Waist of Time Pendulum, Blue Posts, BfA VO Update, EU Beta G

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 26 May 2018, 23:00

Waist of Time Pendulum, Blue Posts, BfA VO Update, EU Beta G

Challenge Rift - Week 48

The HearthPwn Card Design Competition Season 7 Grand Finale!

Heroes 3rd Anniversary, Event Chest & Bundle Changes, Blue Posts, Alarak Fanart

Overwatch Anniversary 2018 Infographic

Battle for Azeroth Beta - Waist of Time Pendulum Removed

Waist of Time was datamined in the last beta build with a swinging pendulum but the recent update seems to have removed it from the cosmetic belt!

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Mage Tower Artifact Appearances

I understand their reasoning; they want this to be a prestigious badge of honor for future expansions, a way of saying "I was there," but I really couldn't be bothered with that. I detest having content removed for the sake of "I was there" trophies, despite having a few of them myself. The Hordebreaker title and the Kor'kron War Wolf/Grove Warden* come to mind for me.

I don't feel at all special for having a few more things in my collection, and why should someone who wants them later on not be allowed to get them? It's a shame, but that's why I always have to scramble to get everything that will be marked unobtainable before they decide to cut it for the sake of cutting it.

Though it can be easy to have a differing opinion here, I believe this is a part of it.

The Mage Tower appearance will be akin to the Legendary Cloaks and other legendary quest lines from recent expansions, wherein it will serve as a badge of honor from Legion saying "I was here" and "I did this".

I personally think trying to keep the Mage Tower challenge balanced and up-to-date would be a bit of a distraction from current content, and it's probably not something the development team would want to devote time to. I'd much rather the development team focus on Battle for Azeroth content, and make something like Mage Tower again in the future when the timing is right.

This isn't anything new, so I encourage you to take opportunities as they are available to try and complete the challenge! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Worgen and Goblin Model Updates

Blizz. What did I tell you about making public announcements and then not following thru? Remember.....its' not good. Do you remember the discussion we had? The internet never forgets Blizz!

We haven't forgotten either! It's still something we want to do and are working on but, there just isn't really anything to update with currently. The last time we talked about it was at the Q&A at BlizzCon where Ion said that we're still working on it but it wasn't going to be in 8.0.

Hopefully soon™ we'll be able to share more info on this. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Assassian Marker Lingering

Yea, its a bug where sometimes the map icon lingers even after the player logs off or is killed. Looking into it, thanks! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Battle for Azeroth Beta - New Voice Over Files

The latest beta build added voice overs for some of the existing broadcast text. You can take a listen below!

Battle for Azeroth Beta Access EU Giveaway

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The battle against the Legion has left the world broken—but the shattered trust between the Alliance and the Horde could prove the hardest wound to mend. Answer the call to arms and help forge the future of Azeroth by taking part in our World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Beta Access Giveaway!

Simply complete the official entry form below by Saturday, June 2 for your chance to win one of 4,000 places in the Battle for Azeroth beta test. For more information on how to participate, check out the giveaway rules. Once your entry is correctly submitted, you will be automatically redirected to the Battle for Azeroth website.

This Week in WoW History

We're taking a look back at old MMO-Champion posts and World of Warcraft news that occurred during this time in previous years.

Keyring Slot

The Keyring bag slot is a relic of the past, that most people probably don’t even remember. In a time when 18 slot bags were the biggest out there, and many unused items taking up bag space, dedicated keyring bag slots were a nice quality of life feature. In patch 4.2 a new feature was added which removed key requirement for most gates in the game, thus eliminating the need for a dedicated key space.

Grand Expedition Yak

Wrath of the Lich King had the Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth, and then Mists of Pandaria got the Grand Expedition Yak. Some may not remember, the initial version of this mount cost 60,000 gold before any discount, and it held two vendors. One of these was the usual Traveling Trader, and the other was an Arcane Reforger. After the Reforge system was removed from the game, that vendor was replaced with a Transmogrifier leading to this mount becoming the famous Transmog Yak.

Cosmetic Class Accessories

Class Accessories such as quivers for Hunters, vials of poison for Rogues, and tomes for Paladins were something that the community has been asking for. In the days of the Cataclysm, and previous expansions, some classes had a Relic slot next to their weapon, but these were never a visual addition to any spec. In 2014 an idea was presented, which would add further customization to characters, and allow cosmetic changes to these Relics without actually affecting the power level of the player.

Overwatch Short: Hero

This short takes place on Dorado, where Alejandra is sent to the store to pick up some flour. On the way, she runs into members of the Los Muertos, who are beating up an Omnic. After this gang steals her money, a mysterious soldier equipped with a Heavy Pulse Rifle and a Tactical Visor takes them on in a fight.

Tomb of Sargeras Preview

The third raid of Legion was featured in the usual Raid Preview blue post in 2017. After fighting through the Broken Shore, players reach the Tomb of Sargeras, the final point of invasion of the Legion. Deep in this temple the Avatar of Sargeras was locked away by Aegwynn’s ward, however after Gul’dan successfully broke it, the Avatar awakens. After defeating the Avatar, players got a chance to fight the demon lord himself, Kil’jaeden.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/76 ... oW-History
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News