Mag'har Orc Flirts and Jokes, Mythic Dungeon Invitational -

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 17 Apr 2018, 05:00

Mag'har Orc Flirts and Jokes, Mythic Dungeon Invitational -

Challenge Rift - Week 43

Top Five Highest Win-Rate Witchwood Decks

In-Development: Deckard, New Skins, and More!

Overwatch League 2018: Stage 3 Week 2 Recap

Battle for Azeroth - Mag'har Orc Flirts and Jokes

The latest alpha build added the Mag'har Orc flirts and jokes.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Female

You don't need a Dark Portal... you've already invaded my heart.

Any idea if Saurfang is single? He's got that silver fox thing going on...

A green orc gave me a candy heart that said "I fel for you." I told him he could keep his demon's blood and clobbered him with my mace.

Last person to hit on me learned what "hitting on" really means.

A Bleeding Hollow shaman just flirted with me. At least, I think he did. Either he was winking suggestively or he had just sacrificed an eye.

Just because I'm enjoying your company doesn't mean I don't also want to punch you.

Before we go any further, I need to know... How high is your pain threshold?

Hey... aren't you the one who left that abandoned garrison littering up Frostfire?

Azeroth has so many rules about who you can stab, who you can't stab... who you can punch, who you can't punch... You guys need to loosen up!

The Shattered Hand are legendary warriors, but don't ever ask one of them for a back rub. Trust me on this one... < pained sounds >

Enough of this wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... BLAH! Just let me smash stuff!

I dyed my hair green once. Warchief Hellscream was NOT amused.

You can call me uncorrupted, but I prefer to think of myself as an organic orc.

Drahnor. Draynor? Draanur. Draenor. < Sigh >. I'm just gonna say I'm from Outland.

Male

Is your mother a fire elemental? Because you are smokin' hot!

Care to take a walk with me in the Shadowmoonlight?

Baby, I'm gonna Blackrock your world.

You're not just good looking... you're mok'gora-gous!

My safe word is "zug-zug".

I'm a sensitive guy. Please don't break my mag'heart.

Come on a date with me, and I guarantee you'll be wearing a Black Tooth Grin.

I never met Gul'dan, but I hear he was a nightmare at parties. Always trying to spike the punch bowl...

Azeroth goes through warchiefs like Draenor goes through alternate timelines.

The Laughing Skull clan booed me off the stage at the comedy club. With a name like that, you'd think they'd have a sense of humor!

Try spending a few decades trapped on a planet with fanatical draenei and see how YOU like it!

Ahhhhhh! The chiropractor in Orgrimmar has done wonders for my back.

Stay frosty, my wolves.

My favorite kind of music? Blackrock n' Roll, of course! < guitar sounds >

Skyline. D Soars in China

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The 2018 Mythic Dungeon Invitational (MDI) Regional Group Stage play kicked off on April 13 in China, pitting the top eight performing teams from each region in a best-of-three, double-elimination bracket.

In this season’s MDI, each round begins with a predetermined map and set of affixes, with an increase in key level, and difficulty, as the tournament progresses. The losing team chooses subsequent maps and one of the three affixes. The winner of the regional event (for China, Asia-Pacific, North America and Europe) takes home $6000, and the top two teams move forward to the live global championship event in Ohio this June.

Skyline. D Shines

The most stunning performance came from Skyline.D. The top-seeded team for the region remained undefeated throughout the entire tournament with their consistent, often flawless, execution of mechanics in each dungeon presented to them. They ended the day with 16 deaths across eight matches. Of those deaths, half came during their first foray into Seat of the Triumvirate, in a match with their sister team, Skyline.Top. Their second run through Seat was against Sun Sky, and Skyline.D finished with only two deaths, proving they learned from their previous mistakes.

