Developer Interview, Prot Paladin BfA Feedback, Blue Posts,

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 28 Jun 2018, 22:00

Developer Interview, Prot Paladin BfA Feedback, Blue Posts,

The 2018 Hearthstone Summer Championship Survival Guide

Razorgrin Mount, Weekly Hero Rotation & Sales, HeroStorm Episode 41

New Hero First Look: Wrecking Ball

Developer Interview - Battle for Azeroth

Forbes posted part two of its two part interview with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas about the top things to do in game before Battle for Azeroth launches.

• The Chromie scenario will be unchanged and the rewards will continue to be available in Battle for Azeroth.
  • Class mounts aren't going anywhere.
  • There will be no change to mount and collectible drop rates from outdoor content in Broken Isles or Argus after Legion ends.
  • The tower challenge was tuned around ~905 ilvl and 50 artifact power levels so the addition of max artifact weapons should help lower the stress of the challenge.
  • Most of the challenges are about practicing mechanics more than gear, and should be doable with outdoor-Argus level gear.
  • Mythic Gul'dan and Argus mounts will become rare drops and the Violet Spellwing mount will be unavailable when Battle for Azeroth launches.
  • Legion Brawler's Guild achievements will be replaced with Battle for Azeroth Brawler's Guild achievements.
  • If you have 800 skill level in a profession before the patch, you will have all previous expansion's crafting maxed.
  • If you have 650 skill level in a profession, you'll have 100 in earlier expansions, 50/100 for Warlords of Draenor, and 0/100 for Legion.
  • Trinket procs and set bonuses will remain functional when the patch goes live.
  • There are no plans to have events that boost leveling experience in the pre-expansion patch such as the demon invasions.
  • The team is happy with the overall pace of leveling as of 7.3.5.
  • Battle for Azeroth should be a little more alt friendly than Legion.
  • Getting BiS legendaries for your spec and leveling each artifact weapon is no longer an issue, so it should be much easier to keep your other specs relevant.
  • Blizzard feels that Legion was a truly successful expansions and players in general have been more positive about it than other recent expansions.
  • The team is excited about the improvements to the gearing system which gives more control to the player and lessen the impact of randomness.
  • The pre-expansion patch will have the story events and world quests leading up to the burning of Teldrassil.
  • Catch up gear will be included in the Darkshore world quest rewards for the prepatch event.
  • The plan is to have the Battle for Lordaeron scenario available a week before launch of the expansion for players that have purchased Battle for Azeroth.

Protection Paladin Feedback - Battle for Azeroth

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

I can say that I am not enjoying Avengers augmenting SoTR... it just seems odd.

It is odd to begin with. But the fact that it doesn't continue the "bonus" buff if you use SoTR again, is a bit frustrating on top of that.

If you overlap a buffed Shield of the Righteous with an unbuffed one, or vice versa, it should average together the two armor values based on the duration remaining, rather than simply overwriting one with the other. This is similar to how Shield of the Righteous behaved in the past with e.g. temporary mastery buffs.

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Quest Chain Help

I would just like to go on record and say that the quest help and quest progress in general is horrible in wow, simply horrible. half the time you have no clue what you have and have not done, where to pick up a quest line if you dropped it, what is required what is optional.

See, I believe it has improved greatly. Most questlines, especially the important ones, appear on the map so you know to go there and pick it up. If you abandon a quest, the exclamation point often will appear on the map to let you know where to go back to.

Understand, there will always be some mystery when it comes to questing, since part of playing an MMO is exploring and figuring out for yourself what does what. For those who don't have the patience or desire to do so there are a number of sites where a lot of that information is available, usually figured out by other players.

That said, as the others have suggested, if you have feedback regarding the experience I'd ask that you submit your suggestions through the in-game option in the help menu or by posting in the relevant section of the forums. For this probably the quest forum would be best.

What is "required or optional" isn't determined by Blizzard.

I think they mean for situations in which you are trying to do quest Y, but in order to get quest Y you need to do quest A through G in zone 1, plus another two quests in Zone 2 and maybe bring your reputation up to Friendly with faction delta.

The requirements for a lot of quests, activities, etc... aren't always transparent in MMO's. Though they aren't necessarily intended to be. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Epilepsy - Empowered Artifact Weapon

Thanks for the feedback on this! I've passed this along to the developers but I just wanted to drop a note that I was in the process of cleaning up this thread.

No two people who suffer from epileptic seizures due to photo sensitivity are triggered by the same things. It could be a "tame" animation to you but causes a nightmare for someone else. Please be aware of that before you make an insensitive comment that causes me to have to delete it and/or suspend you. It's annoying. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

This Week in WoW History

We're taking a look back at old MMO-Champion posts and World of Warcraft news that occurred during this time in previous years.

Legendary Staff

Firelands brought a special item for caster DPS, Dragonwrath, Teracgosa’s Rest. To obtain this legendary item, players had to gain the base version, that was not much more than any other staff which dropped from the raid, however completing a series of quests, most of which were time gated based on collecting items from the raid, the staff became more powerful. After going through three upgrades, the staff reached its final phase, which made it sometimes duplicate harmful spells, and allowed the player to transform into Teracgosa’s Visage.

Fendral’s Flamescythe

Majordomo Staghelm, in the Firelands drops a weapon that was of particular interest to feral druids. For the first time, equipping this weapon completely changed the way druids look in the Cat form. This blazing form was sought by many druids, and later inspired a number of the Artifact Weapon appearances in Legion.

Sky Golem

Patch 5.4 introduced a new mount that was craftable by Engineers, but most used by Herbalists. This mount allows players to gather herbs while mounted, making it a luxury item to have, especially at the beginning of new expansions when herb prices tend to be very high.

Legendary Rings

The Warlords of Draenor equivalent of the Legendary Cloak were the Rings. Healers, tanks, and DPS all got unique procs that empowered all of the specific roles if one person used it. While only a few players had access to these during the world first rance, the rings contributed to many other guilds defeating the Hellfire Citadel.

Sun Darter Hatchling

The Sun Darter Hatchling was one of the few very intricate secrets discovered throughout Legion. Acquiring this pet requires players to solve a series of riddles in a hidden cave, and making use of many items from previous expansions. This secret was of course solved, by the Secret Finding Discord, and a full guide was published to navigate players through it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/77 ... oW-History
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News