July 7 Hotfixes, NA Arena Qualifiers, Champion's Strongbox,

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 08 Jul 2015, 07:00

July 7 Hotfixes, NA Arena Qualifiers, Champion's Strongbox,

PTR Season Ending, Small PTR Patch, How Fast Can a Monk Attack?

Tavern Brawl #4 Tomorrow, Angry Chicken #91, Archon Team League Week 2

Maphacking on Heroes, Future Kerrigan Changes, Rotation for July 7

Mythic Hellfire Citadel Progression

Method pulled ahead to 12/13 today by killing Mannoroth. You can keep up with the latest progress on WoWProgress, our forum thread, and Manaflask.

Patch 6.2 Hotfixes - July 7

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Garrison

Ships

• Pandaren Crew now increases success chance on naval missions that last more than 18 hours (was >1 day) and the degree of this success increase is now greater than a Human Crew or Undead Crew.
Naval Missions

Raids and Dungeons

Hellfire Citadel

Hellfire Assault

• Adjusted scaling to reduce the amount of health by roughly 10% on some Hellfire Reinforcements and some Felfire-Imbued Siege Vehicles for a 10-player raid on Heroic difficulty. Health should remain the same as before for raids with 30 players.

• Hellfire Reinforcements: Contracted Engineer, Gorebound Felcasters, Iron Dragoon, Hulking Berserker
    • Felfire-Imbued Siege Vehicles: Felfire Artillery, Felfire Crusher, Felfire Demolisher, Felfire Flamebelcher
Mannoroth

• Mannoroth should now have a chance to target Hunters with Shadowforce.
  • Mannoroth should no longer use Shadowforce on players already affected by Mark of Doom.
Archimonde

• Doomfire now persists for 120 seconds (up from 90).

PvP

Ashran

• Fixed an issue where players that have died during an event may sometimes not receive quest credit after their faction wins the event.

Items

Achievements

• Ironsides: Alliance characters should now be able to obtain credit for upgrading a transport to Epic quality and complete the achievement.

Classes

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Armor Sets

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Talents

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Talents

• Cascade now deals 20% less damage in PvP combat.

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Armor Sets

Blizzcon 2015 - North American Arena Qualifiers

GCDTV is holding the North American Blizzcon arena qualifier rounds in July and August to determine which teams will be going to Blizzcon.

PvP Gear and Champion's Strongbox

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

All that being said, we agree that it’s not ideal for the only methods of earning that gear to be Ashran or Rated BGs. I can’t make any promises, but we’re exploring some options to make it available through other forms of PvP. Just keep in mind that we do want there to be some extra incentive to participate in RBGs and Ashran.

To follow up on this, we're planning to allow the Champion's Strongbox to be purchased from Conquest vendors for 1500 Conquest Points once a player has earned the Wild Conquest (27k) achievement. It will be added to the vendors in an upcoming hotfix.

Even with Strongboxes being purchasable, it still includes RNG which is what people are opposed to. Are you even listening to us??

Believe me, I completely understand how frustrating it is to get the "wrong" item. I've gotten two pairs of Vers/Mastery pants from Ashran. Would I have liked to get something else this week? Absolutely. But I also know that, especially this early on, being 1 item behind (at worst) someone else isn't going to have much of an effect on my standings at the end of the season.

Ultimately, we'd love to find a system that brings all the benefits of RNG gearing (which I talked about earlier in the thread) but doesn't have the frustration of duplicate items or the fear of never getting your best pieces. Buying pieces directly for Conquest points is not that system. We'll continue to look into other options, though.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Classes

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

hey, i am getting only two stacks of Elusive Brew with my 2hand weapon on my brewmaster. Is it an intended changed ?

Nothing changed here. You likely switched to a fast 2H weapon. You only get guaranteed 3 stacks with a 3.6-speed weapon. (WarcraftDevs)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Is it intentional that Mind Flay doesnt proc Prophecy Of Fear AOE but Arcane Missles does?

Yes because Mind Flay is a damage-over-time ability. (WarcraftDevs)

Character / Items

The change to Fragment of Dark Star is additive or multiplicative? (25% or 41%) final effect.

