Solo Kazzak Kill, 6.2 Pepe Achievement, Blue Tweets, Overwat

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 20 Jul 2015, 00:00

Solo Kazzak Kill, 6.2 Pepe Achievement, Blue Tweets, Overwat

Upcoming PTR Wipe and Patch

Obtaining the Galaxy Gifts Card Back & 3 Free Packs, Deck Spotlight: Budget Friendly Decks, Card Design Competition #25

Brawl With the Blues July 22nd, Fan Art Contest Winners Revealed

Supreme Lord Kazzak - Solo Kill

Raegwyn is back with another solo kill, this time of Supreme Lord Kazzak!

Mythic Hellfire Citadel Progression

Paragon is now also 13/13! You can keep up with the latest progress on WoWProgress, our forum thread, and Manaflask.

Patch 6.2 - I Found Pepe! (Or Not!)

Everyone's favorite bird got some new costumes and an achievement (I Found Pepe!) in Patch 6.2.

Interestingly, we haven't come across anyone with the achievement yet. There also have been no new Pepe NPCs added to the database so far.

So far, 1.31% of players have the What A Strange, Interdimensional Trip It's Been achievement, up from 0.41% when we checked back in May.

Level Type Name
1Other A Tiny Plated Helm
1Other A Tiny Viking Helmet
1Other A Tiny Pirate Hat
1Other A Tiny Ninja Shroud

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Lore

Probably dark shamans were in training until 5.3. Reasons similar to why he used other Horde races, I guess.

Garrosh got crazier and more xenophobic after he brought the heart back to Org, influence of the old god (Muffinus)

didn't say he was immune due to the Divine Bell or some other Mogu method?

Divine Bell was destroyed during Breath of Darkest Shadow iirc (Muffinus)

yes, but unless I misread the tweet, it was said that caused Garrosh to wield the heart without corruption

He didn't get corrupted... at first. OG's can still mess with you mentally, e.g. your heart will explode. (Muffinus)

Hey Muffinus, I recall you stating that fel magic uses souls, so would fel magic be both a form of chaos magic and soul magic?

Some chaos magic does, some doesn't, some shadow magic does, some doesn't, it's like a reagent for some spells, e.g. Soulburn. (Muffinus)

Reputation / Questing

Personal, frequent, weekly story helps hide the grind. Is that difficult to include, and might we expect more next expansion?

Ah, I normally try to avoid game specifics like that. I don't want my personal twitter to be another source of WoW news. (craig_amai)

Yeah, we love making the more crafted story pieces to punctuate the max-level experience. We're aimed at more and better. (craig_amai)

Difficult might not be the right word, but it's fair to say that they take time, so there are limits to how many we can craft. (craig_amai)

Ghostcrawler Tweets

While the developers have been pretty quiet since @WarcraftDevs appeared, Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Developer Communication

Why is the person it's easiest to get answers from regarding past and present WoW design philosophies someone who no longer works for the company and should be answering Qs from a much larger player base about an entirely different game?

I answer the questions I get. I think a lot of WoW players still know who I am and League players are still discovering how to reach me. I'd much prefer to talk about League.

is communication from one person on a big game design team better or easier for designers interacting with players?

Personally, I think it's better when everyone communicates. That's the Riot strategy. I think it feels authentic to players (OccupyGStreet)

I can also see why some prefer to use one person. Keeps other people from saying stuff you shouldn't say. But that also puts

My entire department is encouraged, if not required, to get out there and talk to players. (OccupyGStreet)

I'd rather just clarify when someone errs than have a system designed to be so rigid that nobody ever makes a mistake. (OccupyGStreet)

Game Design

"I could stay after work and make this a good game... Naaaaah." *faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*

It's typically more "I could fix this UI bug that happens in 0.5% of 5 year old graphic cards or I could add a new feature." (OccupyGStreet)

My professional opinion is that success has less to do with features and more to do with where the players are. (OccupyGStreet)

Right because players just mindlessly migrate, they don't care about things like "features." God you are thick.

It's not mindless at all. They tend to go where their friends are, and the switching cost of large groups of friends is high. (OccupyGStreet)

This is not restricted to video games. History is full of better products that couldn't convince users to convert to them. (OccupyGStreet)

OTOH, users will convert to new things that they didn't know they needed before. (OccupyGStreet)

So my point was 'tis better to create a new niche than to try and shove someone out of an existing one. (OccupyGStreet)

Do you think the constant queueing up and convenience system that WoW has now is better for an MMO? Should travelling exist?

I have a love/hate relationship with queueing for any game, even League. (OccupyGStreet)

Queuing provides an easy excuse not to make or play with friends. (OccupyGStreet)

It also gives players motivation not to resolve problems since everyone is replaceable. (OccupyGStreet)

And yet! So few players would play a game like League or WoW if we forced them to manually build a group. (OccupyGStreet)

I know that's a cop out answer but I think about this a lot. At best you can provide better rewards for premades. (OccupyGStreet)

Yet premades already come with a lot of inherent bonuses and it's still often too inconvenient. (OccupyGStreet)

At the time you left WoW, comparing to the WoTLK days, was there a difference in the level of passion that the blizzard game designers had? I feel that over time they have grown less passionate and even complacent, and the result glaringly shows in WoD.

I didn't notice a difference in passion from my point of view. Those guys pour their soul into their work. I'm not up to speed on the design so I really don't feel like I can comment, but I wouldn't try to interpret it as the developers not caring. They care very much. Disappointing you kills them.

Poll - Timewalking Event

Are you doing some Timewalking during this bonus event?

Overwatch - Solider 79 Dev Q&A

Overpwn has a nice recap of the Dev Q&A this week. One important note is the increased field of view. If players don't like the new FoV, they can turn it back down.

Hearthstone - Galaxy Cardback Tutorial

Hearthpwn has a nice tutorial on how to get the new cardback without a Galaxy S6 phone.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/502 ... y-Cardback
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News