Warcraft Movie Teaser, July 8 Hotfixes, Racials and PvP, Blu

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 09 Jul 2015, 07:00

Warcraft Movie Teaser, July 8 Hotfixes, Racials and PvP, Blu

Wyatt Cheng on Conduit Changes, No Season 4 Date, Changes to Rifts and GRs

The Innkeeper’s Tale - A Rattlin’ Rally, Brawl: The Great Summoner Competition

Suspensions and Bans, July 8th Hotfix Notes, Map Pool, Epic Plays of the Week #37

Warcraft Movie Teaser

Legendary released a nice teaser for the Warcraft movie tonight. This is best viewed with their app on your phone, as it is a 360 spherical video. The video below will not give you the same experience.

We contacted them to ask if recording would be allowed during the presentation and if they would release the footage from it to the public, but only got confirmation that no recording will be allowed.

Warcraft Movie at SDCC

Blizzard shared some pictures of the Warcraft Movie statues at SDCC.

Mythic Hellfire Citadel Progression

Method is still ahead at 12/13 today. You can keep up with the latest progress on WoWProgress, our forum thread, and Manaflask.

Patch 6.2 Hotfixes - July 8

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Creatures and NPCs

Tanaan Jungle

Quests

Garrison Quests

• [Requires a realm restart] Fixed an issue where completing daily assault objectives in Tanaan Jungle was incorrectly also granting completion credit for daily assault objectives in the Garrison.
Spires of Arak

• Call of the Raven Mother: Fixed an issue where interacting with items during the ritual was causing player pets to use their abilities.

Raids and Dungeons

Hellfire Citadel

Tyrant Velhari

• Fixed a timing issue that could cause Tyrant Velhari to use the incorrect finishing move just as a transition into the next stage happened.
Xhul'horac

• Adjusted scaling to reduce the amount of health by roughly 10% on Xhul'horac, Omnus, Unstable Voidfiend, and Vanguard Akkelion for a 10-player raid on Normal and Heroic difficulty. Health should remain the same as before for raids with 30 players.
Mannoroth

• Mannoroth no longer transforms back into a skeleton after being defeated.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Gazing Shadows to sometimes not reduce movement speed.

PvP

Ashran

• Fixed a number of issues affecting Ashran events that could cause characters to drop out of stealth effects.

Items

• Increased stat bonuses for critical strike, Versatility, Stamina, and Spirit on all Wild Gladiator (Warlords Season 2) trinkets by 50%.

UI

• Clicking “Join Raid” in the Adventure Guide should now open the Premade Groups menu instead of Raid Finder.

Classes

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Armor Sets

• Yesterday's hotfix on July 7 for Tier-18 4-piece set bonus for Mistweaver Monks should now be healing for the correct amount.

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Talents

• Yesterday’s hotfix on July 7 that reduced the healing of Execution Sentence by 25% in PvP combat now only applies to Holy Paladins. It has been returned to its previous effectiveness for Retribution and Protection Paladins.

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Warcraft Movie Trailer at SDCC

Well, as the Legendary Comic-Con page says:

Legendary’s Hall H panel will be taking place on Saturday from 2:30pm-3:30pm, and hosted by Chris Hardwick of Nerdist. WARCRAFT fans in particular, you will not want to miss it. (Hint, hint!)

Anyone at Comic-Con this week/weekend should certainly fit the Legendary panel into their schedule. I've gone quite a few times and I'm pretty consistently surprised at how many times I'm told I'll never get in, or that I need to camp for days, when I always show up just a little early that morning and get into the hall with room to spare. If you're there, it's not as crazy as everyone makes it out to be. In my experience anyway. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Racials and PvP

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

So, we agree that Every Man for Himself is a problem. It's one that we want to fix. It's also a more complicated issue to solve than it may initially seem. We want to reduce the effectiveness of the Human racial, but we don't want to leave Humans with a useless racial either.

With Patch 6.2, we reduced the effectiveness of on-use trinkets which, in turn, reduced the relative strength of having two throughput trinkets equipped. Today, we’ve just pushed a hotfix that increases the raw stats on the Medallion trinkets (e.g. Versatility, Crit, Stamina, or Spirit) by 50%.

Our intent with both of these changes is to still allow Humans to benefit from equipping two throughput trinkets, but reduce how much of a benefit that is when compared to equipping a Medallion enough that other racial abilities feel more competitive. We'd love to hear how this change is working out once you've had a chance to play with it a little.

Re: "Why not just get rid of racials entirely?"

We like racials. It's cool that there's a subtle difference for, say, a Rogue who chooses Orc instead of Undead, or a Priest who picks Night Elf instead of Dwarf. It makes each race feel different in a way that isn't just cosmetic. It's only a problem when one is so much better than the others that you feel stupid for playing anything else.

Realistically, sure, there will probably always be a "best" race -- just like there will probably always be a "best" healer, or "best" comp, etc. That's to be expected. We just want things to be close enough that there's some room for difference of opinion on what exactly the "best" option is.

Looking through this thread and some responses on Twitter, I'm already seeing some people saying "Humans are still the best" and some people saying "Humans are worthless now." That's a good thing, I think. It means the difference is small enough that there's a discussion to be had.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Character / Items

Disgusting Oozeling no longer turns the owner green, intentional or bug?

Bug. (Muffinus)

PvP

Weird every Ashran Instance I have joined since 6.2 is 5-10 Horde and 40 or more Alliance. Lots of bots running around too.

Strange. We strictly enforce a 1:1 ratio. Even if a bunch of horde leave, the server gets priority to be filled back to 1:1 (holinka)

We look at the realm populations constantly and they are all 1:1. Every single instance of Ashran. (holinka)

have the queue times gone done noticeably ? I still get 1-2 hrs on average.

My alliance toon is currently in a 40 min queue. Better but still unacceptable. (holinka)

Flying in MMOs

Margaret is back with another video that takes a look at flying in MMOs.

Poll - Flying in Draenor

There are two different questions this time, please read them carefully!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/500 ... lying-Poll
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News