Former Hearthstone Devs Making Marvel Game, Blue Posts, Bliz

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 05 Jan 2019, 10:00

Former Hearthstone Devs Making Marvel Game, Blue Posts, Bliz

Battle of Dazar’alor Raid Preview and Schedule

Former Top Hearthstone Designers Making a Marvel Game

Former Hearthstone director Ben Brode and a group of colleagues left Blizzard last year to start a game studio called Second Dinner. They've received $30 million in funding from Chinese game company NetEase, who is also a co-developer on the upcoming Diablo Immortal mobile game. They will be making a game set in the Marvel universe.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Press Release - It’s been 8 months since former Hearthstone Game Director Ben Brode and former Hearthstone Executive Producer Hamilton Chu left Blizzard to form Second Dinner, a new game development studio, in Ben’s garage. Since then, the team has been busy prototyping an awesome new game and making deals with heavyweights Marvel and NetEase.

Second Dinner raised $30M from a minority investment by NetEase. “The Second Dinner team has a strong track record of delivering quality games. With the resources and creative freedom they now have, we look forward to what they will come up with next,” said Ethan Wang, VP of NetEase Inc.

“I’ve worked with Hamilton and Ben for years and they are exactly who we want making Marvel games," said Jay Ong, EVP and Head of Marvel Games at Marvel Entertainment. “They and the team they’ve assembled at Second Dinner have made some of the greatest games in history. And now, working with the Marvel Games team and playing in the Marvel Universe… It’s going to be Amazing! Or maybe Spectacular! Or Incredible! Or Mighty! Or quite possibly all of the above!”

Making something amazing and spectacular is exactly what the team has been hard at work on, and internal playtests have already begun. “In all likelihood, this will be the best game ever made,” said Hamilton Chu, CEO. “I made a spreadsheet so I’m pretty sure. It’s going to take us a while to make, but we’re already having a lot of fun with the prototype. We can’t wait to show it to the people who we interview as candidates. Coincidentally, people should check out the new jobs we just posted.”

Second Dinner is finally growing beyond its initial five cofounders and has posted new positions at www.seconddinner.com/jobs. The team has moved into their new office in Irvine, CA, and is ready to expand.

“The team is really excited to get some new perspectives on the game and some awesome folks to help design and build it,” said Ben Brode, Chief Creative Officer. “I really want to encourage people to drop us a line, even if they like their current job. Like, what could it hurt? We offer competitive salaries, insurance, 401k – all that real-company stuff. Hit me up for coffee or something, even if you’re just curious if you’d be a good fit for one of our openings.”

“I’m just excited they’re out of my house,” said Ben Brode’s wife.

Shaman Community Perception vs. Reality

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

I don’t mean to harp on you not specifically mentioning enhance. But I am constantly getting told enhance doesn’t bring enough cleave to be invited to a group. Note, not a mention of my skill, but of the class itself. I am pretty good at enhance, i am pretty bad at ele. But my god can ele do some amazing cleave and aoe dmg. Enhance… um… no? I get that there is and should be differences, but the gap seems too wide, no?

Right now that’s an issue with the perception of Shamans. numbers wise shamans can put them up, both Elemental and Enhancement, however the perception of Shamans in 8.0 has led to you guys into having a harder time when in reality you’re perfectly viable. I wish I had a solution to this right now but its something we’re aware of and know it becomes a problem if a class is known as “struggling”. One of those unfortunate WoW things when it comes to community discussion on viability that has existed since Vanilla.

Little off topic from OPs original post but just letting you know its something we’re aware of.

Server Lag Investigation On-going

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Do you have any update to provide on the server lag issue?

We've been actively investigating these reports in order to find the root cause. As soon as we can track down what's causing the issue, we'll get started on a fix.(WarcraftDevs)

Blizzard CFO Hired by Square

Blizzard Entertainment's CFO Amrita Ahuja has been hired by Square, Inc. This comes one week after the CFO of Activision Blizzard (Blizzard's parent company), Spencer Neumann, was hired by Netflix. For more information click the banner below, and for the full press release click here.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/82 ... arvel-Game
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News