Happy 14th Anniversary WoW Europe!, Blue Posts

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 12 Feb 2019, 10:00

Happy 14th Anniversary WoW Europe!, Blue Posts

Happy 14th Anniversary WoW Europe!

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

On this day, 14 years ago, World of Warcraft released in Europe!

14 years is a heck of a long time, and I’m sure many of you have some fond memories of friendships made, raids not going according to plan, epic PvP victories (or defeats), and maybe even finding a rare mount or two!

When did you start playing?

What’s your favourite memory of WoW?

Do you remember this screen?

Most of all, THANK YOU for choosing to spend your time in this world (and some short stays on other worlds) over the years!

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

WoW Classic Updates

Not to split hairs here, but I’m far more interested in the decisions that have been made than I am how far along they are in implementing said decisions. I have total confidence in Blizzard to make things happen from a technical perspective. I do have some concerns that the overlords at Acti-Blizz will “encourage” extras to generate revenue at the expense of authenticity.

Those are some of the coolest conversations I think I’ve personally had about the project with the Classic team. As a fanboy I honestly get a little giddy about them. I don’t want to overhype them because not a lot of people are that excited about restoring old maps, or UI elements. Like I said before we look forward to sharing more specific details and even some examples of how the team managed to solve some problems that we think are pretty interesting.

I totally get the concern, but to comfort the thought that comes with that, this isn’t a normal project. It’s a passion project for you folks that have been diehard Classic fans and have been asking us to provide a real Vanilla server for over 10 years. We know we haven’t won over all of you yet, and some are waiting to see a closer final product, but the team is dedicated to trying to pull it off. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/83 ... Blue-Posts
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News