Back to Basics

During the MDI Time Trials leading up to the regional events, we saw some unorthodox team compositions—sometimes omitting a healer, or even stacking Windwalker Monks or Demon Hunters—to achieve the best combined time to qualify and determine seeding for the regional event. During the China tournament, however, teams leaned toward more traditional team compositions since they did not have the luxury of resetting if the run went horribly wrong. The aptly named No Healer powered through the first round, but their strategy started to break down when they failed to take the first game in subsequent series against CBA, and finalists Sun Sky.

Efficiency was Key

Two themes rang throughout the tournament—clever use of game mechanics and the kill-only-what-you-absolutely-have-to technique—creating make-or-break moments for several teams. The most impressive use of class abilities came from teams Sun Sky and CBA during Black Rook Hold. To start their run, Sun Sky’s Death Knight cast Control Undead on the Risen Arcanist, found among trash packs leading up to the second boss, Illysanna Ravencrest, to prevent it from being killed while clearing the rest of the pack. Next, the Death Knight cancelled Control Undead, which allowed the Mage to Spellsteal Arcane Blitz. This build stacked 50% increased damage per application, which empowered the Mage to obliterate problematic trash packs and crush bosses, while carefully babysitting the Arcanist with Control Undead for the remainder of the dungeon. The strategy worked marvelously for Sun Sky in their victory over No Healer, but it wasn’t enough to overcome Skyline.D due to a 40-second death penalty from eight deaths.

When it comes to killing what you have to, the Rogue spell Shroud of Concealment is one of the strongest tools for skipping unnecessary trash packs. Its cooldown is nearly half that of Invisibility potions at six minutes, and teams with Rogues can essentially double dip on skip opportunities, allowing them to precisely meet the mob count requirement. An alternative method is using single-player or full-team wipes in conjunction with Failure Detection Pylon, an engineer-made item that acts as a weaker version of in-combat resurrection spells. While an incredible time saver, it can also spell doom for a team who kills too few enemies before reaching the final boss, as CBA learned the hard way by killing Xavius before Sun Sky, but falling 2% short on mob count in Darkheart Thicket.

The Action Continues

While there were no overwhelming upsets throughout the tournament Skyline.D proved themselves as a force to be reckoned with. Next week at the Asia-Pacific (APAC) regionals we’ll see if returning champions, Free Marsy, will return to the finals and prove to be a roadblock for Skyline.D. The APAC Regionals start on the official Warcraft Twitch channel at 8 p.m. PDT Friday, April 20.

World of Warcraft Arena Esports Levels Up in Australia and New Zealand

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The 2017 season was a phenomenal year for Australian and New Zealand World of Warcraft Arena esports fans. The region sent three teams to compete in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) Arena World Championship, and for the first time ever, a team from Australia—Team Rock—competed on the global stage at BlizzCon.

As the WoW Arena scene continues to grow in Australia and New Zealand, we’re making a few format changes to reflect that.

Asia-Pacific Regional Finals Are Making the Trip Down Under

For the first time ever, Australia will play host to the APAC regional finals. Three Korean teams and two Taiwanese teams will join the three Australian and New Zealand teams to compete for $50,000 USD—and the winning team will advance to represent the Asia-Pacific region at BlizzCon!

Introduction of Multiple Qualifiers and Points

Starting in May, we’ll be holding four qualifying cups spread over two months instead of a single qualifying event. Each cup will follow the same point structure as the North American cups. After all cups are completed, the three teams from Australia and New Zealand with the most points will qualify for the Asia-Pacific Regional Finals.

Competition Summary

• Four Arena cups
  • $6,000 USD prize pool
  • Top three teams will advance to Asia-Pacific Regional Finals
  • First cup begins on May 11
  • Cups to be broadcast on www.twitch.tv/blizzard_ANZ
  • $50,000 USD Asia-Pacific Regional Finals and progression to BlizzCon

Schedule and Cup Sign-ups

More details on when and how you can follow the action is coming soon, so watch this space.

Dark Legacy Comics #628

DLC #628 has been released!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/75 ... na-DLC-628
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News