Arms Tuning Coming Very Soon, Learn About Battle for Azeroth

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 16 Aug 2018, 23:00

Arms Tuning Coming Very Soon, Learn About Battle for Azeroth

Kul Tiras Finale Cinematic, Leveling Cooking, Blue Posts, WoW History, D3 on Switch

Arms Tuning Coming Very Soon

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Greetings, Warriors of Azeroth!

We’re working on some significant tuning for Mastery: Deep Wounds. As has been pointed out here on the forums and elsewhere, the value of Mastery is particularly low for Arms. Although we are still working out the exact numbers, you can expect the following changes, intended to make Mastery a competitive combat rating:

• A large increase to how much Mastery affects Deep Wounds’ damage.
  • A decrease to the damage of Arms’ other (non-Deep Wounds) abilities.

Increasing the effectiveness of Mastery necessitates that we offset it with reductions to other abilities, to keep Arms’ total damage about the same – this change is aimed at making sure Mastery is useful, not to be an overall buff to the spec.
With an average amount of Mastery, Deep Wounds is going to be much stronger after these changes. Note that the impact of these changes will differ slightly per-character, based on how much Mastery rating they have.

We will, of course, keep an eye on Arms’ performance and continue to make adjustments as necessary. With the first raid of Battle for Azeroth opening on September 4, we expect to make further pre-raid adjustments to this and other specs as usual over the next three weeks.

Thanks for your ongoing passion and feedback. See you on the battlefield!

Learn About Battle for Azeroth Class Trials

With the launch of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, we’ve updated Class Trials for level-110 characters. Now you can try a class in the expansion before you boost!

On the character-creation screen, players who have the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth expansion can now create and play a level-110 “Class Trial” character with a preset class specialization. You’ll take this character through a tutorial experience and get a chance to play through the Siege of Lordaeron event, gain your new Artifact neck piece—the Heart of Azeroth—from Speaker Magni, and experience the introductions to Kul Tiras for Alliance characters or Zandalar for Horde characters. After that, if you’d like to play the class further, just apply a level-110 character boost to continue your adventure.

Getting Started

Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, you’ll begin your new adventure on a gunship high above Seething Shore. Your new trainer will guide you along the way as you become familiar with your new class, providing you with opportunities to practice against several enemies.

Basic Training

Once the experience has been completed—or at any time during the Class Trial—simply apply a level-110 character boost* to continue your journey in Battle for Azeroth. If you’re undecided, you can also keep the character around and apply a boost later, or delete it if you want to make room to try another class. Please note that if a character completes the Class Trial experience but is not boosted, it will be locked and unavailable for play until a boost is applied.

While there is a limit on the time you’ll have to play through the Class Trial, you can log out of the character and continue the experience later with the time you had remaining. You’ll also be able to try multiple classes, and won’t be locked into only one Class Trial.

Whether you’re already one of Azeroth’s protectors, returning for the new expansion, or a new player joining friends, the Class Trial experience provides an opportunity for Battle for Azeroth players to find the character that’s right for them.

What are you waiting for? Take the plunge into the latest adventures in Azeroth!

*One level-110 boost is included with Battle for Azeroth, and additional character boosts can be purchased in the Shop.

Azerite Traits

The inherent issue with Azerite gear as a whole is the fact that you are trading secondary stats for 2 traits and some main stats, that to me isn't a good trade off if every single azerite piece had say haste/verst as an example with 2 traits and the main stats they have now then they would be a worth while trade out.

But as it currently stands the one azerite piece is actually hindering me due to the lack of secondary stats which as a whole has made me weaker.

Edit: Oh and the current set of trinkets I've seen thus far suck.

These are some of the concerns I have but I'm hopeful. Getting into the higher pieces some of the procs are definitely providing some firepower and unique buffs, however they are passive procs/abilities or modifiers to existing abilities. I think when you're hitting some of the dungeon pieces it starts being more impactful over the secondary stats. At least that's my feel on it so far. I haven't jumped down the sim rabbit hole with them yet.

Yeah there is an abundance of on use trinkets and the actual proc trinkets seem pretty scarce but that feels a little similar to the beginning of Legion to me. Luckily there is plenty of opportunity to replace those before Uldir and M+ opens up. I'm after that Rezan's Gleaming Eye at the moment and I'll probably buy the Darkmoon deck in a day or two once the price lowers a bit.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/78 ... ass-Trials
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News