Patch 8.0 Hotfixes - October 1, Epic Battleground Changes, B

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 02 Oct 2018, 05:00

Patch 8.0 Hotfixes - October 1, Epic Battleground Changes, B

Top Decks, Results, VoDs From HCT Oslo Fall 2018

Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes - September 25, 2018

Overwatch Halloween Terror Begins October 9

Patch 8.0 Hotfixes - October 1, 2018

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Classes

Island Expeditions

• Resolved additional issues that could prevent players from gaining progress in Island Expeditions for the weekly quests Azerite for the Horde / Azerite for the Alliance.

Items

• Heart of Azeroth

• Fixed a bug that caused Spiteful Apparitions (Shadow Priest) to deal less damage than intended.
    • Fixed an issue that unintentionally reduced the damage of Last Surprise (Unholy Death Knight) by 12%.
    • Fixed an issue where Reorigination Array would sometimes not grant the appropriate amount of secondary stat.

Professions

Timewalking

• End Time

• Murazond and the Ghouls in the Sylvanas encounter have had their health significantly reduced.

• The Stonecore

• High Priestess Azil’s Gravity Well no longer deals excessive damage.

Warfronts

• Fixed an issue preventing the "Lost Caravan" event from spawning in the Alliance version of Battle for Stromgarde.
  • The Research option "War Resourcer" has been changed. It is now: Establish access to resources outside of the Warfront, allowing you enter the battle with 80 Iron and 20 Wood.

World Quests

• “Nez'ara” should now properly reset when she has no enemies to attack.
  • "Running Interference" should now reset properly.

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pop in here and give you guys a quick update on some new tuning changes to Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest which will be live momentarily.

Alterac Valley

For Battle for Azeroth, we’ve put scaling on the creatures to make them more of a consistent challenge . Our intent is that the gameplay experience of Alterac Valley remains consistent, as in the creatures remain a challenge as your gear progresses. This system was in place at launch, but we’ve discovered a bug with the scaling which we’ve sent a hotfix for. In short, the creatures should now feel similar as they did during during the beginning of the expansion. Let us know how it feels!

Isle of Conquest

We’ve reduced the damage the Siege Engine and Demolishers deal to players and to the Keep Cannons. This should reduce the power of the Workshop and bolster defense up.

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback to Epic Battlegrounds, and we hope to share with you our future plans of new Battlegrounds we intend to add to the Epic Battlegrounds queue soon.

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Oceanic Forum and Collecting Feedback

As of today: Last post by any CM in the Oceanic forums : April 20 2017 - one year seven months.

Last post on the night and day issue by a CM : Sept 30 2016 - TWO years two days.

We've actually been talking about this and coming up with solutions for this problem. Nothing immediately to say but I was actually in a meeting I think two weeks ago where we discussed this issue in pretty good detail along with how to fix it.

Im not ungrateful by any means, but may I also ask why it took this long? Whilst you cant be there every day, those forums are for an entire region and the occasional CM post is not too much to ask. Last one was in April 2017...over a year, Ythisens.

So when it comes to different regions, there are different CMs. I for example handle North America. There is one for Oceanic but they don't post very often. They still report issues and I see their reports. I do agree with you though that you can feel neglected by that. I'll pass that on to that team in the mean time.

What is the actual process for you giving feedback to devs? I assume you aren't just copy/pasting threads into an email. There has to be a system involved. I feel like knowing this would give people some perspective into your job.

There is actually multiple ways that we give feedback to the devs. Depending on the issue itself really determines that. Say for example something is broken and it is critically affecting the game by just not functioning or something like an exploit. In those scenarios we usually send it straight to the individual developers responsible for those things. For everything else it usually falls into the bucket of getting a bit more refined before we send it along at the high level. We obviously need to filter some posts due to language and things of that nature, and we try to get it down to the core mechanical issue. Developers want to know what the actual problem is when it comes to trying to fix or solve something. So we try our best to filter it and rewrite it to their language. Sometimes we actually send things unedited to showcase how sentiment impacting things currently are.

It's a weird thing that you learn how to do. It took me a while to get it down honestly, but thankfully I wasn't posting then as I wasn't a full CM yet.

I know we say this a lot but you'd be surprised how many times we raise something up as an issue and then find out the leads on WoW have already read the threads. They're really good at stalking the forums. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/80 ... Blue-Posts
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News