Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - September 13, 2018, Reddit AMA Feedb

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 14 Sep 2018, 19:00

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - September 13, 2018, Reddit AMA Feedb

Diablo III For Nintendo Switch Releasing On November 2nd

All Player Decks for the 2018 HCT Americas Fall Playoffs

Razorgrin Mount, Weekly Hero Rotation & Sales, HeroStorm Episode 41

Garden of Terror Update, Weekly Hero Rotation & Sales, HGC Insider Ep 2

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - September 13, 2018

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Classes

Dungeons and Raids

• Uldir

• Fetid Devourer

• Reduced melee damage and Shockwave Stomp by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Reduced the health of Corruption Corpuscle and Mutated Mass by 10% on Mythic difficulty.

Player versus Player

• Players that were affected by a bug that incorrectly granted Season 1 achievements on the first day of the season in American realms can now re-earn their Elite transmog unlocks by finishing an arena or battleground, if they have re-attained the appropriate PvP tier.

World Quests

• Using Poison Dart on an Ankylodon no longer causes it to sleep so deeply that it doesn’t grant credit for “Cut Off Potential”.
  • Fixed a bug sometimes preventing the completion of “Executioner Blackwell”.
  • Shredded a bug preventing interaction with the Prototype Shredder MK-03 on "Put Away Your Toys".
  • More Barbedclaw Grizzlys are now present for “The Barbedclaw Flank”.

Reddit AMA Feedback

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hi. Just for some additional context in advance of this AMA: I suggested and volunteered to do this, and I'm looking forward to it. I know there are a ton of questions and concerns that feel unanswered right now, and a need for much more robust communication on our end. I am accountable for everything that goes into WoW, so that should begin with me. A standard streamed Q&A wouldn't really be sufficient to cover the range of topics that are likely to come up, since we're limited in the number of questions we can fit in. And a forum post or blog would end up as a giant wall of text that doesn't feel much like a conversation. So r/wow felt like the perfect place to address a wide range of topics in an open forum.

I'm planning on spending at least a couple of hours responding, and I'll try to cover as much as I can. It'll just be me tanking this, so apologies in advance if I can't field a question about the nuances of Swift Roundhouse interactions for Windwalkers, or whatever.

Also, to be clear, we don't view a one-off AMA as a silver bullet. It's impossible for everyone to agree with every decision we make, but you shouldn't feel unaware of them or disconnected from why we chose a given course to follow, and that will take a sustained effort on our part. (Source)

Then perhaps it's time to upgrade your own? It boggles my mind to see a blue say something like this. Basically your saying, "Ya, their platform for communicating is better than ours so we hang out there".

That thought crossed my mind. I thought they were going to be upgrading these forums, I'm not sure what the status of that project is. The funny thing is that Twitter and Reddit are far more toxic than these forums ever were, I'm a little confused about the stated reasons.

This is very much still in the works. Even though new forums are coming soon™ these new ones still wouldn't be able to accommodate this specific style. There are merits to both styles of forums, for WoW specifically I think this style is better. Considering we at most do an AMA there once a year or expansion almost, I don't think adopting that style is worth it for that convenience once a year. We can still just choose to format the questions and answers and repost here for you guys since its understandable that some folks don't like Reddit or Twitter. I'd rather accommodate than force people to use a platform they don't like honestly and bring that content to them.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/79 ... A-Feedback
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News