Upcoming Alchemy Items Hotfix, Upcoming Class Changes, Metho

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 01 Oct 2018, 23:00

Upcoming Alchemy Items Hotfix, Upcoming Class Changes, Metho

Top & Most Popular Boomsday Decks of the Week From HearthPwn for October 1

Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes - September 25, 2018

Overwatch Halloween Terror Begins October 9

Alchemy Items Adjustments - Oct. 1

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

With a hotfix that we're making to the game today, several changes to Alchemy items will take place:

• The ratio of ingredients for Battle Potion of Agility has been adjusted so that the demand for Siren’s Pollen and Riverbud are more closely aligned in the long term.
  • The costs of creating Potions of Rising Death and Potions of Bursting Blood have been reduced. Since these potions have non-stat effects, it has been difficult to judge whether or not you should use them instead of stat potions. In practice, both contribute a similar amount of damage, but these potions are more constrained, since they are direct damage. We’re reducing their costs to make the decision of whether to use them or not more of a question of economics, rather than a question of straight throughput. The goal is for these potions to provide most of the effectiveness of a Battle Potion, at a lower cost.
  • To complement these changes, we're reducing the minimum range required for the Potion of Rising Death’s damage effect to reach full value. It will now be a 20-yard range (it was 30 yards).

In the next major content patch, Tides of Vengeance, we’re going to update the Potion of Rising Death tooltip to read “damaging ranged abilities” instead of “ranged attacks”, to make it more clear this potion is functional for casters.

These hotfixes should go live very soon, over the next hour or two, and we'll have them noted in our hotfixes blog post later this evening.

Patch 8.1 Class Changes

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Keep in mind this is still super early info! If the team is committed to making class reworks due to mechanical issues that Shamans, Prot Warriors, Shadow Priests, and (insert your class here) are asking for, then those take a little longer and start coming in later during PTR.

Not saying anything specifically is coming but I know the team has been looking into mechanical issues with class rotations and functionality that have been raised and this is a current goal within 8.1. Just saying this to be as transparent as possible as all that has been seen is just numbers, and that doesn't fully represent what the team is working toward.

TL;DR: more soon™ hopefully™

Hopefully? Is that a "Hopefully I'll have more soon!" or a "Hopefully they'll actually get around to fixing classes in this patch."?

Little of column A, little of column B, but I'd reword the second part a little if it was my words of course.

I say that just because you never know in development. There could be a unforeseen thing that pops up and delays this effort, so just throwing it in to cover all the bases.

FinalBossTV #168 - Method World 1st Mythic G'huun

This week Method talked about their World First Mythic G'huun kill!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/80 ... -Interview
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News