Warcraft at SDCC, Mythic HFC, July 6 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, M

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 07 Jul 2015, 04:00

Warcraft at SDCC, Mythic HFC, July 6 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, M

Corvid's "Bubble Trouble" Wizard, How to Get into the PTR

Popular Decks of the Week, HS History - Neutral Epics & Legendaries, Card Design #23

Heroes of the Storm Growth, Into the Nexus #57

Warcraft Movie at San Diego Comic Con

Entertainment Weekly reports that San Diego Comic Con will have a "big public unveiling" for Warcraft on July 11th. It isn't clear what will actually be revealed and if the public will get to see it. Keep in mind that footage shown there in previous years never was publicly released. We are getting closer to the movie's release though, which is currently scheduled for June 10, 2016.

The last official preview gave us a look at Orgrim.

Mythic Hellfire Citadel Progression

Paragon and Method are still at 11/13. Two other guilds caught up to Midwinter and are at 10/13. You can keep up with the latest progress on WoWProgress, our forum thread, and Manaflask.

Patch 6.2 Hotfixes - July 6

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Garrisons

Garrison Buildings

Shipyard

• [Requires a realm restart] Upgrading to a Level 3 Shipyard now unlocks an additional Fleet Command Table at the player's Garrison town hall.

Raids and Dungeons

Hellfire Citadel

General

• Players should no longer be incorrectly saved to a Hellfire Citadel raid instance after defeating a Voracious Soulstalker.
Shadow-Lord Iskar

• Shadow-Lord Iskar's Fel Chakram ability no longer requires line-of-sight with the target.
Socrethar the Eternal

• Sargerei Dominators should no longer immediately attack nearby players after spawning.
  • Soulbound Construct should now be able to be damaged by the Warrior talents Dragon Roar and Siegebreaker.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the encounter to not restart correctly after a wipe.
Fel Lord Zakuun

• Fixed an issue that could cause the encounter to not restart correctly after a wipe.
Xhul'horac

• Xhul'horac now prefers to use Void Surge on players that aren't already affected by Feltouched, Chains of Fel, or Empowered Chains of Fel.
  • Xhul'horac now prefers to use Chains of Fel, or Empowered Chains of Fel on players that aren't already affected by Void Surge or Voidtouched.
Mannoroth

• Mannoroth should no longer use his Shadowforce ability on players already affected by Mannoroth's Gaze.
  • Mannoroth's Empowered Massive Blast Wave should no longer hit the tank at the same time as Massive Blast.
  • Using a bonus roll on Mannoroth should no longer have a chance to incorrectly award Tyrant's Decree (the trinket drops from Tyrant Velhari).
Archimonde

• Archimonde's Shackled Torment ability no longer requires line-of-sight with the target.

Dungeons

The Everbloom

• Kirin Tor Battle-Mages should no longer continue to receive damage after Entanglement has been destroyed.

PvP

Ashran

• Captains should now be spawning correctly in the central lane once more.
  • Ashmaul Burial Grounds event: Increased the spawn rate of Risen Spirits.
  • The Ashmaul Strongbox that drops upon defeating Grand Marshal Tremblade or High Warlord Volrath is now rare (blue) quality to avoid confusion as to the qualify of its contents. There's been no change to the contents of the strongbox itself.
  • The progressive buff implemented from June 25 now also counts defeating Grand Marshal Tremblade or High Warlord Volrath as winning an event.
  • Grand Marshal Tremblade and High Warlord Volrath now only awards an Ashmaul Strongbox if they're defeated while their base is under attack.

Collections

Toy Box

Items

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a number of issues that incorrectly allowed buffs from outside a raid instance to be brought into a raid instance.
  • Fixed an issue where credit for the Predator achievement was being awarded incorrectly.

New Honor Gear

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Speaking from personal opinion here, and not specifically on behalf of the dev team:

Personally, I love that Honor gear is relevant even after participating in the previous season. I love doing random BG's, and winning (or even just earning a Bronze or Silver Strongbox) feels a lot more rewarding when there's an actual meaningful reward from it.

