Soloing Hotfix, Class Balance, Oct 16 Hotfixes, Honor Gains Buffed, Blizzcon Party

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 17 Oct 2014, 05:07

Soloing Hotfix, Class Balance, Oct 16 Hotfixes, Honor Gains Buffed, Blizzcon Party

Image Diablofan's "Diablo Builds" Update

Image Deck Spotlight: Spark's Snake Bite, Versus Series: Jonpii vs Cookie, Pumpkin Carving Contest

Image 4,000 Alpha Invites Giveaway, Invite Your Friends to Nexus

Patch 6.0.2 - Soloing Old Content Hotfix
Earlier today the damage you do in older content was reduced as part of the base health reduction of older creatures. Unfortunately this also means that players are killing old bosses slower than they were on the first day of the patch, and this is intended.

Originally Posted by Blizzard
Legacy raid soloing changed drastically over night. Doing roughly 1/3rd the damage I was yesterday. Bug?
Not a bug. It's a change accompanying a large reduction in health to all mobs in that level range. (Watcher)
So the net effect is nothing changed?
Net effect is probably somewhat lower damage in practice. Maybe 20% longer kill times, closer to pre-6.0 (Watcher)
Festergut 25HC took me ~40seconds last night. I wiped on LK after about 5 minutes and he wasn't even 50%. You sure 20% is right?
The problem is that last night you had the lower multiplier but not yet the lower health pools. Should be sorted out now. (Watcher)
Has this been implemented yet? I still seem to only do my normal dmg, no multiplier. The mobs clearly have had their HP reduced, but my damage is the same outside as it is in a legacy raid.
By "outside" do you mean outside in Northrend? Because that's all Wrath content, all gets the same treatment. (Watcher)

Question: was there a hotfix to soloing old content?
Yes, along with health/damage changes to all old mobs. The target was preserving the same pacing as 5.4.8, maybe a bit faster. (Watcher)

Initially lots of fun for tons of people bored with the game and now.. lots of disappointment....again! Why such high priority on getting this "fixed" when there are so many other pressing issues in game now?
It was part of the overall health/damage adjustment which I'd say was absolutely a pressing issue. If you could solo something in 5.4 or earlier, but cannot today, please let us know. (Watcher)
I agree with many others, no point in old content being hard to solo, please revert.
I think it'd be fine if no gold dropped and items had no value beyond transmog. But I think that'd bring its own problems. (Bashiok)
so are you saying the revert *is* because gold was too easy to obtain?
Not at all. It changed because the goal was preserving 5.4.8 pacing, and we got the numbers wrong at first. (Watcher)

Patch 6.0.2 Class Balance
It looks like more class balance changes are headed our way, along with the previously mentioned tweaks.

Originally Posted by Celestalon (Blue Tracker)
Just to keep everyone updated, we're progressing on the first big round of balance tuning changes. Coming in the new couple days will be adjustments to Assassination, Subtlety, Fury, Protection Warrior, All Death Knights, All Monks, All Mages, All Hunters, Shadow, Protection Paladins, Retribution, Guardian, Feral, Affliction, Demonology. Lots of number changes. To set expectations, our general strategy will be to nerf the couple OP specs (Fire, Fury, Demon), and buff the others to be competitive. Slight correction to that: A few others are coming down a tiny bit too, but those changes were already announced in my beta forum post.

When re-balancing hunters could you maybe try to do it so the no.1 pet class actually does more damage with a pet than without?
That's actually one of the biggest changes coming for hunters; pets were significantly underperforming, especially non-BM. (Celestalon)

Am I to expect more hunter buffs soon considering what Celestalon said or is the hotfix today literally it?
Today's hotfixes to damage are not it. Much more coming soon (trying for tomorrow but that may be tight). (Source)

Blasted Lands Quest Rewards
If you did the Blasted Lands quests before rewards were hotfixed in, keep being patient, as a solution is on the way!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
There is a 'solution' coming for this, folks.

Not at liberty to divulge anything else, but they are working on something.

