Bonus Aimed Shot critical strikes restore 15 additional Focus. 10 additional Focus.[/*:m][/list:u]

Image Rogue (Forums, Talent Calculator)

[list]
[*]Blade Flurry While active, your attacks also strike up to 4 additional nearby opponents for 40% 30% of normal damage, but your Energy regeneration is reduced by 20%. Lasts until cancelled. 100 yd range. Instant.[/*:m][/list:u]

Combat

[list]
[*]Blade Flurry While active, your attacks also strike up to 4 additional nearby opponents for 40% 30% of normal damage, but your Energy regeneration is reduced by 20%. Lasts until cancelled. Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon. Rogue - Combat Spec. Instant. 10 sec cooldown.[/*:m][/list:u]

Image Warrior (Forums, Talent Calculator)

[list]
[*]Bladestorm You become a whirling storm of destructive force, striking all nearby targets with your main hand weapon for (60% 160% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Instant.[/*:m]
[*]Bladestorm Off-Hand You become a whirling storm of destructive force, striking all nearby targets with your off-hand weapon for (60% 160% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Requires Melee Weapon. Instant.[/*:m][/list:u]

Talents

[list]
[*]Bladestorm (Arms) Become an unstoppable storm of destructive force, striking all targets within 8 yards for (120% 160% of weapon damage) Physical damage every 1 sec for 6 sec.[/*:m]
[*]Bladestorm (Fury) Become an unstoppable storm of destructive force, striking all targets within 8 yards for (60% 160% of weapon damage) Physical damage with your main-hand and (60% 160% of weapon damage) Physical damage with your off-hand every 1 sec for 6 sec.[/*:m]
[*]Bladestorm (Protection) Become an unstoppable storm of destructive force, striking all targets within 8 yards for (120% 160% of weapon damage) Physical damage every 1 sec for 6 sec.[/*:m][/list:u]

Raid & Dungeon Abilities

[list]
[*]Arcane Blast Blasts the target with energy, inflciting 28,000 33,600 Arcane damage. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast.[/*:m]
[*]Arcane Orb Launches an Arcane Orb forward, inflicting 92,000 110,400 Arcane damage to enemies it passes through. 100 yd range. Instant.[/*:m]
[*]Fire Storm Ragewing spits fire, inflicting 50,000 30,000 Fire damage to nearby enemies. 100 yd range. Instant.[/*:m]
[*]Fire Storm Ragewing spits fire, inflicting 50,000 30,000 Fire damage to nearby enemies. 100 yd range. Instant.[/*:m]
[*]Fireball Hurls a fiery ball that inflicts 28,000 33,600 Fire damage. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast.[/*:m]
[*]Frostbolt Launches a bolt of frost at the enemy, inflicting 28,000 33,600 Frost damage and slowing movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast.[/*:m]
[*]Ice Comet Calls down a comet of ice that inflicts 92,000 110,400 Frost damage to all enemies within 8 yards. 40 yd range. Instant. 10 sec cooldown.[/*:m]
[*]Lumbering Swipe Gnarled Ancients crush all players in front of them, inflicting 54,000 37,800 Physical damage. 40 yd range. Instant.[/*:m][/list:u]

Upcoming Tank Squish

Originally Posted by Watcher (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Changes to mob damage are still ongoing, and it's something we're hand-tuning on a dungeon-by-dungeon and boss-by-boss basis.

One issue that has likely been significantly impacting the feel of tanking in dungeons and in multi-mob scenarios, is some legacy logic from 5.4 Vengeance that is no longer needed or applicable in the current tanking environment.

On live in Mists, Vengeance has diminishing returns with respect to damage taken from multiple targets, because such damage proved to be much less deadly in practice than the same amount from a single source. See this post for details: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9573038382#12

However, with the general increase in tank health with respect to incoming damage, and the move away from "spiky" damage intake, tanks spend much more time partly injured. In Mists, what killed tanks was sudden bursts of damage. In Warlords, what kills tanks is sustained damage that exceeds incoming healing and self-healing. And when it comes to sustained damage, it is immaterial whether you're being attacked by one huge enemy or many smaller enemies.

Thus, we're removing any diminishing returns from Resolve when tanking multiple targets. A hotfix that makes this change should be in effect on beta within the next day. This should significantly improve survivability in dungeons and other multi-mob situations.

Thanks Watcher! Is there anything the community can do further to help with the tuning? (i.e. run older dungeons at level appropriate)
Being specific with your feedback, mainly. "My self-healing feels weak and healers can't keep me up, this feels terrible!" is valid feedback, but it's hard for us to address directly. On the other hand, "I was tanking Heroic Slag Mines on my premade DK and I couldn't survive the two-ogron pull before the last boss if I didn't have all my cooldowns up. They did way more damage than any boss in the dungeon." is very actionable.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard
Classes
Image Shaman (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
Charhounds! Those firehounds from the Firelands. Flamewalkers and Dark Shamans tame them. Why not us? Would love one
I hate to say it, but man that would make a cool shaman glyph right? Spirit wolves -> fire wolves! (Muffinus)

Art
Will we see "more paladin-like" Sets in WoD (PvP&PvE)? T17 is a good start
We'll be continuing to find cool looks for tier sets that fit both class and context. Glad you enjoy T17! (olandgren)

Character / Items
Tertiary Stats, Warforged, and Socket are random. 3 independent chances, max 1 of each. (oo)

is Salvage yard intended to give the "Character Screen armours (and weapons)?
It is. They've rescued it from less... fortunate adventurers. (olandgren)
Can we get them for any class or just our own?
Just your own class.

Are you putting CM gear on the BMAH later on? That would be a slap in the face. Please don't. Hope it's just a rumor.
We have no plans to do so, but the BMAH does acquire some skill-based rewards so no promises either way. (olandgren)

PvP
Skirmishes require a group queue? Or will solo queueing work on release?
Solo queueing works on release. (holinka)

Can that meta gem please not make it to WoD? Please? Pretty please?
It is (holinka)
But it's so random. The game should be about skill, not random reflects =(
If I wasn't clear, it is gone in Warlords. (holinka)

Lords of War - Behind the Scenes
Blizzard showed off some Lords of War behind the scenes footage today.

More...
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News