I also like that it puts everyone on an even playing field gear-wise from the get-go. It's good to have the opportunity for someone who didn't participate in the previous season (or wants to switch to a character they didn't gear) to not find themselves in an environment where they're already outgeared by most of their opponents. In that first week or two where you're gearing up your Honor set, you're mostly facing opponents who are doing the same. Players are more likely to continue to enjoy PvP when they feel like they actually have a fighting chance.

Ultimately, I think the biggest issue with the Honor re-gear isn't the Honor gear itself, it's the queue times necessary to earn Honor. Gearing my Horde character, I had nearly instant queue times for Random BGs. I was also fortunate to win the majority of the Random BGs I played, and the ones I lost we were generally able to earn a Silver Strongbox. I can totally see how it could have been very frustrating if I had to sit through 20 minute queue times for Random BGs, or potentially hours to get into Ashran.

In the short term, I'm not sure what can be done for Alliance queue times. If there aren't any Horde to fight, the game can't create a match. Longer-term, we have some ideas that we think will help, but we're not ready to share details just yet.

Racial balance is certainly a factor, and it's one we intend to improve. We don't think simply balancing racials will automatically fix the current issue, however.

Say, hypothetically speaking, racial balance were to suddenly stop being a factor. Maybe we figured out a way to tune everything perfectly, maybe we just deleted racials forever -- whatever the solution was, racials aren't a consideration for PvP any more. What happens next? Do half of the Alliance decide to faction transfer?

Realistically, queue times are only really a problem for Random Battlegrounds and Ashran (and sometimes in very high-rated play, but that's not a faction-related issue). Once you have full Honor gear, it's pretty much just Ashran that you'll be waiting in queue for. And if you're a serious Alliance PvPer, you've probably made a lot of Alliance friends that you'd no longer be able to play with if you went Horde. Is the faster Ashran queue worth potentially giving that up?

For some people, maybe. For others, maybe not. Like I said, racial balance is something we intend to improve, but we're not sure that fixing racials alone will solve the queue problems. So, we're kicking around some other ideas as well.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Character / Items

Is there a reason Cursed Feather of Ikzan is not a toy or was it just an oversight?

It was an oversight that will be corrected in a follow-up patch to 6.2. (WarcraftDevs)

PvP

That has not been our thinking with anything related to Ashran. We're trying to motivate people to fight each other via rewards. (holinka)

Lore

Hello, are priests+paladins using life magic since they are calling upon the Holy Light of Creation? Perhaps creation magic would

That's a tough one. Light magic comes from the Light, which is like Naaru. Life magic (e.g. what druids use) is Nature. (Muffinus)

Not a super clear distinction, but I like to think of life as growth, light as cleansing. (Muffinus)

What about shamans? I know they use elemental magic, which I guess can be seen as nature magic.

Life is the 5th element! Me fifth element - supreme being. Me protect you. (Muffinus)

The Spirit of Life, the fifth element, seems divine. If shamans use it to heal then technically they are using divine and nature.

I am not one to decide one or the other, though I like to think of them as separate. Growth vs. Undeath, Light vs. Void. (Muffinus)

Mhh, but if the Spirit of Life is an element and a spirit ("it's the supreme being") wouldn't shamans be using divine+nature?

Geomancy is a form of divination and shamanism.

More earth magic imo. (Muffinus)

It's kinda both me thinks if Geomancy involves communing with immortal ("god-like") spirits of earth. Mancy means divination.

Separate Nature and Holy, as they are in WoW (Muffinus)

I'm kinda tripped up on what the Spirit of Life is. According to a few novels "everything has a spirit", which makes me think

Novels, RPG, TCG cards are certainly open to re-interpretation, same with old WCII manual, etc. (Muffinus)

I believe I have one last question. Can we get a confirmation if the Imps were Grell/Grellkin mutated by demonic energy?

Grell are a complex topic and I don't think there's been a whole lot of established lore on them, will try to get you more info. (Muffinus)

Mythic Shadow-Lord Iskar Kill Video

Method has released their Mythic Shadow-Lord Iskar kill video.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/500 ... Lord-Iskar
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News