Azerite Trait Tuning - September 25, Patch 8.1 - Taunt Toolt

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 25 Sep 2018, 06:00

Azerite Trait Tuning - September 25, Patch 8.1 - Taunt Toolt

John Staats Interview, DLC #649, Garbage Guide To Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth

Azerite Trait Tuning - September 25

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

With scheduled maintenance this week, we intend to make some targeted adjustments to Azerite Traits:

All Classes

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

• (Balance, Guardian, Restoration) Craggy Bark: absorption increased by 15%.
  • (Balance) Dawning Sun: damage increased by 40%.
  • (Balance) Streaking Stars: damage reduced by 40%.
  • (Balance) Sunblaze: damage increased by 35% (unchanged in PvP).
  • (Feral) Iron Jaws: damage increased by 66% (unchanged in PvP). The benefit of having multiple copies of this trait active is reduced.
  • (Guardian) Gory Regeneration: healing increase increased by 15%.
  • (Guardian, Feral) Masterful Instincts: bonuses increased by 10%.

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

• (Beast Mastery, Marksmanship) Rapid Reload: damage increased by 25% and tooltip corrected to say "more than 2 targets."
  • (Beast Mastery) Pack Alpha: damage increased by 60% (unchanged in PvP).
  • (Beast Mastery) Dance of Death: Agility increased by 20%.
  • (Marksmanship) Unerring Vision: Critical Strike increased by 100%.
  • (Marksmanship) Focused Fire: damage increased by 30%.
  • (Survival) Blur of Talons: Agility increased by 65%.
  • (Survival) Up Close and Personal: Damage increased by 40%.

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

• (Assassination, Subtlety) Sharpened Blades: damage reduced by 30% (unchanged in PvP). The benefit of having multiple copies of this trait active is reduced.
  • (Assassination) Poisoned Wire: Critical Strike increased by 50%.
  • (Outlaw) Brigand's Blitz: Haste increased by 50%.
  • (Subtlety) Blade in the Shadows: damage reduced by 25%.
  • (Subtlety) The First Dance: Now grants 2 stacks of the Critical Strike bonus when activated. Critical Strike bonus reduced by 25%.

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Alongside these changes, we plan to increase the damage output of a few affected specs:

• Arcane Mage: all damage increased by 3%.
  • Balance Druid: Starsurge and Starfall damage increased by 15%.
  • Destruction Warlock: Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Immolate damage increased by 10%.
  • Fury Warrior: all damage increased by 6%.

You'll see the final adjustments in our hotfixes update post on Tuesday.

In addition to the tank and healer trait tuning originally posted in this thread, we're planning to adjust several DPS-focused traits, as well as make a few broader tuning changes to a couple of specs. I've updated the original post with the full details.

Patch 8.1 - Taunt Tooltip Changes

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Sorry for the delay in responding to this; I wanted to make sure I had all my info 100% correct before I said anything, rather than risk giving you incorrect or incomplete info.

So first off: the threat bonus from using taunts is not being removed. That's a tooltip change that was made entirely for consistency; every taunt increases threat generation while it's active, but it was only mentioned in the tooltip for a few of them for some reason. So that's just basic housekeeping.

However, separate from the tooltip change, we are going to experiment a little with reducing how big the threat bonus is on the 8.1 PTR. Currently, it's pretty massive, which is a holdover from when it was first added in Mists of Pandaria. Remember, back then active tanks were dealing huge amounts of damage (and thus, threat) due to the Vengeance mechanic, and so the offtank needed a huge threat boost to be able to keep aggro through tank swaps. That mechanic hasn't existed for a few expansions now.

Nowadays, in BFA, threat is once again something tanks need to keep in mind, and that massive bonus opens us up to all sorts of wacky issues as DPS (both from tanks and from damage dealers) increases. As one example, there's a risk that we end up in a situation where certain tanks need to use their taunt on cooldown as part of their single target rotation. That would be bad for several fairly obvious reasons.

So, we're going to try it with a lower bonus on the PTR and see what happens. Our expectation is that there is no tangible effect on your gameplay; you still use taunts exactly how you do now, and they have the same result.

I'm a little confused- you expect threat issues bad enough with DPS scaling over time that you worry tanks might feel like they need to weave Taunt into their rotations because it gives them extra threat, so you're reducing the bonus, taking away an option to deal with that apparent inevitability? Are you adding something else? What gameplay do you see arising instead?

If we get to that point (it's not clear if it'd ever actually happen), we wouldn't want "use Taunt on cooldown" to be the way to deal with it anyway. We'd rather just make sure you're generating enough threat.

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

PvP Enchants Not Account WIde

Hey there, as I’m sure some of you guys already know the new pvp enchant at 2100 is not accountwide, which seems weird seeing as every previous pvp enchant was made accountwide, I opened a ticket about it once I found this out myself to see if maybe it was a bug and the gm that replied said as of now it’s working as implemented

This enchant is intended to not be account wide. Our philosophy here is that if you see a player with this enchant, you know they earned it on that character. We realize the enchant may of been account wide once upon a time and that other similar systems may be account wide but that is not our stance with this particular reward. Sorry for the confusion. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Cap'n Crackers Update

Here to give the best update ever.

Cap'n Crackers now sits on your shoulder when you target him and use /whistle.

Also Crackers does the same as well.

Wait... we're not done. Petey sits on the opposite shoulder too. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Anchor Weed Supply

Yeah though. Considering time invested people are not asking unreasonable prices for these pots. Something is very wrong with the supply of herbs to the market.

Right now its the lack of Anchor Weed driving it all up.

We've got a current hotfix in the works that should address some of the right now problems by increasing the amount of Anchor Weed per gather for ranks 2 and 3.

In case anyone hasn't seen the datamining for 8.1, we're also looking at tweaking the recipe costs a little to bring the material cost of recipes requiring Anchor Weed down as well. This of course isn't final and could change, but just wanted to let you guys know that we're looking into these kinds of things. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/80 ... Blue-Posts
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News