Twisted Endeavour (Part 1)

Random scribbles by Sarawr.

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 07 Aug 2008, 20:49

Twisted Endeavour (Part 1)

This is something little I wrote about Rayaleith, my belf that I transfered to Moonglade today. *nods*

The creaking of the snow was loud as the feet that was plated stepped forward, walking towards the goblin city in Winterspring. The vagrants armour was rusted in time, and the little gold shine that was seen underneath the warm, thick cloak, and the feeling of the holy aura surrounding the vagrant was the mark of a paladin. Face was hidden under the hood, but straws of golden red hair rest on her chest, and the shine of the fel green eyes underneath glimmered in disappointment. On her back a golden shield could be seen and the blade of a long sword hanged on her belt. On her left hand she held the bridles of the talbuk which followed her, and it was carrying several bags on its back.

Her eyes set on Everlook, without a smile she walked in the snow, at last arriving to her destination. She gave the bridles to the stable master and took her bags before entering the inn of Everlook. Paying for a night and meal, she took seat at one of the tables and sighed deeply. Pulling the hood back to hang on her neck, she moved the straws of her hair with the plated fist and after removed the gloves to rest on the table. She did not have to wait long for hear meal to arrive and she feasted with good appetite. And while she was eating her eyes inspected the inn, discreetly she eyed the travellers, an spark of anger in her heart as she saw humans but restrained from doing any action, knowing the goblins were not glad if one attacked inside their cities.

And as she glanced over at the other table, where another vagrant wearing dark clothes sat, feasting on his own meal. He seemed to notice her interest at him, and moved to take a seat on the same table as her. They continued their feast together in deep, cold silence, only eyes examining each other. They heard the footsteps of coming and going travellers, the laugh at other tables and grim silence between them.

“You seem familiar somehow”, he spoke in thalassian and ordered new bin of warm beer to drink. As he sipped the drink, she muttered of bad habits and ordered a bottle of wine. Filling her glass she stared at the dark red liquid deep in thought. The images passed in her mind, the memories of the past. And she remembered the moment like the one she was in now, and recalled the one with whom she shared the meal, smiling and being happy, them both drinking red wine as they had used to be. She sighed at the memory and discarded it with a wave of her hand. She noticed that his behaviour indicated he was rather surprised and shocked of something.

“I do not know you, warlock”, she muttered with rather angry tone in her voice and emptied her glass to refill it again. “What business have you here, in this forsaken place?” She faced him and a cold shiver went through her bones. The eyes of the man, a faint green, inspecting her in keen interest, was starting to annoy her. Yet, the familiar spark in those eyes was what made her shiver. It couldn’t be him after all these years, she thought.

“Only a short visit”, he answered with a smile. “Though, I heard rumours that a paladin was on her way here…”
She was taking a sip of her wine when he spoke, she looked at him and placed the glass on the table, her eyes were grim. “There is only one paladin here, and that is me”, she uttered. “And I assume that you know it already.”
“Yes, of course”, he grinned. “Such an aura you emit which no one else has here. A holy paladin. That is impressive.”
“What business you have with me?”
“Straight to the point! I love that”, he laughed and leaned forward lowering his voice. “I have been searching one of your kind, especially one whom I knew long ago. She is a great person, always ready to fight, perhaps too eager. She used the Light to fight, yet I heard she changed the path, now being holy paladin as she was meant to be.”
“Enough! What is the name of this paladin? If I know her I may send her a message to meet you”, she emptied her glass and refilled it to take a sip. “Otherwise, if I do not know her, then I suggest that you may send her a message by yourself.”
“Yes, of course”, he muttered, a smile passing his lips. “She is my sister, Rayaleith Dawntracker.”

The glass dropped for her hand, breaking on the floor and goblin rushed at them yelling. Without hesitation she paid the glass and new one was given to her. She filled it hastily with the wine and as the bottle was emptied, she ordered new one. A shock in her eyes was clearly seen, yet not understood. Emptying glass after other, she tried to redeem herself, succeeding in it after the fifth glass of wine.

“Your shock tells me that you know her”, he said in deep voice. “Where is she? Where can I find her?”
She glanced at him and swallowed. “If you do not recognise me, brother”, she answered, her voice trembling. “Then there is something wrong in your eyes.”
“I knew it was you”, he grinned and laughed. “But I did not dare to say anything. Your aura, my dear sister, is rather uncomfortable.”
“I am a paladin”, she muttered angrily. “And you, Aryon, you have become a warlock. What happened during those years in Dalaran? After I left, I heard no word of you, and still the shield is protecting it. Are our parents trapped inside there?”
“I am afraid that is the truth”, he sighed. “I went in too deep in the Arcane, and found a new source of power. To learn its beauty was a treacherous path, yet worth it.”
“It has corrupted your mind, has it?” Rayaleith sighed and inspected him. “You have changed. After so many years when we separated…”
“After you run away from Dalaran…” Aryon corrected. “Our parents weren’t happy with that but they did expect it to happen, knowing you were so keen to wield the blade and protect yourself with a shield, as usual.”
“Then you must understand why I left”, she smiled faintly. “I joined the army, and found myself amongst the paladins. As they had noticed it in Dalaran, I was blessed with the Lights wisdom, and since then I have wielded it as my blade.”
“Yet, as I have heard, so called prince sent M’uru to our city for you to use.”
“Indeed. I did join the Blood Knights, I gained more knowledge, yet I did not feel secure”, she sighs and sips her wine. “So when he came and stole him from us, I could not accept that and hearing A’dal’s song I realized what my true path is, and it lies within the Light itself. It is up to me how I will wield it.”

