Legion - Vol'jin, Tweets, Setup of the Month, WowCraft Ep 25

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 11 Jan 2016, 03:00

Legion - Vol'jin, Tweets, Setup of the Month, WowCraft Ep 25

PTR 2.4 Going Offline, Extra Stash Clarification

Deck Spotlight: LOKShadow's OTK Combo Warrior, Feugen & Stalagg Need Friends

Stunlock Meta Discussion, Town Hall Heroes Ep. 91

Legion - Vol'jin

We found some interesting references to a conversation involving Vol'jin. Unfortunately there isn't much more than what is below yet. Keep in mind that this is just a reference in an alpha build of Legion, not something final or officially announced. Spoilers below!

When de time comes, you be ready to fight?

If dis only de beginning, ain't gonna be easy. If we fight, everyone gonna be makin' sacrifices.

Vol'jin...

All your instinct be true. Innocent lives be valued, indeed, but dem magics... Demons we ain't been seein' before. I be fearin' dis only be de beginnin'.

Warchief, I understand, but we cannot afford to send everything we have at the Legion. Some of our people are not ready for a war. It is -

It is unfortunate... for all of us, but the time has come to defend our people - all of our people.

Good. Now we all be seein'... united as one, but we also be need'n an old knowledge. Someone who understand dem fel magics from long ago. Someone ta help understand de fight dey be bringin. Helpin' us prepare... for war.

Warchief, even with the might of the Horde behind us, the Legion's power continues to grow. We know neither their numbers nor their true power, but as you said, we know their intentions.

Yes... and we ain't gone be fightin' de Legion alone. It be time we be reachin' out. I be goin' to visit an old friend.

Dem serious times. Tell your people it's time to be gettin' ready. Everybody gettin' ready.

And what of my guards, Warchief? We cannot afford to leave the city in its state. The Legion is threat enough, and the Alliance - the Alliance will surely strike when our guard is down.

Leave 'em. Dem guards be remindin' us of those we lost. They be remindin' us we be one Horde. And dey be remindin' us - ain't nobody be sittin' down when war be upon us.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Character / Items

We have some special-handling in mind for sheathing for things like the fist weapons. They won't be invisible

Please tell me this hasnt been cut

Not cut, still in progress. You will see all artifacts during normal play. (craig_amai)

Temporarily next alpha build it will not be sheathable at all, which is not the final solution. (craig_amai)

Transmogrification

Will we be able to transmog our Artifacts? The artifacts for fury warrior don't really fit my current transmog.

Yes. You will be able to transmogrify your artifacts within the confines of the existing transmog weapon rules. (WarcraftDevs)

Will this include transmogging from one artifact to another, I.E. Titanstrike to the bow IF you have the appearances unlocked?

No. Artifact appearances are NOT available as transmogrification options for other weapons or artifacts. (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets

Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

"Entitlement risk" is a bizarre phrase to use for non-RNG (the lack of RNG undermining the concept of "risk").

Yeah I hesitated to use it but it Twitter isn't great for nuance. (OccupyGStreet)

"Entitlement" can carry connotations for being a spoiled brat, which isn't at all the context I intended. (OccupyGStreet)

But when a reward is not very RNG or too tied to very high skill, you can cause players to expect they WILL earn it. (OccupyGStreet)

Extreme case: play 10,000 games to win something. The intention may be that makes the reward rare. (OccupyGStreet)

Bit the reality may be that you strongly encourage many players to go engage in something that really isn't that fun. (OccupyGStreet)

By contrast most players won't farm a 0.001% drop chance. They don't have the expectation that they WILL get the item. (OccupyGStreet)

Why is it bad to be able to work reliably toward a goal?

Actual skill challenge or RNG make things rare. Long grinds can make players hate their lives (and you). (OccupyGStreet)

The goal may be for a small percent of players to achieve a goal or reward, which is also fine. (OccupyGStreet)

The risk is if devs naively say "We will make this rare by making it super grindy." (OccupyGStreet)

Long term achievable goals can be fun but excessive length to promote scarcity usually doesn't feel good. (OccupyGStreet)

Hey GC, what are your thoughts as a Dev on SWTORs level-sync system? Frankly, I LOVE it. I can play any "zone" at any level!

The risk of level sync is if players feel no sense of accomplishment. "Oh, I am level 15 now but so are those rats." (OccupyGStreet)

Not saying SWTOR has this problem and it's not an Achilles' heel problem, just a consideration. (OccupyGStreet)

Computers - Setup of the Month

Each month or so we will post a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

This month

The current SSD prices are fairly flat right now, with most SSDs under $0.50 per gigabyte when on sale. New GPUs may be coming towards the middle of this year

Depending on how much you want to overclock, you may need to spend a bit more for a better CPU cooler like the NH-D15.

Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or streaming, you do not need the 6700K and should spend that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date. Don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions!

Peripherals/Monitors

ComponentPuppy Dolphin
MonitorASUS VS228H-P 22-Inch Monitor - $100ASUS VS248H-P 24-Inch Monitor - $140
KeyboardKensington Pro Fit Media Keyboard - $24Cyborg V.5 - $58
MouseLogitech G402 - $45Razer DeathAdder - $57
SpeakersCreative A250 2.1 Speaker System - $28Logitech Z313 Speaker System - $35
ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
MonitorDell U2414H Monitor - $240Dell U2715H Monitor - $480
KeyboardLogitech G710+ - $92Corsair K70 - $110
MouseLogitech G502 - $66Razer Naga 2014 - $63
SpeakersLogitech Z323 2.1 Speaker System - $50Logitech Speaker System Z523 - $80

Puppy and Dolphin

All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Puppy and Dolphin.

ComponentPuppy Dolphin
CaseNZXT Source 210 - $45NZXT Source 210 - $45
Power SupplyEVGA 600B - $60EVGA 600B - $60
CPUAMD FX-6300 - $100AMD FX-8320 - $143
HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $30Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $30
MotherboardASUS M5A97 R2.0 - $94ASUS M5A99FX PRO - $120
MemoryKingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1866 - $418GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $46
Graphics CardGigabyte R7 370 - $125R9 380 / GTX 960 - $180 / $170
Hard DriveWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $90Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $90
DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $21Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $21
Total$606$725 - 735

Narwhal and Unicorn

All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn.

ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
CaseCooler Master HAF 912 - $91Corsair Air 540 - $125
Power SupplyEVGA G2 650W - $100EVGA G2 650W - $100
CPUIntel 6600K - $264Intel 6600K - $264
HeatsinkScythe Mugen 4 - $55Noctua 6 NH-D15 - $90
MotherboardASUS Z170-A - $157ASUS Z170-A - $157
Memory16GB Kingston HyperX FURY Black - $8416GB Kingston HyperX FURY Black - $84
Graphics CardXFX R9 380 - $180Gigabyte R9 390 OR GTX 970 - $280 / $320
Hard DriveWestern Digital 2TB Caviar Black - $138Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black - $138
SSDCrucial BX100 250GB (Review) - $84
OR
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB (Review) - $90
SanDisk Extreme PRO 240GB (Review) - $124
OR

SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256GB (Review) - $120
DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $21Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $21
Total$1174 - 1214$1343 - 1423

WowCraft Ep 25 - Illdone (the Burning Crusade)

Another episode of WowCraft has been released!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/541 ... 25-Illdone
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News