Patch 6.2 - Darkmoon Faire, Mythic HFC, Mythic Gorefiend Vid

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 06 Jul 2015, 08:00

Patch 6.2 - Darkmoon Faire, Mythic HFC, Mythic Gorefiend Vid

Corvid's "Bubble Trouble" Wizard, How to Get into the PTR

Popular Decks of the Week, HS History - Neutral Epics & Legendaries, Card Design #23

Heroes of the Storm Growth, Into the Nexus #57

Patch 6.2 - Darkmoon Faire

Patch 6.2 adds some new fishing related things to the Darkmoon Faire.

Be sure to pick up WHEE! from the Darkmoon Carousel and maybe the buff from Darkmoon Top Hat before doing your Tanaan Daily quests for extra reputation!

Icy Veins has updated their guide for Patch 6.2.

Level Type Name Cost Source
1Other Day-Old Darkmoon Doughnut1 × Vendor
1Potion Darkmoon Firewater25 × Vendor
1Junk Seafarer's Slidewhistle25 × Vendor
1Companion Pets Blorp's Bubble50 × Vendor
1Companion Pets Translucent Shell100 × Vendor
1Quest Faded Treasure Map100 × Vendor
1Cooking Recipe Recipe: Sugar-Crusted Fish Feast25 × Vendor
1Cooking Recipe Recipe: Lemon Herb Filet10 × Vendor
1Cooking Recipe Recipe: Fancy Darkmoon Feast50 × Vendor

Mythic Hellfire Citadel Progression

Paragon and Method are now at 11/13 with Midwinter close behind at 10/13. You can keep up with the latest progress on WoWProgress, our forum thread, and Manaflask.

Mythic Gorefiend Kill Video

Method has released their Mythic Gorefiend kill video.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Art

I bought the Corrupted Dreadwing mount today. It runs WAY faster than the Dread Raven. Is this intentional. Will it be fixed?

Thanks for the report! We'll look to get this addressed in a future patch. (WarcraftDevs)

Character / Items

Is it intended that some specs (e.g. beastmastery) spawns 2 images with the Mirror of the Blademaster trinket instead of four?

Yes. The mirror images inherit much of the power of your player, so BM gets fewer copies. (WarcraftDevs)

PvE

Do mythic dungeons guarantee personal loot off the last boss like heroic dungeons?

No, and neither do Heroic dungeons as of 6.2; the guaranteed drop was causing Personal to be out of line with Group loot. (WarcraftDevs)

Garrisons

I'm still waiting for a valid answer to why a player is doing it wrong by not building a salvage yard @WatcherDev

Because in a tier of options that generally offer economic power, it offered so much more economic power than all the rest. (WatcherDev)

Darkmoon Faire

Can you please explain the changes made to the Darkmoon Faire Adventurer's Guide?

(1 )The items that used to drop from specific bosses (e.g. Soothsayer’s Runes) can now drop from any appropriate-level... (WarcraftDevs)

(2) ...dungeon or raid boss and some higher-level trash. (WarcraftDevs)

Dev Interviews

the expression: "You are doing it wrong" to me doesn't fit and gives a bad impression, at least to me.

It's an expression I intend somewhat humorously when there seems to be a "right" answer to one of our choices, but noted. (WatcherDev)

Ghostcrawler Tweets

While the individual developers have been pretty quiet since @WarcraftDevs appeared, Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Flying in Draenor

Was Blizzard's history of caving to the community's loudest whiners one of the reasons for your exit?

You know I've received a couple hundred tweets about how they weren't listening to players, right? I think the moral is evident. (OccupyGStreet)

PvP

always been curious, what were the thoughts of having top level WoW players (venruki,snutz,etc) testing seasons/input

We did some of that. Balance testing for PvP requires a lot of games though. Just getting their thoughts is probably more useful. (OccupyGStreet)

Game Design

MMO's need some sort of grind Greg, you know this. If everything is given to you with minimal effort - why play the game?

I hope there are other options besides just "grind" and "give away for nothing." (OccupyGStreet)

Developer Communication

I think you're entitled to discuss anything you feel is entertaining to you. It's your Twitter.

I don't mind talking about my philosophy when I was on WoW. But. (OccupyGStreet)

I think many folks here just want to leverage my comments to argue against design decisions of the current devs. (OccupyGStreet)

I do not hold GC accountable for that mind you, but he did respond "change their minds"

"I disagree with your idea of X" makes more sense than "You aren't allowed to iterate on your idea." Again IMO. (OccupyGStreet)

I hope I was never on the "fire GC" wagon. If so I apologize and will #KeepItClassy in the future.

I never took that seriously. Players aren't privy to the inside look at how products are made so they blame who they know. (OccupyGStreet)

My point was that I like any developer sometimes come up with ideas that sound great on paper. (OccupyGStreet)

If it is later proven that my idea was bad, I should not say "No, I'm going to stick to my guns no matter what." (OccupyGStreet)

So whether or not you agree with a particular decision, don't IMO beat devs up for the act of changing their minds (OccupyGStreet)

In a past life you were a HPriest. Could I get eyes on this? Is this the kind of feedback devs want? http://t.co/a66My3adC5

My advice would be pick 1-2 things you'd really like to see fixed. Big monologues, while well-intentioned, can be hard to digest. (OccupyGStreet)

.I know it seems limiting, but one of the reasons I like Twitter is it forces players to be really focused with their arguments. (OccupyGStreet)

The way I figure, if I can read 10 player comments instead of 1 in the same time period, I'm being more efficient. (OccupyGStreet)

really? Everything that I see for the most part still send to be "X is bad. Fix it." With no real reasons about it.

That's true of the forums and Reddit too though. At least Twitter makes it speedy to browse. (OccupyGStreet)

To be fair, it also seems like an out for in depth communication with players.

It is in a way. But someone like me can't engage with even 0.1% of good discussions in a day. (OccupyGStreet)

Dark Legacy Comics #496

DLC #496 has been released.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/500 ... ts-DLC-496
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News