Legion - Illidan's Past, Red Cloud Mount Updated, Blue Tweet

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 05 Jul 2016, 18:00

Legion - Illidan's Past, Red Cloud Mount Updated, Blue Tweet

Analyzing Group Dynamics & Next Steps, Season 7 Rewards, Conquests & Haedrig's Gift

Brode on Adding Cards to Classic Set, Deck Spotlights: Patron Warrior, Dragon Shaman, MalyLock

Portals feat. Medivh, Weekly Rotation & Sales July 5th, Percentage Damage & Vehicles

Legion - Illidan's Past

One of the nice quest lines in Legion allows you to witness key moments from Illidan's past, rewarding you with an item level 840 helm that lets you sense demons and item level 825 gloves.

Level Name Rewards Objective
110Goddess Watch Over YouMeet Archmage Khadgar in Dalaran.
110In the House of Light and ShadowTake the Tears of Elune to Light's Heart in your Order Hall.
110AwakeningsWitness the Awakening of Illidan Stormrage in Val'sharah.
110An Unclear PathWitness Illidan's Resilience at the Dreamgrove in Val'sharah.
110Ravencrest's Legacy
Pick one:
Experience Ravencrest's Legacy at Black Rook Hold in Val'sharah.
110In My Father's HouseWitness Illidan's Sacrifice in Azshara on the continent of Kalimdor.
110Destiny Unfulfilled
Pick one:
Witness True Betrayal in Shadowmoon Valley on the fringes of Outland.

Legion - Red Flying Cloud Update

Legion makes a few tweaks to the Red Flying Cloud mount, changing the cloud under it and adding a trail when it is flying on the ground.

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

UI / Addons

are you sure there are no better ways to promote the use of the new action cam? Pls keep CVar settings or make them visible.

"Action Cam" is an unsupported experiment that was left in because players were having fun with it. No connection to this change (WatcherDev)

Pets and Pet Battles

speaking of skipping content, any thought on skipping pet battle animations? Some aren't fun to watch numerous times.

Let us know if you feel some take too long, we can make them punchier. (Muffinus)

Reputation / Questing

Oh man. Having done Tanaan Intro something like 40 times, Holgar Stormaxe is my favourite Legion addition so far!

oh man I can even skip them if I did them on a different faction this is the bestest! Thanks Recruiter Lee

Did you know: you can skip the intro to Legion on alts and get right into the class-specific arty quest? (Muffinus)

Bonus Did U Know: all skipped quests and the Legion pre-launch lore can be accessed at any time from an Archivist in Dalaran if you skipped. (Muffinus)

Clarification request: This includes the Kara/Uld scenarios, right?

Correct. (Muffinus)

The hardest part about designing is designing the mechanism that lets players skip your content. (Muffinus)

Ghostcrawler Tweets

Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

I would say you must be respectful of your players and not take stupid risks with them. Hard to justify risk aversion though. (OccupyGStreet)

Minor risks sure, but a massive overhaul of every spec in the game was way too much IMO. I don't think it will end well.

As a player, I was sad when the WoD strategy seemed to be minimal class change. I am more excited about Legion class change. (OccupyGStreet)

But your point is well taken and there are examples of games that changed too much and lost the magic that they had. (OccupyGStreet)

We will have to agree to disagree on the characterization of WoD class changes as "minor." As BM hunt, I lost quite a bit.

I didn't play WoD so I will defer to your experience. When I was there, the strategy was to minimize change. (OccupyGStreet)

It has now led to the complete removal of permanent aspects, replaced by short duration cooldowns with the same names.

I have opined before about the difficulty of designing things like aspects / stances / paladin seals. (OccupyGStreet)

With the exception of say SC siege tanks, it's tough to have modal abilities feel like a real choice and still satisfying. (OccupyGStreet)

Final Boss - Restoration Shaman Spec Preview

Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/580 ... an-Preview
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News