Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - August 3, Blue Posts

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 04 Aug 2018, 13:00

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - August 3, Blue Posts

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - August 3, 2018

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Classes

• Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

• Unholy

• The snare effect from Grip of the Dead will now correctly be reapplied to a target standing in your Death and Decay or Defile area if the snare is removed.

• Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

• Frost

• Blizzard damage once again correctly reduces the cooldown of Frozen Orb.

• Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

• Outlaw

• Offhand hits from Killing Spree are no longer able to activate Main Gauche.

• Subtlety

• Regalia of the Dashing Scoundrel 2-piece and 4-piece bonuses now work properly with the Secret Technique talent.

Creatures and NPCs

• Witch Lord Morkurk's health lowered by 60%.

Leatherworking

• Corrected a bug that caused the vendor Misty Merriweather to require an impossibly-high level of Leatherworking for her offerings.

World

• Talador: Artillery Strike gained from picking the Artillery Tower now properly inflicts damage and stuns like it used to.

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

"Old Soldier" Release Timing

...as a result of the very emotional reactions from horde players over the past few days? Can't say for sure, but releasing it in the middle of the night seems suspicious...

We had planned for it to be debuted at Chinajoy months ago (hence why it was late at night in the US), long before you guys ever knew Warbringers were even a thing. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Zappiboi

Did you all write the script after Zappyboi became a beloved meme? Or was this just a hilariously awesome coincidence?

I think they've said they do things like a year or two in advance for the expansions, so I think it's just a glorious coincidence.

Who knows, though. Their cinematics department could be getting so good at this, they don't need a ton of time anymore to put these together allowing them to capitalize on audience reaction. /shrug

Either way, this cinematic was amazing. I hope this puts a lot of horde players' minds at ease after the Sylvanas video. Blizzard has more in store for us.[/i]

So for a serious answer, no. I don't think anyone expected the Zappi Boi thing. In fact when we told people that Zappi Boi posts were the new hotness right after the announcement they were a little confused, "Zappi what?, really?, alright then why not?" I believe was the first response. Nobody expected him to be named that's for sure.

This game has had so many weird memed things before we even used "meme" as a word in this way, so nobody didn't not get it at least. As for the timeline, yes the Saurfang cinematic was being created before you guys ever saw the Battle for Lordaeron cinematic, so we truly had no way to predict it. Just luck? If you want to call it that. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/78 ... Blue-Posts
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News