Timewarped Badge Rewards, September 2 Hotfixes, Tweets, GW2

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 03 Sep 2015, 07:00

Timewarped Badge Rewards, September 2 Hotfixes, Tweets, GW2

Reddit Q&A Round-up

Brawl: It's Raining Mana, Season Issues Update, CDC Finalist Voting, Headed to Legend S18

Rotation for Sept. 1, 2015, Upcoming Shop Sales, Kharazim Cost Reduction and Lore

Patch 6.2.2 - Timewarped Badge Rewards

The developers confirmed the mount is intended to take a long time to earn.

Patch 6.2.2 Hotfixes - September 2

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Raids and Dungeons

Siege of Orgrimmar

• Spoils of Pandaria

• Spoils of Pandaria can now be started by 1 player (down from 5) on Raid Finder difficulty.

PvP

General

• Winning an Arena Skirmish match now award 40 Honor Points and 25 Conquest Points (up from 20 Honor Points). Skirmishes continue to award bonus Honor if a match goes on for an extended period of time.
  • [Hotfix in testing] Mercenary Mode is now only available to level-100 characters.

Bug Fixes

• A number of Gnomish NPCs should no longer be unfashionably early in dressing up for Feast of Winter Veil.
  • Fixed an issue with a patch of ocean between Tanaan Jungle and Ashran that could cause characters to disconnect if they fly or swim over it.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Is timewarped gear ment to scale with your level? Warped gear i got at lv70, is still lv70 gear even tho i'm 100 now.

No, Timewarped gear scales to your current level when created, but remains fixed there. (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets

Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Developer Communication

How about this question instead: "what can developers do if they actually care about engaging meaningfully with (at least some section) of their playerbase?"

Great question.

Let me say first that I don't want to come off across as the grandmaster of this shit. I make a ton of mistakes.

1) Don't come across as arrogant. This is really hard because you do want to come across as confident. Players don't want to hear that you really have no idea what you're doing. I try to couch things in terms of intentions or goals rather than promises or certainties. I try not to take myself too seriously.

2) Show empathy. Chances are the players are engaging because your game is important to them. Their idea or suggestion may be ridiculous. It might ruin the game. That doesn't matter. You still need to put yourself in their shoes and understand *why* they are saying what they are saying. This can be as simple as acknowledging that the player is upset. Being upset is a totally valid way for them to feel! Players are often better at detecting problems than they are at suggesting solutions. Try and understand the problems they are trying to solve. But at the same time, don't dismiss or belittle their suggestions, even if they aren't feasible.

3) Build trust. This can take a long time and unfortunately can erode quickly. But if you have a reputation then players will often forgive the mistakes that you are almost invariably going to make.

4) Be authentic. This is a great way to build trust. Be as honest as you can. Don't leak information or throw colleagues under the bus, but otherwise try and be transparent about your reasoning. Admitting mistakes here can help a lot.

5) Don't get sucked into arguments. Yeah, I know: sometimes people on the internet are wrong. But it's not your job to win arguments. It's your job to communicate with players. If something has gone back and forth a couple of times, it may be time to move on.

6) Stick to higher ground. This one is tough, but the fact is you are in a position of power since you are the one working on the game. If you pick on a player, even if they made an abusive comment and totally deserve it, you are going to come across as a bully. If you insult someone who insulted you, it's only your comment that will get quoted across the internet.

7) Be transparent about the process. You don't want to convey that your opinion is set in stone, but you also don't want to suggest that it's up to player vote (unless it is). The way I try and describe it is that developers want to make informed decisions. The players provide the information, but the development team makes the final call.

8) Don't get addicted. This is a mistake I see a lot of developers make who are new to community interaction, and no doubt I did it myself on my first job. Having players hang on your every word can be exciting. Making someone happy by promising a change can be rewarding. Just be careful. It's easy to over-promise. It's easy to neglect your day-to-day responsibilities by trying to be too responsive to player engagement. Players would rather have you for a year than every hour for only a week.

Road to BlizzCon – Watch the Americas Regionals Live September 12–13

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Eight teams have qualified for the 2015 World of Warcraft Arena Americas Regionals tournament—one from Latin America, one from Australia and New Zealand, and six from North America. On September 12 and 13, three of those teams will advance to the WoW Arena World Championship at BlizzCon 2015 . . . and five will be heading back home.

You’ll be able to watch the carnage unfold live on Twitch.tv/WoW on September 12 and 13 at 12 p.m. PT—but in the meantime, let’s meet the contenders who’ve risen through the ranks over the past few months

Guild Wars 2 - Base Game Free to Play

ArenaNet made the base Guild Wars 2 game free to play over the weekend! You will still need to purchase the new Heart of Thorns expansion if you want to play the new content, but you can still play the base game for free without purchasing it. You can see the different account restrictions in the official FAQ.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/511 ... ee-to-Play
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News