Patch 6.0.2 Hotfixes - October 16

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Classes
  • Image Death Knight
    • General
    • Talents
      • Defile's damage has been increased by 20%.
      • Resolved an issue where the Purgatory talent may sometimes cause the Death Knight to stunned permanently after dying in PvP combat.
  • Image Druid
  • Image Hunter
    • Hunter Pets
      • Stag pets should now correctly apply the Grace buff when summoned.
  • Image Paladin
  • Image Priest
    • Shadow
  • Image Rogue
  • Image Shaman
World Environment
  • Creatures
    • Master Aitokk should no longer be offering the Ogre Combat quest to players, because he's dead.
  • Timeless Isle
    • Resolved an issue where Mist-Covered Treasure Chests could show up as empty.
Quests
  • High Recognition: Resolved an issue where players were unable to complete the quest.
  • To The Skies!: Taoshi should no longer despawn as soon as she arrives during Stage 4 of the scenario.
  • Legendary Cloak Quest Line
    • Achievement: Chapter V: Judgement of the Black Prince should no longer incorrectly have a guild reputation requirement.
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
Raids
  • Siege of Orgrimmar
    • Blackfuse Shredders now have 40% less health.
    • Desecrated Weapon and Empowered Desecrated Weapon now deal less damage on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulty.
    • Reduced the amount of damage needed to break Touch of Y'Shaarj and Empowered Touch of Y'Sharrj's mind control.
    • Number of players affected by Touch of Y'Shaarj or Empowered Touch of Y'Sharrj is always 2 and no longer increases based on the Raid size on Normal and Heroic difficulty.
  • Throne of Thunder
    • Damage of Frost King Malakk's Frostbite ability has been reduced to a reasonable amount.
    • Lei Shen's Thunderstruck ability now deals less damage.
  • Ulduar
    • Elder Stonebark's Petrified Bark ability should no longer reflect an excessive amount of damage back at players.
Dungeons
  • Temple of the Jade Serpent: Strife and Peril's damage has been reduced to a reasonable amount.
Battlegrounds and Arenas
  • Arena Skirmishes now award more Honor Points to the winning team. The amount awarded will return to normal once the portal to Draenor opens. An explanation and details on this temporary change is available on the forums.
  • Battlegrounds now award more Honor Points. The amount awarded will return to normal once the portal to Draenor opens.
  • NPCs above level 90 should no longer appear in Strand of the Ancients, Alterac Valley, and Isle of Conquest.
Items
  • Food that gave a bonus to Hit should now give a bonus to Critical Strike.
  • Assurance of Consequence should now correctly reduce ability cooldowns for Survival Hunters.
  • Shadowmourne's Chaos Bane effect was granting too much Strength. The amount of Strength granted has been reduced to a more appropriate amount.
  • Tharbek's Brutal Posessor and Tharbek's Unholy Charge are now One-Handed swords (they were Main Hand only) and can be dual-wielded.
  • Reduced the Bonus Armor on a number of items that had too much Armor.
  • Resolved an issue where item enchants from expansions prior to Mists of Pandaria were scaling incorrectly and wound up being stronger than intended.
Bug Fixes
  • Resolved an issue where Icethorn did not contain any items when harvested by Herbalists with a skill level above 435.

Patch 6.0.2 Honor Gains

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Okay, few updates and some more info:

At level 100, Skirmishes and Battlegrounds will award Strongboxes as the primary reward mechanic. You'll get some Honor from a win, but the contents of the Strongbox will be what you're really interested in. Those are obviously not available at level 90, which is why PvP gearing feels slow right now.

That said, we agree that 18 Honor is too low as a base value for a Skirmish win. We're going to bump that up to 36. That amount will still increase based on how long a match goes, starting at 45 honor past 1 minute and increasing from there. Again, keep in mind that we want shorter matches to give more Honor per time spent, so that players don't feel obligated to drag out Skirmishes for better rewards.

As to why it's not a higher number ("this gear won't matter in a few weeks"), there's a few key points to keep in mind. First off, there's the relationship between Skirmishes and Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds take longer and often have longer queues, which makes them a much larger personal investment to participate in. We want to make sure that extra personal investment feels worthwhile, so we're tuning Skirmish and Battleground rewards so that you earn slightly more Honor per time spent in a Battleground than you would in a Skirmish. If an average Battleground takes 15 minutes, and an average Skirmish only takes 2 or 3, the Battleground should reward significantly more Honor.

Also, keep in mind that there's no weekly cap on Honor gains. It's okay for a rated Arena match to reward 180 Conquest points, because after you get your 10 wins (or reach your catch-up cap), that's it for the week. You might earn Honor a little slower, but you could earn your entire Honor set in just a few days if you really wanted to.

Finally, we don't want to set unrealistic expectations for Warlords and level 100 PvP. We're okay with letting players gear a little bit faster right now in preparation for Warlords, but we don't want you to feel like you've had the rug pulled out from under you once the expansion launches and you start gearing at level 100. We want Skirmishes and Battlegrounds to feel rewarding in the interim period, but we don't want them to be some kind of loot piñata either.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Classes
I get were not supposed to trust simcraft. But its useful when pointing out talents like Necrotic Plague are a dps loss to take
Yep, absolutely. We do listen to that feedback. I'd just like to caution against taking the SimC spec DPS rankings as gospel. (WatcherDev)

PvP
Is ilvl 700+ PvE gear going to be scaled down in PVP?? I havent heard anything about this at all.
Yes it is scaled down in instance PvP and Ashran to 690. (holinka)
that ceiling will increase each season (holinka)
isn't 690 the ilvl pvp gear increases to in instances as well? If so, pve gear will be bis till full pvp geared
You're assuming people will have full mythic gear before conquest gear? (holinka)
are there any measures to prevent pve pieces from being bis in pvp, even after full conquest?
I'm primarily concerned about something being extremely better than some min/max BiS list. (holinka)
if there's a chance someone can get a pair of bracers that gives them a small bit more crit, I'm not concerned. (holinka)
will pve set bonuses work in pvp settings? And yeah min/max is no biggy if it's small. Just don't want cata again
PvE set bonuses do not work in Arenas or Battlegrounds. (holinka)

Garrisons
Currently you can buy a 20% XP potion BEFORE building Barracks, which makes you have to farm rares/chests for Garrison Resources.
I could see wanting to do this on my alt, perhaps? (Muffinus)

Blizzcon 2014 Party
Our friends at AskMrRobot and OpenRaid are taking part in a party at the Hilton for Blizzcon 2014. There will be panels hosted by various podcasts and fansites, Hearthstone tournaments, a photo booth, fan art exhibit, and lots of giveaways. Goody bags, t-shirts, Blizzard swag, posters, fan art, and more!

More...
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News