Multiplicative. It’d be 25% at Heroic ilvl. (WarcraftDevs)

- Hunter's Seeking Crystal goes on cooldown even if it fails to teleport you to a rare, intended or oversight?

This is intended. (WarcraftDevs)

w/ caches now not giving "next difficulty" gear after X kills, wont they become obsolete as we gear up through the tier?

Better for raiding to make mission rewards obsolete, than for missions to make raiding rewards obsolete. (WarcraftDevs)

Will the Throbbing Blood Orb be a toy too when the mini-patch that turns the Cursed Feather of Ikzan into one?

Yes. (WarcraftDevs)

What is the reason behind the 50% nerf of Discordant Chorus' proc? It's already weaker than Empty Drinking Horn.

You might be comparing them to unfavorable situations, such as on a single-target. Fel Cleave was quite powerful. (WarcraftDevs)

PvE

How does Supreme Lord Kazzak ilvl loot work? Is it based on your progression in HFC or just a tooltip error in journal?

This is a dungeon journal bug and will be corrected in a future patch. (WarcraftDevs)

PvP

any plans to fix ashram queue spending half my day in a queue isn't fun

The queue is a big problem. We acknowledge that. Fixing it is difficult. We are working on options. (holinka)

Will the class trinkets from HfC work in PvP?

They do not work in rated PvP. (WarcraftDevs)

Lore

What are voidwalkers? Are they void-corrupted spirits like voidwraiths?

Not defined, atm. Maybe someday we will visit the cool-ass void dimension (Muffinus)

Reputation / Questing

Why do we have to do one apexis daily, to come back & pick up 2 more? Why not offer them in one go? Clarification?

The initial quest gives the most reputation; the follow-ups are there for those who want to invest more time. (WarcraftDevs)

Garrisons

What happened to the Garrison Mage Tower in 6.2? The Amperial Construct have gone all buggy and doesn't work 100% of the time

(1) There was a bug where players would fall through the world, so some pathing logic was added. (WarcraftDevs)

(2) This isn’t an ideal solution, so Amperial Construct will teleport you instantly in a small future patch. (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets

While the developers have been pretty quiet since @WarcraftDevs appeared, Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Developer Communication

What are the lessons learned under the one voice of & multiple voice of now? How to improve going forward? #WarlordsQA

I think multiple voices are always better but one is better than none. (OccupyGStreet)

Remember when he basically told the player base they had to play better? Or nerfing paladins to the ground?

To be clear, I did encourage players to take dungeon strategy more seriously. That wasn't sarcasm. (OccupyGStreet)

If you refer to the origin of the "to the ground" meme I was apologizing to players for not announcing a nerf. (OccupyGStreet)

And I hadn't announced the nerf because I was on vacation. I wrote "to the ground" at a vineyard. (OccupyGStreet)

Anyway, extreme sarcasm is probably a defense mechanism of mine. (OccupyGStreet)

But I like that sarcasm helps convey that I don't take myself too seriously. (OccupyGStreet)

It's rough on non-English speakers though. Chinese journalists had me raise my hand when I was being sarcastic. (OccupyGStreet)

Because for them this shit is SO FREAKING SERIOUS. They forget that even great games are activities of leisure. (OccupyGStreet)

For me, most importantly, multiplayer games are about hanging out with friends. (OccupyGStreet)

Sure, not all players would vote, but a good bunch would, which should be very valuable data on said subject.

A public poll has many problems but targeted queries can be very effective. We use them. (OccupyGStreet)

Curious what kind of problems. I think that presetting the proper expectations for it to the players would solve most of them

It's not a random sampling, potential for influence, potential for fraud off the top of my head. (OccupyGStreet)

Game Design

Players micromanaging dev teams is obv silly. But concerns over individual leads seem... less silly.

It's still really hard for players on the outside to reverse engineer which lead led to which change. (OccupyGStreet)

That's why I always advise players to just stick with the change itself. (OccupyGStreet)

Poll - Raid Loot Method

Which raid loot method is your guild using now that Personal Loot has been improved?

Warcraft Movie Props

ComingSoon.net posted two images of some Warcraft movie props from the convention floor. We saw some of these at Blizzcon 2014.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/500 ... ovie-Props
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News