July 18 Hotfixes, Slayer's Tabard, Chromatic Sword, Blue Pos

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 19 Jul 2018, 13:00

July 18 Hotfixes, Slayer's Tabard, Chromatic Sword, Blue Pos

Challenge Rift - Week 56

New Paladin Card - Annoy-o-Module

Art & Animation AMA Recap, Weekly Hero Rotation & Sales

Overwatch League 2018: Quarterfinal Playoffs Recap

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - July 18

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Classes

Dungeons and Raids

NPCS

• Fixed a bug causing centaurs in Desolace to deal more damage than intended.
  • Druids can again interact with Skycaller Faeb.

Player versus Player

• Honor and Conquest rewards for Epic Battlegrounds have been increased.
  • Corrected the amount of damage dealt by players to creatures and vehicles in Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest.

Professions

• Corrected the display of ranks in Profession recipe windows.

Quests

World

• Legion Assaults now correctly scale down to player level 98.

Lost Artifact Appearances

Before a hotfix that we made to the game on Tuesday, July 17 at 3:30 p.m. PDT, some players in the Americas, Australia, and New Zealand may have found that the Mage Tower Artifact appearance they thought they earned had gone missing. We have some suggestions for you, if you believe this to be the case.

Check your quest logs.

If you have either the scenario quest completed, or you’re on the final quest to return to Dalaran and talk to the Council of Six, you should be able to go turn it in and obtain the appearance.

Go to The Violet Citadel.

It’s possible that one of the Council of Six has the final mage tower quest available for you. Go to Dalaran, accept the quest, stand in the circle and have your weapon upgraded, and then complete the quest. This should award the appearance.

We apologize for the confusion. Thank you very much!

Demon Hunter Slayer's Tabard

The Slayer's Tabard is a new item added to the demon hunter order hall vendor Falara Nightsong for 100 gold. You can purchase it only after completing the demon hunter class campaign. This tabard is a high definition model of the original Green Trophy Tabard of the Illidari and is only wearable by demon hunters.

Chromatic Sword Returns

Thanks to Dinnertime from the AllTheThings Addon Discord we now know that the Chromatic Sword is once again dropping from the rare spawn Scale Belly in the The Cape of Stranglethorn. This two-handed sword is a highly valued BoE that stopped dropping in Cataclysm. It has a particle effect that is unavailable with any other transmog items.

Transmog Concerns with Pre-Patch

Since the Pre-Patch went live yesterday, we’ve seen some questions and concerns from players on several transmogrification issues. We’d like to elaborate on some details about how the system works:

Transmogging an Artifact to look like a non-Artifact from your weapon appearances collection should work as it did before.

You can now have a transmogrify vendor put an earned Artifact appearance on appropriate non-Artifact weapons belonging to characters who are of the same class and specialization as the character who earned the appearance.

However, if you wish to apply an Artifact appearance to an Artifact, you must visit the Artifact Forge in your Class Hall, and your character is restricted to appearances that were earned on that character.

Artifact appearances that come in pairs (main-hand + off-hand) cannot be separated when you’re using two items. If you apply the appearance of one of these to your main-hand item, your off-hand item will use the appearance of the other, and vice versa.

Artifact appearances that come in pairs *can* be applied to two-hand weapons. A Shadow Priest can now make a staff look like Xal’atath, Blade of the Black Empire.

Some Artifact appearances are so awesome that they can bypass restrictions on some weapon types. However, even though some restrictions have been lifted, other weapon restrictions remain. It is not intended that a melee weapon can be made to look like an Artifact bow or gun. Likewise, you can't make a bow/gun/wand look like an Artifact melee weapon.

When doing transmogrification, you can select a slot to alter in the character pane on the left of the window, and then *right-click* on an appearance in the right pane of the window and use “transmogrify as”. This is especially useful when you visit the transmogrifier as a Feral or Guardian Druid.

Thank you very much. We’ll continue to keep an eye on all of your questions and feedback!

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Launch

Top people are on it! One of the goals of launching a week earlier than New Story Content was to make sure we had time to fix any stability issues. Ultimately we hope this week results in a smooth questing experience for you next week, sorry about the dust! (Muffinus)

PvP

Logging in on main, it showed my new honor level as 37, which seems to be on par with the total honor of that one character only (330k), whereas my account total should amount to level 79 (695k). Do I have to log into each character separately or is that a glitch?

Yes, you will need to log in on each character for their Honor to be added to the total. (WarcraftDevs)

Few PvP things notable for the patch you might not be aware of!

1) You can purchase the Net-o-Matic 5000 in Dalaran from the PvP consumable vendor, which lets you dismount flying players in War Mode. Costs 25 Marks of Honor, but its "free" as a quest reward in BFA'

2) Alterac Valley NPCs will now hit harder and have more health, as they scale with your level (as to normalize AV's difficulty throughout the expansion). You can now queue for AV in the 'Random Epic Battleground' queue option!

This isnt true as of right now, NPC health and vehicle health is so low epic bgs are just rushes to the boss

Yep, its an issue we're looking into right now (ckaleiki)

3) Isle of Conquest's gates now have more health, and the commander now has more health. Trying to curb the "rush the commander" meta.

4) Did some meaningful changes to prevent Demon Hunters from getting to places they shouldn't in battlegrounds (ckaleiki)

Battle for Azeroth

"Can i queue up for isles?".. "Can i queue up for warfronts?".. If you ever should get an answer from him for questions like that, let me know. I will add a special red marked x in my calendar and add the comment "Hazzikostas answered the first casual gamer question for BfA".

Both Island Expeditions (Normal and Heroic difficulty) and Warfronts can be solo-queued. Without role requirements, queues should be near-instant.We generally use official channels to share info; when I reply, it's often to make sure I fully understand a question/concern. (WatcherDev)

Will current Allied Race reputation requirements remain the same in BfA?

There are no plans to change Allied Race unlock requirements. (WarcraftDevs)

What is going to happen to the guldan mount droprate during prepatch? Is it staying 100% or 1%?

The Mythic Gul’dan and Argus mounts will remain 100% for the next month, until Battle for Azeroth launches and the level cap goes up. (WarcraftDevs)

Pets and Pet Battles

Any chance you guys plan to add "shiny" Battle Pets to the game? I'm pretty sure pet collectors would *love* shinies!... >.>

I feel like all of the players that have completed their "rare of every pet" collection would hurt me. (Muffinus)

Completed the Uuna storyline prior to 8.0, but since patch she's missing her flower crown, wand, and toy when summoned. She still has her flower crown on when viewed in the Pet Journal, but that's it.

Got a bug in for this, being investigated, thanks! (Muffinus)

Dark Legacy Comics #640

DLC #640 has been released!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/77 ... ts-DLC-640
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News