LFR HFC Wing 2, 6.2 Garrison Campaign, July 14 Hotfixes, Blu

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 15 Jul 2015, 08:00

LFR HFC Wing 2, 6.2 Garrison Campaign, July 14 Hotfixes, Blu

2000% Bonus Legendary Find Now Active on PTR, PTR Going Offline for a Possible fix to "Terminated Games"

Champions: They Come in all Shapes and Sizes, Deck Spotlight: Budget Shockadin

Eternal Conflict Shop Additions, Leoric Hero Spotlight, Hero Rotation Update

Hellfire Citadel - Raid Finder Wing 2

The next wing of Raid Finder difficulty Hellfire Citadel opens this week, allowing access to Hellfire High Council, Kilrogg, and Gorefiend. Wing 3 opens July 28.

Patch 6.2 - Garrison Campaign

The last chapter of the Garrison Campaign ends this week if you have been keeping up with it.

Mythic Hellfire Citadel Progression

Five guilds are still at 12/13. You can keep up with the latest progress on WoWProgress, our forum thread, and Manaflask.

Patch 6.2 Hotfixes - July 14

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Quests

Garrison Campaign

• Oronok's Offer: Players should now be able to obtain Oronok Torn-Heart as a follower. Players who have already completed “Cipher of Damnation” should return to the Corrupt Refuge where the quest ended to acquire and complete this quest.

Classes

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Talents

• Hand of Purity's Purity effect should no longer incorrectly cancel if the target is struck by melee attacks.

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Fel Lord Zakuun 1 Shotting Tanks

An unrelated hotfix broke this - sorry, I know it sucks to run into a brick wall on a farm night due to a bug. We're working on it, but it's not likely to be fixed within the next 30-60 minutes or so, for anyone who has a raid stalled and is waiting on an immediate solution. It will be fixed by tomorrow, for sure. But hopefully sooner.

We just applied a hotfix for this issue, and phased/invisible Wakes should no longer be blowing up the raid. The hotfix may take a few minutes to take effect, but please let us know if you continue to see these issues.

Since the fix seems to not have worked, we'll be looking into a different solution, but I have no ETA to offer other than "as soon as possible." (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Flying

They're probably trying to hold flying off as long as possible, They didn't want to add it.

The next minor patch will be up for testing as soon as possible. We're actively working on it. (WarcraftDevs)

Character / Items

Just wondering if it is intentional that you can get 'The Consuming Void' rare mission multiple times - Reward is an herirloom

It's intended. The heirloom comes in a bag that is unbound and can be traded or sold. (WarcraftDevs)

Do you feel the melee trinket from Supreme Lord Kaz is to weak compared to the caster one?

It’s definitely not a competitive DPS trinket, nor is it trying to be. It’s more a potentially interesting utility option. (WarcraftDevs)

Soaring Skyterror engine sounds during flight intended? or simple oversight?

Not intended. A new sound set is required. This should be fixed in the minor patch that enables flight. (WarcraftDevs)

PvP

just stay calm.Remove EMFH and anyone tell bad things to you.Just remove it pls save the PvP

Mental experiment: What if Wild Gladiator's Medallion of Adaptation had +3000 Versatility. How good would EMFH be? (holinka)

Garrisons

any reason why demolishers from engy building had attack speed slowed in 6.2? they were only good for invasions/world boss :-(

The no-CD attack speed allowed for many, many, many attacks at once. This was not intended. (WarcraftDevs)

Do i need to wait the full expiration of an abrogator mission via ships to get the runes missions? I've had it since last week.

Timeout was added in a future update, but you should run the mission to get to the runes missions. (1/2) (WarcraftDevs)

The update, unfortunately, will only apply to missions not already in progress. (2/2) (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets

Ghostcrawler has recently provided longer answers to some questions than tweets would allow.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

What would you say is the holy grail of a system designer?‎

Someone who can identify a potential design problem (often before players do) and suggest the perfect design change to solve that problem. "Perfect" means a lot here -- it has to resonate with players, it has to be easy to implement, it has to future-proof the problem, and so on.

The problem could be something like a bug fix or something like a game missing a major feature that will help keep players engaged for time to come.

What made you decide to leave WoW for League?

I had been working on WoW for six years and it was largely the same work for those six years. I realized I had started to get a little bored and I feared that boredom would lead me to making designs that entertained me as a designer, but weren't actually good for players. I looked around at other opportunities and none of them really spoke to me, though I strongly considered Diablo. I was a big Overwatch fan, but that team was pretty full on designers, and I didn't want them to have to create a space for me. I like solving problems and I get bored when there aren't a lot of problems dropped in my lap to solve.

Speaking of which, Blizzard was a mature company by that time. It still had (and probably has) some problems as an organization, as I'm sure any current employee would freely admit. And I don't want to give the impression that it's some deeply flawed company. It's not. It was a great place to work and I am still really close to a lot of my friends there. But the problems that remained to be solved were deep-seated, hard-to-solve problems, the kind that take radical culture shifts to address. They may not even be critical problems to solve, but they didn't feel like problems I was going to get a lot of traction on, and like I said, I get bored when I'm not doing just that.

I'll give you just one example. Blizzard has a lot of folks who have been there a long time. That makes it difficult to carve off leadership opportunities for the next generation of high performers. If you want to be a lead, and your team has a roster of stable leads, and every team has a roster of stable leads, where is your potential for upwards mobility? Many mature organizations with low turnover have this problem, but as I said, it's a hard one to solve!

But then we come to Riot. Here is a pretty young company with a lot of young developers and a whole lot of new company problems to solve. But I saw right away that many of them were the kinds of things I was good at solving. I knew how to fix that shit. I knew I'd be able to make a big difference at a young company and quickly.

Now solving problems is fulfilling and all, but it still wouldn't be a good fit if I wasn't aligned with the company values. But holy crap that ended up being such a good fit. Riot believes in teams that can act with a lot of autonomy. (I hate being constrained and I love being able to move fast without a lot of gatekeepers.) Riot believes in investing a lot of time in growing and mentorship. (Many of my most rewarding moments in this career have come from just that.) Riot believes in interacting with players. (Any of you who know me know how important it is for me to reach out to players. I'm doing that now!) It's not that I was misaligned with Blizzard values, it's just that the Riot values fit me perfectly.

I do think League is a great game, but there are a lot of great games out there that I could have worked on. I chose League because of Riot.

What has been your most frustrating moment during your time as a game developer?‎

I'm not sure I could come up with the *most* frustrating. It was probably a bug I couldn't fix or an editor crashing and losing hours of work.

Microsoft killed a lot of cool Ensemble game pitches for what seemed like bad reasons. That was frustrating. I wanted to be more bold with the design of WoW than was probably prudent for the game, but it was a little frustrating. Whenever players try to reverse-engineer why we make certain decisions and conclude its some internal political reason I get frustrated. When they claim we're out of touch or don't care, I get frustrated.

Heroes - Episode 2: Lord of Terror

Carbot has released the second episode of the Heroes series.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/501 ... bot-Heroes
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News