Antorus Progression, Dec 14 Hotfixes, PTR Notes, Blue Posts,

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 15 Dec 2017, 05:00

Antorus Progression, Dec 14 Hotfixes, PTR Notes, Blue Posts,

Weapon Rogue: The Legendary Kingsbane's Influence on a Powerful Class

Antorus, the Burning Throne Progression

Exorsus has also managed to clear Antorus!

Patch 7.2.3 Hotfixes - December 14

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Classes

Dungeons and Raids

• Throne of Thunder

• Jin’rokh the Breaker

• Resolved an issue that caused Jin'rokh's Focused Lightning to move faster than intended.

• Antorus, The Burning Throne

• Hounds of Sargeras

• Resolved an issue that could cause Consuming Sphere to inflict periodic damage more rapidly than intended.

Items

• Pantheon's Blessing will now stack.

PTR Development Notes Build 25700

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker)

This week, we’ve implemented a new build that primarily brings bugfixes to the PTR. Our biggest focus for testing remains the new level 1-100 zone and dungeon scaling we’re introducing with 7.3.5. This is an extensive change to how loot, quests, and creatures work in the open world, so we continue to look for as much feedback as we can get about how things are working out.

Thank you so much for all of the feedback you’ve provided so far on leveling in Azeroth. We hope you keep the feedback coming, and we’d like to ask you to especially focus some of your testing on the questlines in these specific zones:

• Blade's Edge Mountains
  • Duskwood
  • Hellfire Peninsula
  • Icecrown
  • Kun-Lai Summit
  • Nagrand
  • Storm Peaks
  • Terokkar Forest
  • Vashj'ir
  • Wetlands

Feedback on the difficulty, pacing, and most importantly, any bugs you might find while completing quests in the above zones would be most helpful. Please post your level scaling feedback here.

We now have Ulduar Timewalking available for testing, and it should be available for the next four days or so. Please post Ulduar Timewalking feedback here.

Also, a heads up—We’re planning a scheduled playtest of the new Seething Shore PvP Battleground. Get ready to Play With The Blues on the PTR on Tuesday, December 19 from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. PST. The Seething Shore is a 10v10 race to gather Azerite on an island near Silithus, and we hope you’ll be able to join us there and test it thoroughly on Tuesday.

As always, thank you very much for participating in the PTR!

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Method World First Kill

Congrats to Method! It's been interesting watching everyone compete for the World First, and It's awesome to see Method pull through. We will be watching for the World Second and World Third, so good luck to everyone else going for the kill!

Boss got nerfed cause they suck, nothing new to see here.

The boss hasn't been touched In the last couple of days besides some minor bug fixes, so all the latest attempts have definitely been legitimately difficult, but good try!

Efficiency has nothing todo with it, its like saying the todays Warriors are a better basketball team than the 90's Bulls, its still a video game where you move and press 1,2,3,4, this isnt nuclear enginnering, not taking away the current players skills, but one cannot say people werent skilled ages ago if they still spent nearly 15+ hours a day playing a game

I can guarantee you with all the money in the known universe that people are better raiders today than from Vanilla.

100%. Professional raiding as well as raid design have evolved a ton since those days, they are hardly comparable at this point imo.

Ragnaros took 120 days, this is easy in comparison

People also didn’t play 24/h a day 7 days. Week on rotating shifts trying everything in their power to get it.

Or have PTR research, or datamining, or have multiple characters for any scenario of mechanical differences. The list goes on. Higher end raiders while a very fraction of a percent are far more skilled in how they approach fights than they were during Vanilla and even Burning Crusade encounters.

If you dropped a fight like Argus during something like Vanilla with no previous history of encounters or the tools that higher end raiders have now, I think you'd see him live for quite a long time.

Okay, we care why?

More people should care. The world first races are fun to follow for a number of reasons. If you're (general you, I mean) one of those people who is salty about raiding in general, then by all means stay away; but for someone who knows even the slightest bit about how raiding works, following along with the MMO-Champion mythic progression thread for each raid is by turns fascinating and hilarious.

Fascinating because I will never see mythic progression, just like I won't ever play professional football, but I can read the commentary of the various hardcore raiders that contribute to that thread just like I can watch pro ball. Hilarious because sometimes there's more bickering and drama in these extreme high-end raiding guilds than you see in any RP guild.

It's just that, entertainment. However, it's not some peoples cup of tea and that's fine. I personally get super excited about it and love to talk about the race around the office. We even watch some of players that stream it, the rare few that is. It's also a sense of pride, being a player that used to participate in this, seeing it continue through all of the new raid tiers we add.

Even though I'm not a hardcore raider in any sense, I always notice that people on the forums get triggered badly whenever impressive PVE or PVP accomplishments are mentioned in anyway.

Some people get mad seeing things they haven't accomplished like this. We'd have a few more raiders if they weren't so busy posting angrily on the forums about other player's accomplishments. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Tame Beast and Trinket Procs

Your feedback has been heard, and we agree.

We're working on a hotfix that should prevent Tame Beast from triggering trinket procs.

Good luck finding what you seek! (Official Forums)

Overwatch Winter Wonderland Event

The Overwatch Winter Wonderland event is live!

FinalBossTV #158 - Mythic Raiding Discussion

This week FinalBossTV talked to Preheat (Limit), Canya (Method) & Bloo (Big Dumb Guild) about the Mythic race.

HeroStorm - Episode 33 Lunarhahahaha!

Another episode of HeroStorm has been released!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/72 ... -HeroStorm
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News