Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - Jan 9, Jan 10 Raid Testing, Mythic+ Fee

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 10 Jan 2019, 07:00

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - Jan 9, Jan 10 Raid Testing, Mythic+ Fee

Challenge Rift - Week 81

Hearthstone Patch Changes - Rumble Run Updates, Arena Bucket Changes

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - January 9, 2019

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Dungeons and Raids

• Raid group size no longer affects the drop rates of Mythic-only mounts.
  • Nighthold

• Resolved an issue that caused Skorpyron's Broken Shard to not apply correctly to those standing behind it.

• Shrine of the Storm

• Lord Stormsong’s Mind Rend impact damage significantly reduced.
    • Vol'zith the Whisperer’s health reduced by 10%.

Island Expeditions

• Lootable Seafarer's Dubloons can once again spawn on the ground in Island Expeditions.

Items

• Armor items purchasable for Titan Residuum from Thaumatuge Vashreen are now refundable.
  • Heart of Azeroth

Player versus Player

• Isle of Conquest

• Fixed a bug causing Generals to take too much damage from the Glaive Thrower vehicle
    • Significantly reduced the damage done to players by Generals’ Dagger Throw ability.
    • Generals will no longer reset their health to full when returning to their spawn point after being pulled.
    • Repairing a Keep Cannon can no longer be interrupted by damage.
    • Glaive Throwers health increased by 30%, and their damage done to players has been increased.

• Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

• Windwalker

• Fixed a bug that caused Monks to not parry some attacks with Fists of Fury modified by Turbo Fists.

• Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

• Holy

• Fixed a bug that caused Divine Favor to be consumed incorrectly when queued immediately after a Flash of Light or Holy Light.

• Retribution

• Ultimate Retribution no longer incorrectly triggers Crusade's cooldown when a nearby player falls below 25% health.

• Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

• Resolved an issue that could cause Vanish to be incorrectly removed early by Azerite Traits such as Dagger in the Back.

Quests

• Players who have completed the "Pre-Flight Checklist" can now complete "Twilight Skies."

Raid Testing Schedule - January 10th

On Thursday, January 10th we will be conducting our first raid tests of the Crucible of Storms.

Thursday, January 10th

The Restless Cabal - Heroic Crucible of Storms

13:00 PST (16:00 EST, 22:00 CET)

As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Q: How do I get into the raid zone?

A: In Zuldazar, Boralus, Dalaran, Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade III in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.)

Q: What character should I use to test the raid?

A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players’ effective level to 120 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested.

Q: How long does testing last?

A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we’re satisfied that we’ve received that information for a given boss, we’ll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.

The Tides of Vengeance update came with a fair few tweaks to Mythic Keystone Dungeons. Now that a few weeks have passed since the update went live, we wanted to take a moment to gather your thoughts are on the changes. This can be about anything you’ve experienced; be it specific dungeons, affixes, or the system as a whole.

If you haven’t yet tried some of the retuned dungeons I encourage you to try them out before commenting, particularly dungeons like Temple of Sethralis, King’s Rest, and Siege of Boralus, all of which received the biggest changes.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

One major thing that I do notice when pushing higher keys (On tyrannical specifically) is that some of the HP on bosses seem to be astronomically scaled. I would like to see the HP on some particular bosses (Finals in Atal’Dazar and Shrine specifically) scaled back a little bit. Shrine of the Storm, with the changes in the way the damage increasing debuff is applied, makes it feel like the Boss’ pool of health is simply too large.

Funny enough, the team actually is looking at the final bosses health in Shrine and I think are testing some changes to it. Nothing to share exactly on it, but it is being looked at. I’ll mention Atal as well.

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Regeneratin' (Zandalari racial) Balance

It’s worth noting (Regeneratin'):

1. These values are not final.
  2. The aspect of this where it is not interrupted by damage is unintended.
  3. We’re discussing it.

Thank you. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

No Lore QA Thread

Thanks for making the thread. I thought about doing one when I didn’t see a link to a blue post on forums but then saw your comment on blog page.

People have been asking for different types of Q&As, especially a lore one so it’ll be a nice change. Ofc not making a Q&A thread here is kinda odd since more people come here than read news section, so I have a feeling it’s going to be more of what they want to talk about instead of what we really want to know more about. I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out though

We didn’t make a thread here because it’s meant to be more of a discussion on topics and not so much a Q&A. We are trying something different and didn’t want to inflate expectations that a pile of questions would be answered when it’s possible that just a couple topics could lead to back and forth chatting for the whole stream time. If there are areas you are particular curious of then go ahead and post them here or in the blog and we’ll pass them on. Keep in mind certain areas are often difficult to discuss without giving away spoilers. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Mike Morhaime Leaving Blizzard

Originally Posted by Activision Blizzard
(Blue Tracker)

As previously disclosed, on October 3, 2018 Michael Morhaime entered into an agreement with Activision Blizzard, Inc. (the “Company”) pursuant to which he would provide strategic advice to the Company in an advisory capacity. Mr. Morhaime’s employment with the Company as a strategic advisor will conclude on April 7, 2019.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/82 ... Blue-Posts
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News