Legion - Azshara, Restoration Shaman Artifact, Artifact Size

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 08 Jan 2016, 19:00

Legion - Azshara, Restoration Shaman Artifact, Artifact Size

Blue Posts Round-Up, What Class Should You Play?

Deck Spotlight: LOKShadow's OTK Combo Warrior, Feugen & Stalagg Need Friends

Dustin Tweets Round-Up, Heroes WTF Moments #32

Legion - Azshara

We found some interesting references to Azshara. Unfortunately there isn't much more than what is below yet. Keep in mind that this is just a reference in an alpha build of Legion, not something final or officially announced. Spoilers below!

Azsuna - "Ten Thousand Years Ago" - The Council at Val'Sharah

Senegos: Ten thousand years ago, I found myself mixed up with a rebel alliance of sorts.

Senegos: This was during the pinnacle of Queen Azshara's power over the elves. Her abuse of magic had grown dangerously strong.

Senegos: We plotted to use the Tidestone of Golganneth against the queen.

Senegos: Cenarius. I can wield the Tidestone, but I must warn you: we risk destroying the entire Well of Eternity!

Cenarius: That, my friend, is precisely the plan.

Illidan: Fah! We need simply to do away with Queen Azshara herself, not the very source of our people's power.

Farondis: I agree. We are firing a cannon at sparrows.

Tyrande: We are fighting the greatest danger our world has ever seen!

Tyrande: Even now, Queen Azshara colludes with demons. She puts our world at risk.

Cenarius: Very well. Prince Farondis, you can secure the Tidestone of Golganneth?

Farondis: I shall have it arranged, Cenarius.

Azsuna - "The Fate of Nar'thalas" - Memory Scene

Attendant: Here it is, my Prince: The Tidestone of Golganneth, one of the seven Stones of Creation, and treasured relic of the kaldorei.

Farondis: Very good. Leave me.

* Attendant leaves.

Farondis: I'm sorry, Cenarius. I believed in your cause, but I couldn't bring myself to turn against...

* Azshara enters.

* Farondis kneels before Azshara.

Farondis: My queen.

Azshara: You've done me a great service today, Farondis.

Azshara: What a shame that you won't LIVE to reap the benefits of my gratitude.

Farondis: ...what?!

Azshara: This whole valley is filled with plotters and schemers.

Azshara: Cavorting with Cenarius behind my back? I will NOT tolerate dissent!

Azshara: You must all be taught a lesson.

* Azshara uses lightning to blow up the Tidestone.

Legion - Artifact Tweets

The Holy Paladin Artifact weapon we recently previewed is intended to be fairly large.

Legion - Artifact Weapon Previews

Today we have the Restoration Shaman Artifact Scepter of Azshara. Some of the shields are missing or incorrect, so don't worry if they look somewhat off or are missing.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Classes

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

My main has been hunter for years. With all the spell removals why does Feed Pet still exist? Pet loyalty is gone.

In this case, it has no impact on keybindings, and minimal potential confusion, so is kept purely for flavor. (WarcraftDevs)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

Remove Curse for Mages _increases_ class fantasy, yet it's being removed, whats the reasoning there?

Removing Curses is not really part of the iconic Warcraft Mage fantasy, and didn’t fit the desired gameplay. (WarcraftDevs)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

Any plans to be able to glyph out the pistol for throwing axes/knives or similar, for the others?

Not currently, though it’s something we'll consider! Primary focus is on creating a strong core fantasy for Outlaws. (WarcraftDevs)

with so much CC stripped away are we going to just be tunneling damage into each other? HOW BORING

CC overall is being reduced. Blind was removed as Subtlety's rotation now includes Cheap Shot. Extremely strong. (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets

Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

of the 3 possibilities you mentioned -incompetent, overworked, lazy- how often is at least 1 of them a factor? i imagine 10%

It's usually not lazy. At the places I have worked, devs are horrified at the thought of disappointing players. (OccupyGStreet)

So in the strictest sense, most of the mistakes we make are those of competence - we make a call that ends up being bad. (OccupyGStreet)

But I originally meant competency in the sense that it's easy to throw colleagues under the bus if you aren't careful. (OccupyGStreet)

Saying "Our engineers couldn't find the bug" out of context invites detractors to say "Well, get better engineers." (OccupyGStreet)

yeah, I'm pretty sure the Pony metaphor was about over-sharing and over-promising.

Early in my career, I communicated everything but ended up sending the message that I was in over my head. (OccupyGStreet)

Yeah, some players have a habit of arguing broken promises as a way to force your hand. (OccupyGStreet)

Some people also REALLY have a hard time confusing with changing one's mind and when one is lying.

Yeah, players should REALLY not want devs to go through with bad ideas just because they were promised. (OccupyGStreet)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/540 ... mog-Tweets
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News