Hallows End 2018, Patch 8.1 - Chain Heal, Blue Posts, Dancec

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 19 Oct 2018, 15:00

Hallows End 2018, Patch 8.1 - Chain Heal, Blue Posts, Dancec

Hallows End 2018 Now Live

Hallow's End is now live again from October 18th to November 1st. There were a few changes this year:

• Headless Horseman's Hearthstone - New toy purchased for 150 Tricky Treat.
  • Headless Horseman rings are now 335 item level.
  • Characters who have completed the Battle for Lordaeron event will need to speak with Zidormi in Tirisfal Glades to pass through the mists of time and visit Undercity as it was before.

Further Clarification on Chain Heal changes in the PTR

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Quick update: the buff will have a longer duration in the next build. It is intended to be less of a "press button when it lights up" proc, and more something you can plan to use. This also should take stress off of knowing exactly when it will trigger (which is not something we want the talent to be about micromanaging).

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

What do Community Managers do?

Just curious. 9 to 5. What does their day look like?

I would encourage everyone here to read Bashiok's original "A Day In The Life" as its still very relevant to some of the things I do. The Office Spade reference he makes to describe CMing is too real that its painful.

My day to day differs a little bit since this was a few years back so it might be a refreshing thing to do a new one of these. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

But it turns out Blizzard literally has a dedicated timeslot for people to play video games.

This differs from team to team, so some do it and some don't. It's mainly done as team building exercises. Wouldn't you rather play games with your coworkers and bond that way? It's also only when we have the time to play, my team for example has ours scheduled on Fridays after our last team meeting for the week for the last 2 hours of our typical "workday". This often gets cancelled though as we might have projects that we're working on. We haven't had ours for a few weeks so we've been playing on the weekends or after work. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Anyway, I am fascinated by some of the responses here. You have a job description, an anecdotal account by Bashiok, and further clarification from Ythisens and many of you persist in acting like they get paid to do nothing. Unbelievable.

In their defense its understandable since most of what we do is behind the scenes. When you see a drop off in blue posts and all you know us from is that then you can be left wondering "Wait I thought you do this? Why are you not doing this?". I think that's fair but I'd rather establish why that might be the case for that moment as the activity of blue posts comes in waves based on what we have to communicate as well as our extra time to do it.

Right now for example a lot of my week has been taken up by BlizzCon tasks and projects versus not anything I have at the moment to communicate, so I delay the posting to take care of those things. That also means that by writing this post now I'm procrastinating that a little >.>

We obviously have things in the pipe communication wise to get to you but just not ready to be fired out to you guys yet. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Rudeism's Dancecraft 3

@Rudeism will be streaming leveling from 110 to 120 on DDR mats, no hands allowed on Sunday 1PM NZT / Saturday 5PM PST!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/80 ... Dancecraft
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News