There was a silence between the two, the glare of the green eyes and glimmer of annoyance in them made Rayaleith to lift her glass again to her lips to sip the last drops of wine in it. She understood he did not accept her being a paladin of Light. But the same time she realized he did care for her. Why else would he come to search for her in all these places?

“Why did you search for me?” she questioned him. “If it is aid you seek, then I do not know if I am able to help you.”
“Why, you ask”, he sighed. “I have my orders, and I fear it does not bid good for you, my dear sister.” The concern in his voice made her aware and as she finished her meal, she took her gloves and plated her hands once again. Standing up she stared him down as he remained in his seat. “Come”, she said. “Let us continue the talk outside.” Rayaleith walked around the table and stood at the doorway for a mere second before turning around to look at her brother. “You’ll find me near the stables.”
“I will be there once I have finished my meal”, Aryon smiled faintly and turned to finish his meal as Rayaleith walked outside to the freezing winter.
Traest wrote:RP is like farting. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sarawr

Topic/Postby Shevron » 07 Aug 2008, 22:09

Can't wait to see how it continues!
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 07 Aug 2008, 22:16

That's all I've written so far. I don't know when I'll continue it. I've so many things unfinished that its starting to annoy me.

Oh well, will see when I will finish this one, or one of the other stories that are pouncing around in my mind.

Sarawr

Topic/Postby Shaejana » 08 Aug 2008, 09:48

*hops from foot to foot* moarmoarmoarmoar.

[color="Red"][SIZE="5"]RAH![/SIZE][/color]
Shaejana
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 14 Aug 2008, 07:42

She caressed the white mane of her talbuk while waiting for her brother. Many thoughts passed her mind, but none of them paid no importance to her. Except one. A sigh slipped through her lips and the burden grew stronger on her shoulders when she remembered the one she had loved, but never had a chance to told him about it. He had disappeared, just like she did, but she held the hope in her heart that perhaps one day she would see him again. Alas, she knew it all would be different. She had changed and she feared that he wouldn't remember her.

Footsteps on the snow cut her thoughts and she turned to look at Aryon. He had noticed her being in thought and she saw him smiling faintly. "You are thinking about him, are you? That one you met long ago. What was his name again?"
"It doesn't matter," she sighed and shook her head. "Doesn't matter..."
"If you say so," he smiled and placed his hand on her shoulder for a moment. "Let us go somewhere else. This place is too crowded right now." He pointed out at the goblins, the travellers and the noise. She agreed and mounted, peering around to see where his mount was. He grinned and called forth his steed from the nether and they rode to the safe distance where they would be left alone.

They stood at the top of one hill, watching the frozen lake below and the talbuk wandered alone nearby in safe distance. They were silent, as was everything else around them, except when they heard distant yells and screams of battle. Rayaleith closed her eyes, trying to relax and waited that Aryon would say something. They waited, and the silence grew stronger. She felt the breeze from north, cold as usual and it sting under the plate she was wearing and shivered.
"Why did you search for me?" she asked breaking the silence and peered at Aryon, inspecting his face hoping to see something, anything, that would reveal his thoughts. But he remained calm, silent, and his eyes had a glimpse of anger in them. "Please, tell me what's troubling you!"
He didn't look at her, but stared far in to the distance, agitated. "It is what they said about you, that you betrayed them!" he shouted at her and took hold of her plated arm, squeezing as hard as he could, and set curses on her that made her scream in agony and fall to her knees. Seeing this he stepped backwards and shook his head. "I can't..." he mumbled. "I can't do what they asked from me... but they want a proof. I have to take something from you... so they know I have killed you."

She stared at him, her eyes widened and she felt her anger to grow. She took her sword and pointed it at him. "You have betrayed me," she growled. "If you want anything from me you have to fight for it!"
"I can't!" he yelled. "You are my sister, Raya. I can't kill you."
"Then what do they want as a proof that I am dead?"
"Your eye..." he sighed. "Look, there is no need to do this now. We can.. fix it later, right?" He seemed desperate, begging her and she listened, pondering what they should do. After brief moment she lowered her sword and eyed him with pity. "One week," she said. "Come to Shattrath after one week is over."
"One week," he repeated and nodded, beginning to summon his felsteed once again. Aryon peered down at her and smiled faintly. "I will see you in Shattrath then."
"Until then, my brother," she smiled and whistled to call her talbuk that came from below galloping to meet his mistress. She waited that he was in safe distance before mounting up and rode back to Everlook to get help to tender the burnmarks those curses had made on her. She let the thoughts pass her mind but one made her smile, one that she had thought to forget. She knew she would have restless night and decided to pack her belongings before heading out, requesting that the stables would take care of her talbuk until she returns and tapped her hearthstone few times, yanking herself through the nether to Shattrath, smelling its air with a frown and called for her wyvern to ride quickly over the winds.

Sarawr

Topic/Postby Shaejana » 14 Aug 2008, 10:55

Keep going! Curiosity rising!

[color="Red"][SIZE="5"]RAH![/SIZE][/color]
Shaejana
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 15 Aug 2008, 10:38

Will continue once I get inspiration to write something moar on to this.
And on the second thought, "Twisted Endeavour" is moar fitting title to this story too..

Sarawr

Return to Tail's Tales