Vengeance DH Spell Animations, Blue Posts, Build of the Mont

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 11 Jul 2016, 00:00

Vengeance DH Spell Animations, Blue Posts, Build of the Mont

Mouse Sale: Amazon has the G502 mouse on sale

Double Blood Shard Weekend, Season 6 Ending Soon

Popular Decks of the Week for July 10

Heroes WTF Moments #57, Heroes Funny & WP Moments #74

Behind the Scenes with Sombra - July 21st at Comic-Con, Leaver Skill Rating Calculation Change

Legion - Vengeance Demon Hunter Spell Animations

With the pre-expansion patch approaching and new spell animations mostly finalized, we are going back and finishing up our series of previews.

Warcraft Movie Update

Warcraft has now been released for at least a week in all markets. There is a nice interview about the work ILM did on the movie here.

• The movie is up to $430M worldwide now.
  • When doing motion capture, up to nine orcs could be displayed in real time, superimposed over the actors on the monitors and through the lens for the camera operators.
  • Baby Thrall was one of the hardest characters to get right, designed for maximum cuteness with the right amount of Orc.
  • ILM worked on the movie in some capacity from Comic-Con 2013 to April 2016.
  • Over 1,000 people were working on the movie effects at one point.

Grove Warden Mount Availability

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hopefully not too off-topic... While this testing is going on - anyone know if the moose is still dropping at 100% in heroic on the PTR? Never was any confirmation that I could find if it was going away in the pre-patch (like the SoO wolf) or going away at Legion launch. Important for guild planning. Thanks in advance.

The Remnant of Chaos that awards the Grove Warden should be available until Legion launches on August 30 (along with the guaranteed Mythic mounts becoming rare drops). We'll have a blog in the very near future with details about what's changing when.

Shop Helm Transmogrification Updates

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

With the upcoming Transmogrification system updates coming in Legion, the purchasable helms from the Shop— Crown of Eternal Winter, Hood of Hungering Darkness, and Jewel of the Firelord —will automatically be added to your Collection within the Appearances tab.

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

On PTR & Beta Stability

We're aware of the surge of reports in the last 24 hours, no updates but we're working on it. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The Emerald Nightmare raid zone is now accessible in Normal difficulty, with Xavius active. Normal difficulty scales from 10 players up to 30, and players must manually form groups to enter the zone. Player level and item level will be scaled accordingly. Please use this thread for feedback. We plan on keeping Xavius available over the weekend. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

In case any groups are feeling curious/generous and want to try out new class mechanics in an all-too-familiar raiding environment, Hellfire Citadel is open on all difficulties on the PTR.

Please use this thread for any bug reports or tuning feedback. With a global nerf aura active now, and taking into account changes like the loss of passive stat raid buffs, the goal is for the zone to feel somewhat easier across the board in 7.0.3 than it does in live 6.2.4. Logs are especially appreciated. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Armory Stats - I Choose You

Today we are taking a look at the "I Choose You" achievements. The data used today is a sample of 2.6 million US and EU accounts that have been active since April 2016. While you wait for your phone to recharge before playing some more Pokemon Go, you could probably go earn one or two!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Name Points Reward

I Choose You Complete the Grand Master Aki quest.

I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim (10 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Runemaster Molgeim as the last member alive in 10-player mode.

I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim (25 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Runemaster Molgeim as the last member alive in 25-player mode.

I Choose You, Steelbreaker (10 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Steelbreaker as the last member alive in 10-player mode.

I Choose You, Steelbreaker (25 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Steelbreaker as the last member alive in 25-player mode.

I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir (10 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Stormcaller Brundir as the last member alive in 10-player mode.

I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir (25 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Stormcaller Brundir as the last member alive in 25-player mode.

Poll - Pokemon Go

Are you playing Pokemon Go?

Build of the Month - July 2016

Each month or so we will post a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

All of the parts on this page are Amazon affiliate links. When you purchase your parts through them it helps support the site!

This month

Important: The GTX 1080 ($700) and GTX 1070 ($450) are here. Unfortunately stock is very limited, resulting in expensive cards. Differnet versions with nicer coolers are starting to come in stock. New cards from AMD are also on the way.

The current SSD prices are fairly flat right now, with most SSDs under $0.50 per gigabyte when on sale.

Depending on how much you want to overclock, you may need to spend a bit more for a better CPU cooler like the NH-D15.

Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or streaming, you do not need the 6700K and should spend that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions!

Peripherals

Narwhal

MonitorDell U2414H Monitor$222
KeyboardLogitech G710+$138
MouseLogitech G502$60
SpeakersLogitech Z323 2.1$50

Unicorn

MonitorDell U2715H$475
KeyboardCorsair K70$110
MouseRazer Naga 2014$62
SpeakersLogitech Z523$81

Puppy and Dolphin

All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Puppy and Dolphin.

Puppy

Updated July 10, 2016
$555

CaseNZXT Source 210$47
Power SupplyEVGA 600B$40
CPUAMD FX-6300$99
HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO$25
MotherboardASUS M5A97 R2.0$105
Memory8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600$37
Graphics CardGigabyte R7 370$110
Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 1TB$70
DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW$22

Dolphin

Updated July 10, 2016
$671

CaseNZXT Source 210$47
Power SupplyEVGA 600B$40
CPUAMD FX-8350$160
HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO$25
MotherboardASUS M5A99FX PRO$115
Memory8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600$42
Graphics CardR9 380 / GTX 960$150 / $180
Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 1TB$70

Narwhal and Unicorn

All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn.

Narwhal

Updated July 10, 2016
$1047

CaseCooler Master HAF 912$63
Power SupplyEVGA G2 650W$90
CPUIntel 6600K$240
HeatsinkScythe Mugen 4$55
MotherboardASUS Z170-A$155
Memory16GB Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4$79
Graphics CardR9 380 / GTX 960$150 / $180
Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 2TB$123
SSDCrucial BX200 250GB OR
Samsung Evo 850 250GB
$70
$92

Unicorn

Updated July 10, 2016
$1282

CaseCorsair Air 540$130
Power SupplyEVGA G2 650W$90
CPUIntel 6600K$240
HeatsinkNoctua 6 NH-D15$88
MotherboardASUS Z170-A$155
Memory16GB Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4$79
Graphics CardGTX 970 OR
GTX 1070
$250
$504
Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 2TB$123
SSDSanDisk Extreme PRO 240GB OR
SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256GB
$105
$127

Final Boss - Elemental Shaman Spec Preview

Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/581 ... al-Preview
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News