Legion - Druid Tier 19, Elemental Shaman Artifact Intro and

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 18 Jan 2016, 03:00

Legion - Druid Tier 19, Elemental Shaman Artifact Intro and

Furious Charge Animation Cancel, Inspect on 2.4, Mercy Wings, Minor 2.4 Patch and Hotfixes, Starter Builds

Popular Constructed Decks of the Week, Deck Spotlight: Coin Malygos Rogue, Diablo 3 Season 5 Begins

Heroes Rising Winners, Statistics and Replay Pack

Legion - Druid Tier 19

The latest Legion build added Druid Tier 19 sets!

Elemental Shaman Artifact Intro

Elemental Shaman will finally run into Li Li and Chen again!

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Classes

Somewhat concerned that you're hitting tank AM instead of healer passives like Beacon of Light.

Passive healing is a huge contributor to the problem as well, and we plan to shift their healing to be more direct. (WarcraftDevs)

Can you clarify "more survivability than a non-tank [...] don’t necessarily need to be [...] more sturdy."

Currently tanks are up to 50x as sturdy as a non-tank. We don't think there needs to be that stark of a difference. (WarcraftDevs)

Was really hoping we'd move more towards mop style tanking, i.e. good tanks are self sufficient with passive heals

That ends up taking gameplay away from healers. It’s possible to have good tanks be better, and for healers to <1/2> (WarcraftDevs)

still have tank-healing gameplay. <2/2> (WarcraftDevs)

the tank changes appear to make tanking more passive and more boring as a result. Disappointing

Passive is definitely not the goal. We think that going from 90% to 60% AM uptime increases skill/impact of choices. (WarcraftDevs)

How does increased, focused "tank healer" dependency possibly jive with the new Disc PR spec, most notably in a 5-man PUG?

Tried it? Have Shadow Mend and the new Mind Blast not handled tank healing well enough for you? (Celestalon)

RE: Tank change post, please make sure AM tweaks are accounted for in old fights with mechs that ref AM directly

We plan to! We welcome any bug reports and feedback on this. (WarcraftDevs)

it doesn't. it really really does not. it just makes clunky, slow combat. choice = having more abilities to choose from.

We are definitely open to feedback on this! Make sure to read this post for more details: https://t.co/ICSdAkgtoJ (WarcraftDevs)

Hey boss the colors on these https://t.co/STGjZQY33Q resemble mounts but I see no saddles. Are these tameable mechs by chance?

Yep! (Muffinus)

Character / Items

Does the Artifact Talent to increase PW:Radiance's healing also apply to shadow covenant? (since it replaces PW:R)

Yep! Talents that replace base spells receive the same bonuses from their respective Artifact Traits. (WarcraftDevs)

Lore

What's up with Magni?

He's been having a hard time of it recently, but he's stone-cold, that Magni. Still rockin' it. (craig_amai)

Ghostcrawler Tweets

Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

What is the value in actively making something only 1% of your playerbase gets to enjoy? Also, more people own Thoridal and the Warglaives than Shadowmourne, Fangs, Valanyr or Dragonwrath. Can't just be age

From a player point of view, there can be a lot of prestige in having something that few players get. You certainly used to see this with the original WoW legendary weapons when players would hang out in IF/Org just so other players could come fawn over them. I did it with my tier 2 tank armor and Quel'Serrar.

To achieve that as a player, you have to a) be able to acquire something that b) other players can't easily (if ever) get. Having very low drop rates really hurts A because you can't just set your sights on a goal. The RNG will trump whatever commitment you throw at the game. It is however very good at B because it has the same effect on other players.

Long time commitments delay acquisition, but they don't really keep the items rare. The Long Strange Trip Protodrake was "hard" to get in that you had to be very dedicated for a long period of time (and IIRC there was some luck thrown in there as well) but when they were first available, many players had them and more got them over time, and in fact, the existence of that mount pushed us to just make very fast mounts something everyone could acquire.

As more and more players were able to achieve things that used to be rare, say a legendary or High Warlord's PvP gear, the bragging rights diminished. I worked on WoW for 6 years and played it for maybe 8 and even I couldn't tell you who were the elite raiders or gladiators in Mists just by seeing their armor.

What I'm arguing is that maybe that's inevitable. Maybe the time of "Check out that tauren's armor!" passed. Maybe there isn't a way to keep rare things really rare in ways that don't feel shitty to players. However, *if* you decide as a developer that it's important to have rare rewards, I believe the only way to keep them rare is low drop rates. Making them require massive skill or time investment just aren't sufficient any longer.

Final Boss - Elemental Shaman

Final Boss took a look at Elemental Shaman this week.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/542 ... iew-Tweets
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News