Communities Preview, Calendar Art, Mag'har Orc Hub, Blue Pos

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 12 Jul 2018, 21:00

Communities Preview, Calendar Art, Mag'har Orc Hub, Blue Pos

Diablo Sale & Challenge Rift - Week 55

New Mage Legendary - Stargazer Luna

Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes – July 10, 2018

ESPN, Disney XD and Blizzard - Multiyear Telecast Agreement for Overwatch League

Battle for Azeroth Preview - World of Warcraft Communities

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

With the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, we’re introducing World of Warcraft Communities, a new feature that will let you create, manage, and join multiple groups of friends and family. Whether you have a dedicated group that just likes to role-play, a group that is all about pet battling, or another that is focused on Mythic dungeons, Communities will allow you to bring them all together—no matter what realms they’re on. Not only will you be able to participate in a variety of Community groups, but you’ll be able to maintain your membership in your guild at the same time.

You can create and manage a World of Warcraft Community through the Guilds & Communities tab (J), where you’ll also have access to Blizzard Groups. Blizzard Groups allow you to connect with cross-game friends and other players even beyond World of Warcraft via the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app; Communities are specific to the character you’re creating the community with and are great for bringing together in-game friends.

Communities you create are open to same-faction characters from any realm within your region. You’ll be able to invite characters directly, provide a code, or send an invitation link to those you would like to invite to your newly-created community. You’ll also be able to create calendar events specific to your community and use Quick Join to hop into groups together.

As a part of this new feature, players will also be able to take part in Community-specific chat (text and voice), create and manage channels, and easily switch between them right within the Community interface. The new feature also provides a chat history, which we’re also bringing to guild chat.

World of Warcraft Communities will be available soon, with the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch—stay tuned for more information.

You can learn more about how to create and manage your Communities in our support article. For additional troubleshooting help with joining a World of Warcraft Community or Guild chat, visit our support site.

Upcoming World of Warcraft Calendar Art

LorePie noticed a new World of Warcraft 2019 calendar appear on Amazon, with some interesting art.

Mag'har Orc Hub in Orgrimmar's Valley of Honor

The Mah'har orcs have taken up residence in the Hall of the Brave in the Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar. They do not have their own racial city as the events of recruiting them have forced them to flee Draenor.

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

In-Game Advertising Policy Updates

Just wanted to add an additional note here on this thread about how this affects forum posts.

Advertisements for carries are to only be placed in your realm forum (standard spam rules apply for bumping the thread). Any posts outside of that or on realms that are not your own will be treated under the advertisement rules and subject to deletion.

For reiteration this means you have two places to place advertisements for carries for in game gold only, those are Trade Chat and your realm forum. Please keep in mind carries are still not supported by Customer Support, if something goes wrong CS will be unable to recover any losses. Note: They still may investigate and take action on verified scams.

Seems rather petty and I expected more from blizzard support. Every experience I have had with them has been extremely helpful and courteous and now you are telling me I'm SOL if I was to be scammed.

This isn't a new ruling CS wise. The stance has nearly always been in place for unsupported transactions. I'm just restating it to go with the update to how we handle the forums as well. The idea is that in situations where someone is scamming other players by selling runs, taking the gold, and not providing the carry, we will do what we can to verify reports of a scam and apply appropriate penalties based on what is found, including removing any of the ill gotten gains. We otherwise do not assist in recovering any lost gold/materials though because an unsupported transaction is just that, unsupported. If you decide to engage in a trade that our systems do not support you do so at your own risk.

How are we defining "My realm"?

I think it's pretty easily defined as posting from a character that is used on that realm, this includes Connected Realms. I think it would be pretty obvious if you're posting from a level 1. This is something that the moderators can easily check to see if you're just doing it on realms that you don't play. We're not gonna restrict it by level of the poster because it will be very obvious to us on the back end. However, if you make these post on a level 1 character then you should expect to be reported and looked into to see if you actually play on that realm. The same goes for even having a level capped character but nothing else on that realm, so just going around putting leveled/boosted characters on realms doesn't work either.

World of Warcraft at Hellfest 2018

Kristian Nairn attended Hellfest 2018 to discuss World of Warcraft with some of the bands!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/77 ... t-Hellfest
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News